Premier League Relegation 2013/14

AshVilla

Am I the only one who sees Southampton as nailed on? Apart from the first few games under Pochettino where they kept the Adkins momentum they've been absolute gash. I think they'lll crash and burn.

I'll say Palace too even though I don't put it past Hollywolly to do a miracle.

Little harsh, 19 points from 16 games compared to 22 from 22 under Adkins.

Only last two out of his last 10 games.

First 8 games - 9 points.

Last 8 games - 10 points.

So I think your conclusion is unfair, not to say I don't think they could be in the mix but I think the criticism is harsh and they've been fine under Pochettino and could argue they may have picked up even more points had they not been pretty much safe with 6 or so games to spare.

22 from 22 misses the point. Adkins took a while to get going, they were crap at the start, like us, but once he got going they were (relatively) flying, then he was dumped while on the crest of a wave. They got 18 points from 12 games with only 2 losses in that spell. And Pochettino didn't win one of his last 6 league games. That's the momentum loss I was referring to. I accept that I probably am being a little harsh on them, but I think they're worth a bet.

More than reasonable justification  :P

I hope not anyhow, I like Southampton and the way they approach games.

Am I the only one who wants to see Hull stay up?

Why? They've no-one I particularly like, a manager I particularly dislike (or rather one I love to see fail) and no-one I knowsupports them or has any ties to them, so to me they're completely irrelevant.

I really like their stadium and I quite like the city. Plus they were hilarious to watch a few seasons ago. 

Am I the only one who wants to see Hull stay up?

Why? They've no-one I particularly like, a manager I particularly dislike (or rather one I love to see fail) and no-one I knowsupports them or has any ties to them, so to me they're completely irrelevant.

I really like their stadium and I quite like the city. Plus they were hilarious to watch a few seasons ago.

I agree, them getting relegated was pretty hilarious.

The 3 promoted clubs 

Everyone says that every year. It rarely actually happens. 

On paper though, unless they significantly improve their squad over the summer, I can't see Cardiff, Hull and Palace having anywhere near enough quality to stay up. I really do think this is one of those rare occasions.

Although I think Newcastle could be a bit screwed, especially with Cabeye and Ben Arfa wanted by other clubs, and Cisse kicking up a fuss over sponsorship.

Sunderland might struggle too - the 'Di Canio effect' is very much short term (if indeed it does exist, but I must admit he did better than MON was doing). How long before he pisses off his whole team though?

I genuinely think Palace will do well to surpass THAT Derby team, they are dreadful, especially with no Zaha or Murray.

I think Hull will just about stop up; a lot of grit and fight in that team, a few decent players and Potato head is shrewd enough to keep them up.

I think Stoke will be right in the mire, and possibly Swansea if all this stuff with Laudrup carries on. Cardiff will be in the thick of it too; they aren't a great team.

I genuinely think Palace will do well to surpass THAT Derby team, they are dreadful, especially with no Zaha or Murray.

I think Hull will just about stop up; a lot of grit and fight in that team, a few decent players and Potato head is shrewd enough to keep them up.

I think Stoke will be right in the mire, and possibly Swansea if all this stuff with Laudrup carries on. Cardiff will be in the thick of it too; they aren't a great team.

Tbf, holloway took blackpool up and made a good go of keeping them up, and they on paper were pretty poor.

Out of all 3 o reckon hull will stay up, fist face has a decent record of keeping teams up

I think it will be:

Cardiff City

Hull City

Crystal Palace

Basically the three promoted sides have the hardest task of any of the promoted sides of recent years. I just can't see any of them taking the league by storm like Norwich, WBA or any of the other recently promoted sides. Looking at their squads, they just look too weak, especially Crystal Palace, and they all need serious investment, although Cardiff have a chance in this respect, I'm sure their manager will be backed to the hilt.

Out of the others in the league, Stoke, Sunderland and WBA look the most likely to struggle; Stoke have Mark Hughes, a very poor chequebook manager and they have an ageing team of cloggers and hoofers. Sunderland have the car crash that is Paolo di Canio and I fully expect him to get the chop around Xmas when they are rooted to the bottom.West Brom have just lost by far their most influential player and they will struggle to replace him, as well as being on a shocking run of form. 

I think Bruce could be a factor in keeping Hull up he has a good record at it in Premier League and wont be exciting to watch but should grind out a few 1-0s

As for Cardiff if im honest they are probably the worst team to win the Championship since Sunderland in 2005. Cant see many from the squad being Premier League class maybe Whittingham, the goalkeeper and if pushed Gunnarsson. a great player in his day but I think Bellamy will probably struggle next season

Wonder why people keep thinking Cardiff are weak? They won the Championship at a canter. Not to mention, how many times have we seen newly promoted teams get written off before the start of the season, only to take the league by storm after that?

Wonder why people keep thinking Cardiff are weak? They won the Championship at a canter. Not to mention, how many times have we seen newly promoted teams get written off before the start of the season, only to take the league by storm after that?

was a really poor season last year in Championship. they had no competition really and sort of helped the 3 relegated teams had managerial problems.

though next season I think Bolton will win it

Edited by Zatman

Cardiff were well organised team rather than a collection of star players.

They had the best defence in the league and their goals were spread throughout the side without relying on one player to score for them.

If they can add a sprinkling of quality (I think Bent would be good for them) I could see them have a solid season and finish around 12-15th.

Cardiff (or the dragons, or whatever they're called now) are the only promoted team I think are capable of staying up. Seen Bruce keep up teams before, but not sure Hull have strong enough players. Palace are too weak.

So, it leaves one spot. Step forward Stoke and Sunderland. Makems need to reorganise that squad quickly, and DiCanio spent the last 3 weeks of the season slagging his players off

Both Hollywolly and Bruce have decent records in keeping sides up. It'll certainly make things more interesting, the fact they both have a track record.

the thing for all 3 is they dont seem to have a player of Lambert or Holt to get the goals(Murray got a load but dont see him getting a lot in Premier League, think a lot were penalties as well)

Both Hollywolly and Bruce have decent records in keeping sides up. It'll certainly make things more interesting, the fact they both have a track record.

Hollloway got Leicester relegated and QPR stayed up narrowly. 2 teams who shouldnt have been in that situation

For some reason I had it in my head that he kept Blackpool up for one season going down the next, but he didn't. They went straight back down.

For some reason I had it in my head that he kept Blackpool up for one season going down the next, but he didn't. They went straight back down.

He really should have kept them up after start they made and did a lot better than anybody expected, but his deceision to play a reserve team at VP probably cost them survival

Â