FIFA 14

hogso

Seems better after the patch. The ball hangs a little more on lofted through balls so it doesn't seem like a guided missile. Headers have a more manual feel instead of being an automatic goal and the same thing applies as the ball hangs a little more and your defender actually jumps a bit.

All in all though, can't wait for the next gen version. Different game from what I've heard.

I have played 10 FUT matches so far. I won 8 of them and my two losses were because the EA servers just quit on me. It seems to be a lot easier to play other people than the AI who can do the perfectly chipped balls every time. 

One thing I noticed, pace is still there to be abused. 

Just played a bit of manager mode. Had to play two games on the same day. One Champions League game and one League game. Wtf is this shit.

They still haven't fixed that yet and it's been 3 years now of this happening. The fixtures are just so unrealistic. I stopped playing my career mode because I had a match friday, sunday, tuesday, thursday then saturday. 5 matches in 8 days. Like I hell I will even attempt that. Best part is 4 of those matches a league matches then 1 is FA cup. I am not even in the champions league or europa league so god knows what that'd do to my fixture list.

Edited by Czechlad

I have played 10 FUT matches so far. I won 8 of them and my two losses were because the EA servers just quit on me. It seems to be a lot easier to play other people than the AI who can do the perfectly chipped balls every time. 

Same. And the trouble is it goes against your DNF coin modifier so you'll earn less coins after playing further matches. How much it goes down by I don't know?

Same. And the trouble is it goes against your DNF coin modifier so you'll earn less coins after playing further matches. How much it goes down by I don't know?

Mine has gone down by a lot. Whenever I win, I never break 500 coins. It's very frustrating. 

Pah, given up with FUT. Too much pressure for my liking. Back to seasons for the year it is! 

By the way, a little tip. Change your camera settings to co-op I think it is? It will be the furthest one zoomed out in the picture preview and play a few games. You get a much better view of the pitch so it makes picking long passes and switching play much easier.

Since the patch has come out it has become impossible to score against the CPU. Not scored in 5 games. Every game the opponent defends with 8 behind the ball, the goalies save everything and my players now turn like tankers with every computer player having a burst of acceleration that outpaces me everytime.

Tempted to trade this piece of shit in for GTA 5.

Since the patch has come out it has become impossible to score against the CPU. Not scored in 5 games. Every game the opponent defends with 8 behind the ball, the goalies save everything and my players now turn like tankers with every computer player having a burst of acceleration that outpaces me everytime.

Tempted to trade this piece of shit in for GTA 5.

Same here. I swear world class is much harder than legendary.

Edited by Daniel

Been playing this game a fair bit today. And it's still bloody shite playing on your own. Every game is just custom tactics high pressure bollocks. Football just isn't like it. 

Coop is still fun though. Custom tactics don't seem to work as well. I wish they'd just ban them online. Ruining the game. 

The only way i can beat the ai post patch is go the goalie and let the ai defend for me until they win it back, and then counter..EA seriously think i want to play like that? Hopefully a patch comes out to nerf the ai a bit and ill start playing again.

Noticed that after the patch, it's reverted to a more sprinting based game online again. Most opponents just long ball it up to their pacey wingers or strikers then get a quality chance. Defenders are too slow to react so this tends to work a lot. The most terrifying thing is kick off. Almost every opponent I face just passes the ball back to their midfielder then waits a second and long balls it to their striker who has made a perfect run into the box. It works every time and it's scary to defend. 

I smashed about 6 controls over the course of fifa 13, rage is what it gives me im 26 and act like an 8 year old. Such a frustrating game!

Fifa14 has continued in the same vein.

I got to div 1, and have since been relegated and have been stuck in 2 for thw last 8 or so seasons! Everyone and there mum plays with Madrid, who are ridiculous. Ronaldo will retain posession despite being tackled about 4 times in the same move and will then proceed to score more times than not.

Anyway who wants a game on PS3?

Think I'm done with UT already, I've worked out I've played 25 games and not won a game. So many 90th minute equalisers or winners. So many goals which seem scripted. Literally, keeper making double saves, and the third rebound falling to opposition and scoring. Despite being surround by my defence. Think ill have to start career mode but this FIFA ain't a patch on the last year.

Â