The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

Something to keep you occupied if you are a musician. Listen to Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush (hussey !!) and follow the off beat. Where is the odd bar or change of time signature - it drives me mad (although I am/was not a very good drummer.)

Mrs H had an online one to one  lesson with Todd Kerns yesterday  .. He might not be a household name, but he tours with Slash and Miles Kennedy

We met him once before at a gig and he's genuinely a nice bloke , he not only posed for photos after the gig , but he recorded a video message for the rock project school my wife attends , wishing them good luck with their end of term gig  ...

Anyway , so yesterday amongst teaching her the bass lines for Sweet child of mine he was chatting away her about Hungary , the Uk ,  touring with Slash and a few anecdotes about GNR ...  Mrs H has a Duff Mckagen signature bass she then they were talking about guitars ..and Duff

Like I say he's not a huge star , but it was still a nice experience and one some VT musicians might appreciate

• Like 2

On 02/07/2015 at 19:48, Sie said:

Well I'm not in a band and I don't really play an instrument (I always did want to learn piano) so I'm not sure I qualify as a musician but anyway, here's something I finished today. https://soundcloud.com/simon-spark/fading-lifesigns

Not sure if you still post on here but this was great! Even if you're piano rolling notes in then in my eyes you're a musician when you're creating this sort of output. 

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Not sure if you still post on here but this was great! Even if you're piano rolling notes in then in my eyes you're a musician when you're creating this sort of output. 

Agree, that is amazing.

On 21/04/2020 at 13:36, Xann said:

Steve Vai is doing classes during the lockdown, Alien Guitar Secrets. This one is training your ear.

Q: What note do you think represents the ego?

SV: I think of the ego more of a chord. a 'D molished' chord :D

• Haha 1

I saw that posted the other day and thought I'd wait until I had the time to give it a proper undivided attention listen. So I waited until now, got the speakers and my sub, got all the wires, hooked the tablet up started cooking. And then found out it was 2mins long - I probably spent longer setting it up than listening 😅

Nice one sleazy brass man. :thumb:

You're very lucky to be in lockdown with all those clones aren't you. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

We've gone all Irish - the wife's decided to use lockdown to learn the tin whistle,with me on guitar. Fear not, I won't be posting any recordings. It's the neighbours I feel sorry for. 

Â