Christian Benteke

Kwan

No, by accepting a payrise and playing at the club that gave him his chance for at least another year. A bit of loyalty to the guy thats put faith in him. Thats what i was getting at.

It's his job, that stuff isn't a factor these days. Like I said elsewhere, I'd gladly shoot off to another job if it a) was more prestigious, B) would potentially get me noticed by more people, and c) pay me more than I would be capped at here. In that order. Loyalty doesn't come into it for regular Joe's jobs, why this assumption it does for footballers?

• Like 1

Some think it's his job. If I signed a four year contract and wanted to bail after one year... it's not gonna be a good move.

It makes a mockery of having contracts for longer than a year. 

Edited by b23avfc
  • Like 1

Some think it's his job. If I signed a four year contract and wanted to bail after one year... it's not gonna be a good move.

It makes a mockery of having contracts for longer than a year.

Yes, these guys have guaranteed contracts. They should be honoured.

The reasons for him wanting to leave are not known, its my guess he wants more money. 

He wouldn't have spurs top of his list if that was the case

Were guessing that Spurs offer more money and and a guaranteed start and a slightly higher profile. No one else has come in for him yet but i bet he wont stop here if they do, even if hes not going to start every game.

Why else would he leave for Spurs?

The reasons for him wanting to leave are not known, its my guess he wants more money. 

Were guessing that Spurs offer more money and and a guaranteed start and a slightly higher profile. No one else has come in for him yet but i bet he wont stop here if they do, even if hes not going to start every game.

Why else would he leave for Spurs?

he would there be the 1st striker (since defoe and aby are going away)

he would play with at least 2 national teamplayers(possibly 3)

he would get a reasonable salary that fits his worth

he would play in europe  league

he would be in his favourite league

No, by accepting a payrise and playing at the club that gave him his chance for at least another year. A bit of loyalty to the guy thats put faith in him. Thats what i was getting at.

It's his job, that stuff isn't a factor these days. Like I said elsewhere, I'd gladly shoot off to another job if it a) was more prestigious, B) would potentially get me noticed by more people, and c) pay me more than I would be capped at here. In that order. Loyalty doesn't come into it for regular Joe's jobs, why this assumption it does for footballers?

Not when you've been plucked from the Belgian league to play in England as a young bloke. Thats like a polish refugee given a job and a home in england, proving he's a good worker then has the front to say bollocks to your payrise and contract, bollocks to your hospitatilty i can get more working over there so i want out (even though you're paying me more than enough, i can stomach one more year with you..)

But I guess thats how a lot of people are thesedays. He can get his move, its just after one season it really gets me how he's just used our club.

Not when you've been plucked from the Belgian league to play in England as a young bloke. Thats like a polish refugee given a job and a home in england, proving he's a good worker then has the front to say bollocks to your payrise and contract, bollocks to your hospitatilty i can get more working over there so i want out (even though you're paying me more than enough, i can stomach one more year with you..)

But I guess thats how a lot of people are thesedays. He can get his move, its just after one season it really gets me how he's just used our club.

i didn't hear you complain when the club used Benteke to stay up didn't i?

Used? WTF?? He was being paid to do a job.

What is your reason for thinking he will stay another year?

I don't think he'll go because spurs would be mad to buy him for 25m after one good season, just like I wouldn't want Villa to spend 25m on Lukaku. But at the same time, we'd be mad to sell him for less than that - he's on cheap wages and he could end up being a megastar. Plus we know he suits our playstyle.

For all his faults appointing managers, Lerner has never bent over and sold a star player cheaply. No reason to think he'll start now.

I think it's more a test of Lambert. If we keep tekkers and Lambert freezes him out, I think he's failed. No man is bigger than the club but the manager can't toss aside a talent like Benteke just because he won't stay here forever.

I don't think he's ever been quoted as having Spurs top of his list.

What is very likely is that Spurs are the only ones to have shown interest in (& most likely spoken with) him.

The fact that they are competing for CL placings & have a couple of his Belgium team mates makes it a more attractive move all round.

The club used Benteke?! Are you kidding me? We gave him his chance and paid him a decent salary at the same time!

Not when you've been plucked from the Belgian league to play in England as a young bloke. Thats like a polish refugee given a job and a home in england, proving he's a good worker then has the front to say bollocks to your payrise and contract, bollocks to your hospitatilty i can get more working over there so i want out (even though you're paying me more than enough, i can't stomach one more year with you..)

I think this is why it seems so classless what he has done (I'm not sure why it's a polish refugee though). It's a bit of an extreme example but genuinely I think there's something in it. But footballers are on the most part a bunch of dickheads with no class. Benteke is just the latest. His attitude is part of the disease that is modern football (maybe the worst parts of the modern world too) and I want him gone but not without Spurs paying every penny that he is worth. 

**** all this 'there's no loyalty in football,' because there should be, especially with the chance Lambert has given to Benteke and the support from the fans. There is no reason not to expect more from these fuckheads. It's just a shame that Benteke is 22, is obviously going to be somewhat naive, and has grown up surrounded by agents and footballers instead of reading some **** Seneca or something. 

Edited by praisedmambo

And didn't he did his job or what?

Yes, but he wasn't 'used'

Use him? We pay him to play him. No one else took the gamble on him, he should be grateful

you said "it really gets me how he's just used our club."  

the club used him aswell is the only thing i wanted to say the club paid him and he did his job i don't see whats the "just used the club" thing?

Come on BG, Benteke played a large part in our escape from relegation, but then again so did the rest of the team..... This may surprise you but he is employed by Aston Villa to play football to the best of his ability, and that is what he did, nothing more.

This is Aston Villa FC not Christian Benteke FC.

Yes, but he wasn't 'used'

And he didn't used aston villa then.

Â