UKIP Nutters

bickster

Why don't we all abuse the EU and move to Sweden and claim their lovely high wages and welfare packages.  Best of all, you get 9 months paternity leave!  Yes for a man!

So you can go round firing in loads of lovely Swedes and have an eternity off work whilst they leave them to look after your happy accident.

*Please note, learning Swedish may be necessary.

It's a factor for sure. It's been mentioned before, but do you not think that UKIP have been given an unfair advantage in the amount of coverage they've been given in the media? I think you mentioned about the Farage vs Clegg debate on the EU. Would it not have been better to involve all major party leaders (including The Green Party), so as to get a balanced view?

I think they were invited but Cameron and Milliband declined.

Itv poll just now suggested 72% of people who just voted UKIP would vote for them in the GE next year

Is immigration really such a massive issue, that they're prepared to shoot themselves in the foot on so many other issues? Is it time for us to face the sad truth that a large number of UK citizens are actually racist or xenophobic?

I can only take comfort in the fact that's not a massive amount of people. If you take in to account that approx 30% of the eligible population voted, and less than 30% voted UKIP, and now less three quarters of that original number have considered voting UKIP again.

But yet across europe we have seen a worrying trend of many people voting for far right parties such as in france and greece. Are you saying all those are 'racist'??

Many polls on media sources such as sky news and in newspapers prove that the MAJORITY (and its a large majority) of people in the UK whether a tory voter, labour, lib dem, UKIP voter are concerned greatly by immigration. So are the Majority of the UK racist as well??

Of course not. Wanting to control our borders like pur good friends in canada and Australia is not racist. We need to be attracting the most skilled workers from around the world like doctors, engineers etc, and offer those incentives to come to our country. Those that offer nothing should not be allowed as is the case in Canada

People are scared and worried, because the media tells them to be, and in the climate of the time, many people are worried about personal finances. They are fed the lie that people are coming over here to take their jobs, claim benefits and enforce their customs and religions on to them. In my opinion this makes them have views that I consider to be racist and xenophobic. Maybe they're a product of their environment, maybe it's brought out what was there all along. Either way it doesn't sit right with me, and I'm not going to sit and ignore it. If not being scared of people from other countries are going to move in next door to me, puts me in the minority, then I'm happy to be there.  

I personally don't subscribe to the " because the media tell them " line ..I keep hearing it and can only really go from my own experience but I don't do anything the media tell me to do , nor Stephen Fry for that matter ..

However you may have a point  .... Currently on Facebook there is a picture of Nigel the punk giving a V sign to a policeman from 1983 ... I'd be a rich man if I had a £1 for the each person forwarding it on and commenting ... trouble is it's fake and took me about 20 secs to find this out   .. but it seems 99% of the internet can't be arsed to find this out for themselves and just follow like sheep 

It's a factor for sure. It's been mentioned before, but do you not think that UKIP have been given an unfair advantage in the amount of coverage they've been given in the media? I think you mentioned about the Farage vs Clegg debate on the EU. Would it not have been better to involve all major party leaders (including The Green Party), so as to get a balanced view?

based on policies I'd say the Monster raving loony party should get an invite before the Greens do but I agree with you that more parties should be invited to the debate than just UKIP who don't deserve the coverage they receive .

I guess Nigel sells newspapers or has compromising pictures on various people ?

tbh having seen the performance on QT last night of the UKIUP MEP you can see why Nigel usually makes sure it's him that does all the TV stuff  ...they seem to not only be a one policy party but  aone person party as well :)  

Nigel might do well in next years TV debate and that's the fear the big parties have to have at the back of their mind and a plan on how to counter him ... arguably Nick got trounced on personality as much as  anything he said or didn't say  , in much the same way Brown suffered and Ed suffers , for next years debates Ed's best hope is that his car breaks down on the way to the TV studio and they put a cardboard box on stage in his place so they don't lose too many votes

I think they were invited but Cameron and Milliband declined.

A costly mistake in hindsight.

Itv poll just now suggested 72% of people who just voted UKIP would vote for them in the GE next year

Is immigration really such a massive issue, that they're prepared to shoot themselves in the foot on so many other issues? Is it time for us to face the sad truth that a large number of UK citizens are actually racist or xenophobic?

I can only take comfort in the fact that's not a massive amount of people. If you take in to account that approx 30% of the eligible population voted, and less than 30% voted UKIP, and now less three quarters of that original number have considered voting UKIP again.

But yet across europe we have seen a worrying trend of many people voting for far right parties such as in france and greece. Are you saying all those are 'racist'??

Many polls on media sources such as sky news and in newspapers prove that the MAJORITY (and its a large majority) of people in the UK whether a tory voter, labour, lib dem, UKIP voter are concerned greatly by immigration. So are the Majority of the UK racist as well??

