FIFA 14

hogso

I'm tempted to get this (I'll be trading in GTA 5 for it) but after reading what you lot are saying on the last page I am having second thoughts.

I rarely play online and only pick games up for a bit of fun, it doesn't interest me having an intense game and struggling to score regardless of the opponent, if it is man utd or crystal palace.

Also how is the power play? I quite enjoyed Ultimate team last year but the power play ruined it, if you scored then the opponents would batter you constantly for 5 minutes until they scored or just literally walk through you and score, or if it was a real close game that you were just scraping 1-0 in the 85th minute their players would go **** potty and again just walk through you and score.

Ok I have had a few games on it now

I think it is extremely sluggish (I don't know if this is just because I am playing with Mansfield Town in the 3rd division)

**** me the computer likes defending doesn't it, every time I get the ball they have at least 8 men behind it, **** hell calm down I'm Mansfield not **** Barcelona

There is no idiot filter on the game, I have a man wide open I pass to him and my player decides to roll the ball in the complete opposite direction straight to a defender

FIFA 13 was a far superior game, FIFA 14 isn't as bad as some are making it out to be, but some thing's are frustrating as hell

Edited by leemond2008

Ok I have had a few games on it now

I think it is extremely sluggish (I don't know if this is just because I am playing with Mansfield Town in the 3rd division)

**** me the computer likes defending doesn't it, every time I get the ball they have at least 8 men behind it, **** hell calm down I'm Mansfield not **** Barcelona

There is no idiot filter on the game, I have a man wide open I pass to him and my player decides to roll the ball in the complete opposite direction straight to a defender

FIFA 13 was a far superior game, FIFA 14 isn't as bad as some are making it out to be, but some thing's are frustrating as hell

Maybe turn the gameplay to 'fast'.

I know there is a Fifa13 thread so will keep this short. Are there super keepers in Fifa 13? I played Yeovil with my edited Villa (stats up on Tekkers and others) and had 9 shots by 30 in game mins, all saved by the keeper.

Then their players become super and I can't tackle, they go and score on their first attempt.

So I go in at h/t one down, come out and the keeper saves more and more outrageous shots. In the end I score on 75th and 91st mins to win. I had around 20 shots all together, they had one!

Thats the ai for you this year, you tackle tackle and tackle again and the ball falls inexplicably back to them, their keeper pulls of worldies while yours lets the first shot in. Its just the most frustrating piece of shit this year the ai is just atrocious.

Its not because you lose either its the fact that the game seems to decide whats going to happen rather than you deciding by how well/bad you play and thats what pisses me off. 

Some stats from my overal Seasons

Wins - 79 (58%)

Draws - 25 (18^)

Losses - 33 (24%)

Pass Accuracy - 80%

Possession - 55%

GD +137

Goals for - 300

Goals conceded - 163

Division 1

Best Season - 16 points, Division 1

I can't defend on this game. Defending has always been my strong point. But it feels so damned slow, the defenders wont react to anything I do. It feels like half an age from when I change defender to they actually start moving.  I've always used my own player to intercepts ball and read the game, and use the computer to close down the guy with the ball, but the computer is so damned passive when closing down that they just run straight pass. The auto-swap on crosses almost always leaves my player running the opposite direction of the player his marking.The overall cpu seems utterly retarded and passive, they never ever try to intercept or go in for the tackle. People keep strolling right pass me and I have idea what to do with it. I've always been a fairly decent fifa player but on 14 I feel completely clueless.

I can't defend on this game. Defending has always been my strong point. But it feels so damned slow, the defenders wont react to anything I do. It feels like half an age from when I change defender to they actually start moving.  I've always used my own player to intercepts ball and read the game, and use the computer to close down the guy with the ball, but the computer is so damned passive when closing down that they just run straight pass. The auto-swap on crosses almost always leaves my player running the opposite direction of the player his marking.The overall cpu seems utterly retarded and passive, they never ever try to intercept or go in for the tackle. People keep strolling right pass me and I have idea what to do with it. I've always been a fairly decent fifa player but on 14 I feel completely clueless.

Go to your wireless controller settings and change your Move Assist to Low or High. It defaults to None, I think. That should alleviate some of your switching off problems, especially on lobbed through balls.

Go to your wireless controller settings and change your Move Assist to Low or High. It defaults to None, I think. That should alleviate some of your switching off problems, especially on lobbed through balls.

I'll try that out, cheers!

Â