Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Wouldn't him back at Villa, but not sure he would fit in Lamberts formation let alone his philosophy for signing players. He'd also have a looooooooong way to go to make up for that dive  :angry:

I think he fits in perfectly out wide in an attacking 3.

I suppose, but I've always viewed the two wide players more as support strikers than wingers, and Young is a winger not a striker type player. I think this style of wide man is why Albrighton also has been frozen out a bit, the other reasons being injury and the fact he's terrible, so why would it work for Young?

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

To be fair I think Young could do a job in the hole behind Benteke, playing centrally rather than out wide. Could juggle his position with Gabby too.

Never gonna happen though.

Edited by samjp26

I hope the Suarez situation at Liverpool drags on until dead line day so that they don't have the money to re-invest & strengthen their team before they play us a VP on 24th August as Suarez is already banned from that game plus it can de-stabilise their preparations too in finding their best eleven.

Wouldn't him back at Villa, but not sure he would fit in Lamberts formation let alone his philosophy for signing players. He'd also have a looooooooong way to go to make up for that dive  :angry:

I think he fits in perfectly out wide in an attacking 3.

I suppose, but I've always viewed the two wide players more as support strikers than wingers, and Young is a winger not a striker type player. I think this style of wide man is why Albrighton also has been frozen out a bit, the other reasons being injury and the fact he's terrible, so why would it work for Young?

Albrighton being shit means it wouldn't work with young?

What can gabby do that young can't? I think young can play that role fine.

I don't think Young would have any reason to come to us instead of any other club any more. He would not know any of the coaches and would probably only recognise Gabby in the changing rooms. There is nothing here to draw him back anymore.

To be fair I think Young could do a job in the hole behind Benteke, playing centrally rather than out wide. Could juggle his position with Gabby too.

Do you not remember how shit he was in that role under houllier?

• Like 3

He wasn't that bad and we finished 8th that season.

No way would I want Young back. Personally would never cheer for him after that pathetic dive against us. Scum

Did you hate him for winning numerous free kicks for us with his diving?

It's a shit part of his game but not many minded when he did it in a villa shirt.

Albrighton being shit means it wouldn't work with young?

What can gabby do that young can't? I think young can play that role fine.

What I got from what he said was that Albrighton was frozen out because he wasn't a supporting striker, like Gabby or Weimann are, and neither would Young be.

FWIW I'd be more on your side in this discussion though. I think Young would improve the side. I'd have a fairly safe bet we won't see him in it though.

He wasn't that bad and we finished 8th that season.

Did we not start winning once he was put back out wide?

To be honest, I don't ever remember him being crap for us.

If Lambert did want him, which I doubt, I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a pay cut if he wants to get into the England squad for next Summer.

He's 28 though now and it just isn't going to happen.

No way would I want Young back. Personally would never cheer for him after that pathetic dive against us. Scum

Did you hate him for winning numerous free kicks for us with his diving?

It's a shit part of his game but not many minded when he did it in a villa shirt.

I cant stand divers,especially against us and even for us. I can understand a player going down if they feel contact when they are in full stride as if they try to carry on they could get hurt but throwing your leg out and instigating the contact is pathetic. 

Its not gonna happen anyway unless he will accept 50k a week

The World Cup is the only reason i could see this happening.

It's a very slim chance though.

Similar to how Bent will probably be willing take a pay cut if he moves on.

Arguably Bent and Young's last chance for a major tournament.

If we don't get Young though, somebody else will in the Prem I reckon.

Edited by samjp26