UKIP Nutters

bickster

i think the difference may be in the data I'm using is working on registered people living in each country , the other data (yours and Ajax) is based on estimates including those living somewhere unofficially

I've not been anywhere counting anyone either in or out. :D

I bet some Romanian came over here and did it for you :)

Kipper claims Ilford is being ethnically cleansed

An under-fire UK Independence Party (UKIP) chairman who said that London is being 'ethnically cleansed' claims attacks against him prove: "Freedom of speech is now dead."

Jeremy Zeid, UKIP chairman for the London borough of Harrow, took to social media website Twitter yesterday after a visit to Ilford, in north east London, and wrote: "...the almost [sic] absence of white faces in Ilford is worrying."

He then followed that tweet with an attack on the local Labour MP Mike Gapes, who he said "is so busy being ‘right on’ he is either blind to or deliberately complicit in the ethnic cleansing of Ilford."

Mr Gapes responded: "This is an insult to my constituents," and Mr Zeid has since been on the end of a barrage of criticism on Twitter.

Speaking exclusively to getwestlondon , Mr Zeid said: "I have been fighting racism for 40 years, but the problem now is, the word racism no longer means anything. It is used to shut down discussion and nothing more.

"What I was referring to was that when I came out of Ilford station, I was the only white face. That is not a race thing, it is an observation. It has happened.

"It is not a problem, but it shows that freedom of speech is now dead. You are now not allowed to share your thoughts and that is cultural Marxism."

UKIP candidate: party shouldn't stand in Hounslow next year

Mr Zeid, who is Jewish and whose family came to the UK fleeing persecution from Russia and Poland, admitted: "I probably did not use the right words."

The former Conservative councillor failed to get elected in last week's local elections.

He added: "I had two people say to me the other day that here in Harrow we have too many Asians and Indians. Do you know what race they were? They were black."

Mr Zeid has since deleted his Twitter account, saying: "It is too much of a pain in the arse."

They just can't help it can they

Gay marriage coming under fire from UKIP MEP. 

UKIP MEP: I’ve never met a gay UKIP member who wants to get married

Gerard Batten, the UKIP MEP for London, says equal marriage would cause a “nightmare” and that gay members of his party are “perfectly happy” not to have it.

Mr Batten made the comments last week to Christian TV channel Revelation, before his re-election to the European Parliament.

The MEP defended his party’s stance against equal marriage, and suggested the change in the law had unravelled thousands of years of Christian teaching.

“Throughout my working life, I’ve worked with gay people. We’ve got plenty of gay people in UKIP. I’ve actually never met one of them who wants to get married.

“But I think provision was made for this under the civil partnerships [sic], because a lot of this is about inheritance rights and rights if there is an accident or death or something like that.

“I think it’s perfectly understandable that people should be able to designate who they want to inherit their property in whatever circumstances requiring.

“But marriage, and I’ve been trying to think about an example in history, in another civilisation or country, going back as far as you can think where men have married men and women have married women, and I don’t think there is one.”

Mr Batten continued: “Marriage is between a man and a woman, of course that’s also based on you know the sexual relationship between a man and a woman.

“In the past, even before divorce existed, you could always get an annulment for marriage under the Christian religion …

“There was a clear understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman.

“How can you apply those rules to same-sex relationships?

“It’s going to be a nightmare, or are we going to end up with where political correctness always takes you?

“With different laws for different people so we don’t live under one system and know what the rules are.

“Different people have different rules.”

Referring to UKIP’s position against equal marriage, Mr Batten said: “I think that our party is quite happy with the civil partnership arrangement.

“I personally would be happy with an arrangement which says a person can designate to leave their property to whoever they’d like to, whether their related to them, married to them or not.”

The MEP added: “This could clear up all these kinds of problems that some gay people have but my party is not in favour of same-sex marriage.”

He concluded: “Having discussed this with some of my gay friends in UKIP, they’re perfectly happy with that stance as well.”

Going off topic, but when I copied the text from the site, rather than highlighting in blue, it highlighted in the colours of the rainbow. Made me chuckle. 

Meanwhile, in Belfast, UKIP's fellow travellers on the British Far-Right have managed to finally hound Anna Lo MLA out of office and out of the North full stop. Quite the result for them.

