So anyone done the HARLEM SHAKE yet?

mattley

I think it's pretty fun.

I like it when the internet makes a few people popular for being and doing something a bit different.  

There are more and less annoying things on the internet, it'll grow boring when commercial adverts for insurance or food do it.

let it be. 

How did this 'craze' begin? i'm just not down with the kids anymore!

This. And I don't think I've seen anything more meanless in my entire life. Well, war and murder is quite meaningless too, IMO, but you don't see much pr for it either.

Reading this thread was the first time I ever heard about it, though. Can anyone tell me more about that Rory guy?

so far this is probably the most annoying fad of all and hopefully one that will die the quickest

It's all so incredibly banal.  South Park summed up internet memes with the 'Faith Hilling' episode - as soon as they catch on, they have been done to death.

The only internet memes that have stood the test of time is the range of crudely drawn black and white faces.

79a.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i think i saw the original Harlem Shake done by a group of students in Harlem, the video was posted on Facebook.

It was good dancing, nothing like this current craze, but you could vaguely see how it has morphed over time into the current dance.

As crazes go, this one can be amusing depending on what's going on. I held out for ages and only recently bothered to find out what it was, after I was invited to be in one for our gym (which I declined!).

Yeah a few of them are funny, generally the first couple you see.

Some are so awful though.

A FB friend of mine posted one that his gym did and it was so shit.

• Like 1

Â