Of course not. Wanting to control our borders like pur good friends in canada and Australia is not racist. We need to be attracting the most skilled workers from around the world like doctors, engineers etc, and offer those incentives to come to our country. Those that offer nothing should not be allowed as is the case in Canada

People are scared and worried, because the media tells them to be, and in the climate of the time, many people are worried about personal finances. They are fed the lie that people are coming over here to take their jobs, claim benefits and enforce their customs and religions on to them. In my opinion this makes them have views that I consider to be racist and xenophobic. Maybe they're a product of their environment, maybe it's brought out what was there all along. Either way it doesn't sit right with me, and I'm not going to sit and ignore it. If not being scared of people from other countries are going to move in next door to me, puts me in the minority, then I'm happy to be there.  

I personally don't subscribe to the " because the media tell them " line ..I keep hearing it and can only really go from my own experience but I don't do anything the media tell me to do , nor Stephen Fry for that matter ..

However you may have a point  .... Currently on Facebook there is a picture of Nigel the punk giving a V sign to a policeman from 1983 ... I'd be a rich man if I had a £1 for the each person forwarding it on and commenting ... trouble is it's fake and took me about 20 secs to find this out   .. but it seems 99% of the internet can't be arsed to find this out for themselves and just follow like sheep 

based on policies I'd say the Monster raving loony party should get an invite before the Greens do but I agree with you that more parties should be invited to the debate than just UKIP who don't deserve the coverage they receive .

I guess Nigel sells newspapers or has compromising pictures on various people ?

tbh having seen the performance on QT last night of the UKIUP MEP you can see why Nigel usually makes sure it's him that does all the TV stuff  ...they seem to not only be a one policy party but  aone person party as well :)

Nigel might do well in next years TV debate and that's the fear the big parties have to have at the back of their mind and a plan on how to counter him ... arguably Nick got trounced on personality as much as  anything he said or didn't say  , in much the same way Brown suffered and Ed suffers , for next years debates Ed's best hope is that his car breaks down on the way to the TV studio and they put a cardboard box on stage in his place so they don't lose too many votes

Re the Greens, I'd say the same about UKIP.

TV debates seem to hold a lot of sway in this day and age, it would seem. We appear to becoming "more American" in out approach to the way electoral campaigns are run.

Why don't we all abuse the EU and move to Sweden and claim their lovely high wages and welfare packages.  Best of all, you get 9 months paternity leave!  Yes for a man!

So you can go round firing in loads of lovely Swedes and have an eternity off work whilst they leave them to look after your happy accident.

*Please note, learning Swedish may be necessary.

Average price of a pint is about £5 though.

TV debates seem to hold a lot of sway in this day and age, it would seem. We appear to becoming "more American" in out approach to the way electoral campaigns are run.

Haven't Dave and Ed both hired people from Obama's election team ?

will be interesting .. after the first debates in 2010 we were all prepared for Prime Minister Clegg  :D  ... and then the landslide never happened as people didn't vote Lib Dem

I guess the lesson for the parties to learn this time is to make sure you transfer that TV debate momentum to the voting booth

Edited by tonyh29

Absolutely right, and goes back to the discussion Drat and I were having on the same subject a few days ago.  Like you say, it isn't difficult to find out what's made up bollocks.  In fact, my default position is that anything to do with politics whatsoever posted on Facebook is made up.

Bo46PyuIQAAPLgi.jpg

All white middle aged (pushing old age)men. That's the vibrant new alternative to Westminster's mostly white male, middle aged (pushing old age) male demographic.

Racism, ageism and sexism, all in one take.

How right wing of you ;)

Bo46PyuIQAAPLgi.jpg

All white middle aged (pushing old age)men. That's the vibrant new alternative to Westminster's mostly white male, middle aged (pushing old age) male demographic.

How right wing of you ;)

I'd like a good mix of genders, ages and backgrounds. How right wing am I? Not very, if Cameron's cabinet is the benchmark.
  • Like 1

Bo46PyuIQAAPLgi.jpg

Racism, ageism and sexism,

What do the other three stand for?

However you may have a point .... Currently on Facebook there is a picture of Nigel the punk giving a V sign to a policeman from 1983 ... I'd be a rich man if I had a £1 for the each person forwarding it on and commenting ... trouble is it's fake and took me about 20 secs to find this out .. but it seems 99% of the internet can't be arsed to find this out for themselves and just follow like sheep

Absolutely right, and goes back to the discussion Drat and I were having on the same subject a few days ago. Like you say, it isn't difficult to find out what's made up bollocks. In fact, my default position is that anything to do with politics whatsoever posted on Facebook is made up.

This.

See "Subway are making us into Muslims" etc.

Bo46PyuIQAAPLgi.jpg

How right wing of you ;)

I'd like a good mix of genders, ages and backgrounds. How right wing am I? Not very, if Cameron's cabinet is the benchmark.

So you want to dictate the makeup of parties that you are not interested in?

I really couldn't care what the make up of the cabinet is, so long as only elected MPs were in key positions, and that ministers are capable of doing their job.

Whether they were all male, all female, all black, all white, I really don't care. Lesser people shouldn't be given a position over a more able candidate just because there is a perceived need to have 'balance'.

perceived need for balance

jeesh

only those already in a position of power should be allowed to be in positions of power, if you've not previously broken into the virtuous circle of self interest, conservatism and protectionism then **** you, you clearly don't deserve it I have no interest in what it might turn out you can bring to the party

• Like 2

Â