Incidentally, congrats to UKIP on winning seats in the local elections in the north,a council chamber with UKIP sitting alongside Sinn Fein sounds like a sitcom.

Itv poll just now suggested 72% of people who just voted UKIP would vote for them in the GE next year

Is immigration really such a massive issue, that they're prepared to shoot themselves in the foot on so many other issues? Is it time for us to face the sad truth that a large number of UK citizens are actually racist or xenophobic?

I can only take comfort in the fact that's not a massive amount of people. If you take in to account that approx 30% of the eligible population voted, and less than 30% voted UKIP, and now less three quarters of that original number have considered voting UKIP again.   

• Like 2

Itv poll just now suggested 72% of people who just voted UKIP would vote for them in the GE next year

Is immigration really such a massive issue, that they're prepared to shoot themselves in the foot on so many other issues? Is it time for us to face the sad truth that a large number of UK citizens are actually racist or xenophobic?

I can only take comfort in the fact that's not a massive amount of people. If you take in to account that approx 30% of the eligible population voted, and less than 30% voted UKIP, and now less three quarters of that original number have considered voting UKIP again.

I always figured they got votes on the basis of leaving the EU , arguably that's is linked to immigration , but only as a result of leaving the EU, I didn't take it to be their number 1 policy ?

The TV debates would be interesting , on one hand you can expose the lack of policy on the other hand he did "trounce" Clegg recently and has shown he does engage with people when he speaks

one of those excellent scientifically accurate BBC vox pops just interviewed a few people

BBC: 'how do you intend to vote?'

Bloke with bad teeth: 'yeah, I'll be voting UKIP'

BBC: 'why?'

Bloke with bad teeth: 'don't know really'

I thought it was because had he given a reason he knew someone on VT would brand him a racist or ignorant :)

Tbh as we've seen here on VT people will vote Tory or labour just because , I doubt they could give a reason either...

I always figured they got votes on the basis of leaving the EU , arguably that's is linked to immigration , but only as a result of leaving the EU, I didn't take it to be their number 1 policy ?

The TV debates would be interesting , on one hand you can expose the lack of policy on the other hand he did "trounce" Clegg recently and has shown he does engage with people when he speaks

Immigration seemed to be the main policy to me, but I agree the EU issue certainly played its part. As for Clegg, and sending him to be the champion of the pro EU, the words chocolate and fire guard spring to mind.

Edited by dAVe80

yeah on that I think we can be fairly sure that the majority of people that will actually vote have already decided how they will vote even though they don't yet know the candidates or manifestos

it's only a small number of people that switch allegiance

I've only ever voted for 2 different parties in 30 years - but I did get really brave recently and just write 'none of the above' on the slip. It did feel surprisingly daring.

Seems mr clever student on QT is going to vote to remove Vince cable at the next GE

Much as I've no time for St Vince , I think this student is a prime reason why people shouldn't be given the vote

one of those excellent scientifically accurate BBC vox pops just interviewed a few people

Further evidence that UKIP are stealing votes from Labour?

Labour voters have bad teeth?

one of those excellent scientifically accurate BBC vox pops just interviewed a few people BBC: 'how do you intend to vote?'Bloke with bad teeth: 'yeah, I'll be voting UKIP'BBC: 'why?'Bloke with bad teeth: 'don't know really'
Labour voters have bad teeth?

Nope, according to our American cousins, everyone in the UK has bad teeth ;)

My father-in-law, rest his soul, was a Labour voter all of his life, but had no idea why.

The only politician that ever did anything for him was Thatcher, who allowed him to buy his council house and to do what he wanted, which was go to work without fear of bullying and intimidation.

But the Tories were "for the rich"

I loved the man to bits, bless him.

• Like 2

Probably shows our poor state of education tbh... ;)

Give poor Stefan a rest! (Yes I know it's half term at the moment)
Probably just as well he must be exhausted what with it being nearly 3 weeks since they had a month off for Easter :)

I thought it was because had he given a reason he knew someone on VT would brand him a racist or ignorant :)

Tbh as we've seen here on VT people will vote Tory or labour just because , I doubt they could give a reason either...

That's why I didn't vote on this occasion. I hadn't got a clue what any of the parties were standing for and didn't want to just vote Labour because that's what my family has always voted for.

Â