2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

only caught last 15 minutes and them conditions looked dangerous.

Some poor misses from Sexton at the end, will need to up his game

It didn't rain... that was sweat.

Sexton is a vastly better player than Farrell. Goal kicking duties will go to Halfpenny if the coach has an ounce of sense. It's about getting the back line working and Sexton has a much better running game. The NH needs to get away from the notion that the 10 is good for kicking and that's it. 

Anyway it was a pasting but the upcoming games will teach us more.

only caught last 15 minutes and them conditions looked dangerous.

Some poor misses from Sexton at the end, will need to up his game

It didn't rain... that was sweat.

yeah I meant in regards to the how warm it looked

Sexton is a natural leader and has far more creative threat than Farrell, also he's better defensively. In the coming weeks he'll prove he's the better option and start the opening test. His kicking has been excellent recently. He's not been with the Lions as he's been busy winning a couple of trophies with Leinster. 

Farrell (and several other English players) gets a lot of shit (mainly from the Welsh and Irish) but he's a cracking player. It was not so long ago that he was running the show as we destroyed the All Blacks. Not many 10s can say they've done that.

Farrell was very poor, can goal kick and tackle, but he can't get a back line moving, make a break or run a game.  Sexton will start, so much more in his locker.  Farrell is on the tour because his dad is and he is English. 

Because he is English? Absolute nonsense! Given Gatland's comments prior to the tour, being English worked against him if anything!

I'm not saying he's as good as Sexton but he didn't do such a bad job of getting the back line moving against New Zealand did he?

He was average against New Zealand, England got the upper hand up front and NZ were poor.  He was awful against Toulon.  He is a limited player who kicks goals.  How was he against Wales?

Gatland had to get some more English players into the squad and Farrell was lucky.  Hook or Maddigan should of went ahhead of him.

He was more than 'average' against New Zealand and he out kicked Sexton in the 6 nations in all areas. I still think Toby Flood is a better player though.

And going back to that 'because he's English' thing is ridiculous. Gatland, being the Welsh coach has chosen plenty of Welsh players who are less deserving than others, plenty of bias there.

Madigan, now there is a kicker. He's been unreal since he came in for Sexton while he was injured. Given his versatility in positions he should have gone. Maybe if he had started in the Six Nations like he should have after Sextons injury he may have gone. He's been excellent for Leinster though. 

As for Sexton Farrell debate, there is little debate tbh. If Sexton plays anywhere near his best rugby he's a guaranteed starter, his all round game is excellent and he's comfortably the best No.10 in northern hemisphere. His only problems have been playing in an Irish team with a long outdated Coach. His club Leinster had moved well beyond this old brand thinking which Ireland still played. 

He'll be the star of this tour. 

He was more than 'average' against New Zealand and he out kicked Sexton in the 6 nations in all areas. I still think Toby Flood is a better player though.

And going back to that 'because he's English' thing is ridiculous. Gatland, being the Welsh coach has chosen plenty of Welsh players who are less deserving than others, plenty of bias there.

He did? I am calling bullshit on your assessment of Sextons performance in the Six Nations given he played a shade over 80 minutes in total. 

Sexton got injured in the first half against England, in our 2nd match. He kicked well in our opening game where we beat eventual winners Wales. 

Sexton was not on the pitch for any of our defeats. So any use of Irelands performances in Six Nations as a way to prove Farrell as being better than Sexton is impossible, idiotic and shows the clear bias you have. 

Thanks for backing me up, Gatland did pick too many welsh players so had to up the number of English or he would have been killed by the media, Farrell was lucky.

Wales have been the outstanding team in the NH for a few years, so I think Wales dominating the party is only fair. Oh but they didn't beat NZ and England did!

The kicking debate is pointless. Halfpenny is better than both and will probably have the kicking duties. Sexton is proven, experienced 10 and has trophies to his name to back him up. He'll get the nod and Farrell will come off the bench if the game gets tight and they need to just ping it in the corners and batter the Aussies up front.

Then again, Sexton didn't beat NZ and England did.

Oh, did I mention that England beat NZ?

They did you know!

Â