Monaco and their absurd spending

The_Steve

Falcao has no choice because the third party pays most of his wages. He goes where they tell him to go.

This..

It's the same with most South American footballers. Probably had a say with Neymar going to Barca.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

If they all gel, they will be unstoppable next year. I personally think they will wipe the floor with PSG domestically. 

Can't see that. Aren't they a Ligue 2 team with Falcao and Moutinho? Carvalho and Valdes will probably be upgrades on what they have, but neither are exactly good anymore. PSG will walk the league again unless Monaco sign at least 5/6 more very good players.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Don`t forget ocampos which is supposedly a huge talent as well.

I do find it weird that not much more than a year ago a striker from Norway played in monaco. After that he moved to our local team and he is proper shit. And now look, falcao is suddenly there. That is quite the drastic change. 

Falcao has no choice because the third party pays most of his wages. He goes where they tell him to go.

Can they hold a gun to his head?

Falcao has gone to Monaco because he's happy to go to Monaco and earn the wages he's getting from whoever pays them.

Falcao has gone to Monaco because he's happy to go to Monaco and earn the wages he's getting from whoever pays them.

Do you know that for a fact?  You don't know what his contract with the third party states.  It's highly likely they can take him to the cleaners if he goes 'on strike' to get a move to a different club.

Do you know that for a fact?  You don't know what his contract with the third party states.  It's highly likely they can take him to the cleaners if he goes 'on strike' to get a move to a different club.

No club is going go spend that much money on a player who really didn't want to go there. He could quite easily make it clear he didn't want to go without going on strike.

I think he'd rather go to other clubs and has probably been pushed in the direction of monaco but i think he's fine with the decision and the money he'll be earning.

He probably is quite happy with how things have worked out, Monaco is one of the most glamorous places in the entire world and I'd imagine it is a fantastic place to live if you are 27 years old and picking up almost €1m a month tax free. 

As for the lack of ambition thing? Well, people said the same things about the players who went to Chelsea in 2003, Manchester City in 2009 or PSG last summer.  I'm sure there are Villa fans who to this day genuinely believe that Milner and Barry didn't join Manchester City for any kind of footballing reason despite each of them now having an FA cup winners medal and a title medal.

I'm sure Monaco have been selling the dream hard to their most recent signings that they intend to win the French league within the duration of these players contracts, and why can't they? PSG managed it, Manchester City managed it, Chelsea managed it.  

Yes Falcao might have been able to go to Real Madrid but forces outside of his control have dictated that he didn't end up there.  I doubt Atletico would have sold if there were other big offers coming in and it seems his third party owner decided to go with the biggest offer of them all.  He would have had people telling him that English clubs won't touch him because third party ownership here is a non starter and also that Real Madrid is no guaranteed title medal given the strength of Barcelona.  

Â