Premier League Relegation 2013/14

AshVilla

Am I the only one who sees Southampton as nailed on? Apart from the first few games under Pochettino where they kept the Adkins momentum they've been absolute gash. I think they'lll crash and burn.

I'll say Palace too even though I don't put it past Hollywolly to do a miracle.

Am I the only one who sees Southampton as nailed on? Apart from the first few games under Pochettino where they kept the Adkins momentum they've been absolute gash. I think they'lll crash and burn.

Eh? I never got that impression, they were fairly consistent throughout the season.

Palace,Hull and Norwich for me.I think Cardiff will stay up cause they will pullout all the stops because of Swansea.

My dream scenario would be Chelski and Everton to go down.

Maybe, next season ( for Everton ) anyway 

Little harsh, 19 points from 16 games compared to 22 from 22 under Adkins.

Only last two out of his last 10 games.

First 8 games - 9 points.

Last 8 games - 10 points.

So I think your conclusion is unfair, not to say I don't think they could be in the mix but I think the criticism is harsh and they've been fine under Pochettino and could argue they may have picked up even more points had they not been pretty much safe with 6 or so games to spare.

I thought Swansea were gash after they won the League Cup and Michu cooled off...they could really struggle if Michu does fail to replicate his goal tally again next season. Even more so if Laudrup ends up walking over his dispute with the Swansea board.

Palace rock bottom  - they'll do lucky to get to 20 points IMO

Stoke 2nd from bottom just behind Hull, and Southampton and Fulham escaping by the skin of their teeth.

Cardiff will do alright I reckon, but go down the following season

I thought Swansea were gash after they won the League Cup and Michu cooled off...they could really struggle if Michu does fail to replicate his goal tally again next season. Even more so if Laudrup ends up walking over his dispute with the Swansea board.

rubbish. they are going to sign BB and he will drag them to the title :P

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Little harsh, 19 points from 16 games compared to 22 from 22 under Adkins.

Only last two out of his last 10 games.

First 8 games - 9 points.

Last 8 games - 10 points.

So I think your conclusion is unfair, not to say I don't think they could be in the mix but I think the criticism is harsh and they've been fine under Pochettino and could argue they may have picked up even more points had they not been pretty much safe with 6 or so games to spare.

22 from 22 misses the point. Adkins took a while to get going, they were crap at the start, like us, but once he got going they were (relatively) flying, then he was dumped while on the crest of a wave. They got 18 points from 12 games with only 2 losses in that spell. And Pochettino didn't win one of his last 6 league games. That's the momentum loss I was referring to. I accept that I probably am being a little harsh on them, but I think they're worth a bet.

Am I the only one who wants to see Hull stay up?

Why? They've no-one I particularly like, a manager I particularly dislike (or rather one I love to see fail) and no-one I knowsupports them or has any ties to them, so to me they're completely irrelevant.

Why? They've no-one I particularly like, a manager I particularly dislike (or rather one I love to see fail) and no-one I knowsupports them or has any ties to them, so to me they're completely irrelevant.

As an Irish man id expect you be cheering for legend that is Paul McShane

• Like 1

As an Irish man id expect you be cheering for legend that is Paul McShane

:lol: As if to seal the deal.
  • Like 1

It's hard to tell before the end of the transfer window. A signing like Gaston Ramirez or Benteke for any number of clubs could be that little bit of quality to just keep them up.

I do think Palace will struggle, though.

Ramirez? According to Soton fans he's hardly set the world alight tbh.

Â