FIFA 14

hogso

Haven't played it yet but will judge it tomorrow.

Pace has been an issue for a while but just fight fire with fire, or play a possession game with a really deep line. Its only an issue when you press high up the pitch.

I usually only play against mates though, I know UT is a pace/long shot game so avoid that.

I hate this game just so much. The chipped through ball is the stupidest thing to happen to fifa is so long. Conceding goals straight off kick off because my opponents just punts a ball with pin point accuracy from his centerbacks to his sprinting striker who magically is unmarked is so frustrating. Conceding chipped through ball goals makes me wanna break my disk every time it happens. Or when I go on a break away and I am clearly being pulled but there is no call on the play but when I tug once, it's an immediate yellow. 

I was going on a break away with Lewandowski and Kyle Walker was clearly behind me, but he was pulling on my player for a few seconds until Lewandowski actually fell down and there was no call. How the hell would Lewandowski have gone down if it wasn't a foul? This fifa is just awful. 

• Like 1

Through balls aren't bothering me on this one, nor are the pressure tactics (I deal with it with ease)

It's the headers and turning on the ball that's bothering me. On all previous FIFAs I can go past people with no problem, but on this one I struggle to do so due to how sluggish players are on the ball. With headers, there is no skill whatsoever to scoring with them, there is a trick I've learnt over the years with defending them but you can't do anything when for some reason a little guy gets a bullet header from a shit cross.

I'm hoping the next gen versions at least get rid of the sluggishness when you're on the ball.

Anyone on PS4 want a fww friendlies?

Edited by villarule123

Fifa seems very good to me on PS4

Only played a handful of matches things Iv noticed so far that are bad are that it seems easier to score headers and sometimes pace can just seem to appear out of nowhere, e.g through ball defender should easier be able to get to it first hes that far ahead of the attacker but not when the attacker turns into Ussain Bolt!

Good points, they seem to have turned pace v physical strength into a good battle, cross field balls seem pretty new even if fairly easy. You cant hold sprint down the entire match because you run into trouble too often, using the close control button a lot to play passes and get the ball under control quicker.

Seems to be more penalties, not sure if this is good or bad but if you are running to the byline pull the ball back and get clipped they go over. Realistic for sure but sometimes you might not have even pressed tackle.

You can learn a lot from playing with the computer, they do a lot of short burst of pace and close control, quick turns etc.

It's much, much better next gen.

Keep hearing that and I do believe it, but I just dont have that much money to spend on a gaming system right now. I would love to buy myself one as an early christmas gift, but I have to be patient. I originally planned on getting one in the summer. 

It's much, much better next gen.

Keep hearing that and I do believe it, but I just dont have that much money to spend on a gaming system right now. I would love to buy myself one as an early christmas gift, but I have to be patient. I originally planned on getting one in the summer. 

I think they've deliberately made the old/current gen FIFA shit to make people splash out on the new one. It looks unbelievable too. 

Probably late to the party on this one but UT seasons is so flawed. Here's me with my bronze/low silver league 1 team getting matched with 100 Chemistry gold teams and I'm just getting slaughtered on the counter. Theo Walcott has just tore me to bits, not even because of his pace but of his strength. Ridiculous.

Is there anyway to be matched with similar rated teams other than doing tournaments? 

Was just about to give up on this before I realised I had some MS points that could be converted to Fifa points. Got an inform Nasri who goes for about 180k. All of the other players seemed to have disappeared though? Definitely didn't quick sell because I have no extra coins. 

I'm glad they've fixed 2v2 on Xbox. Makes the game so much better. Single player is awful imo. Really want to like it, but playing with Villa just sucks 'cos the back four are so slow. Chip balls are impossible to defend with them. No idea what it's like with other teams though.

Where the hell is your player hub on this? I want to check all my stats for online..

Record is 45-11-10 at the moment, most of my losses came at the start as I was used to the 360 controller. Almost part of the 270 odd people in Division 1 :)

Â