The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

11 hours ago, Xann said:

:) Is there anything of you on Youtube?

If that question is entirely serious then the answer is yes - but I wouldn't encourage you to listen to it !!!!!!  Funnily enough , the keyboard player in that band I was in,  one Dave Bristow, was the geezer who introduced me to George Duke music. I think it was when George was with The Mothers of Invention.   Dave Bristow was a fabulous keyboard player IMO - since found fame in the U.S. and was a demonstrator for Yamaha. He was waaaay out of my league as a musician!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veloman said:

If that question is entirely serious then the answer is yes - but I wouldn't encourage you to listen to it !!!!!!  Funnily enough , the keyboard player in that band I was in,  one Dave Bristow, was the geezer who introduced me to George Duke music. I think it was when George was with The Mothers of Invention.   Dave Bristow was a fabulous keyboard player IMO - since found fame in the U.S. and was a demonstrator for Yamaha. He was waaaay out of my league as a musician!

:) Your tunes have been up for a spell now. Any footage?

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

:) Your tunes have been up for a spell now. Any footage?

God Lord  - no 😁😁. Done at Zella  Studios in B/ham  - just as AVFC were becoming a decent team !!! I think there is footage of Dave Bristow on YT with his jazz trio. The bass player - Bob Boucher - went on to play in a damn good B/ham rock band but can'r for the life of me remember the name. Played the best rock venues around in the mid 70's. He had a pre CBS Precision  --- wonder if he still has it; would be worth a bit now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, veloman said:

The bass player - Bob Boucher - went on to play in a damn good B/ham rock band but can'r for the life of me remember the name. Played the best rock venues around in the mid 70's.

Mean Street Dealers? 

Sounds like this was him? 

• Like 1

That's him !!! Cheers Mr Mooney. He is the geezer at the back - light blue t shirt and still lives in Harborne. An extremely clever man, Child Psychology or something like that. Also a damn good bass player. He and the key board player (Fender Rhodes) and guitarist (Gibson SG) met at B.ham University and recruited me. Perhaps I was the only one who turned up fro the audition !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A musician and lawyer has used an algorithm to generate every possible melody in an attempt to end music copyright lawsuit claims.

Working with programmer Noah Rubin, Damien Riehl built software capable of generating 300,000 melodies each second, creating a catalogue of 68 billion 8-note melodies.

The melodies were then copyrighted and released into the public domain in the hope of stifling litigious musicians.

Independent

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I got the Android Kaossilator. It's fun for about five minutes. 

:)

Don't think you're trying hard enough?

This bloke nearly got to 9 minutes.

• Like 1

Put this up over Christmas, but I'll drop it in here.

The gentleman in the pic, Hama, is wielding a Yamaha PSR-64 which was a keyboard for the countries of the East. It has a little panel that allows scales to be tempered to work in Arabia and the Orient. Apart from that it's pretty much the same machine as kids in the West got for Christmas in the 80s and 90s

It's the only instrument he uses.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Xann said:

The gentleman in the pic, Hama, is wielding a Yamaha PSR-64 which was a keyboard for the countries of the East. It has a little panel that allows scales to be tempered to work in Arabia and the Orient. Apart from that it's pretty much the same machine as kids in the West got for Christmas in the 80s and 90s

It's the only instrument he uses.

This is absolutely fantastic and I had no idea that Yamaha would produce something like this. Don't get me started on equal temperament versus the harmonic series. That is a vast conversation.

All I will say is that we are subjected to constant 'ear rape' pop songs because of equal temperament.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â