World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

I don't know why everyone loves Iceland but I can answer for Bosnia.They have a great set out of players mainly in the Bundesliga and they deserve to be at a major tournament after 2  near misses. They were very good in WC 2010 qualification, but came 2nd to Spain and then lost in the playoffs to Portugal. They were even more impressive in the EC 2012 qualifiers but came 2nd to France and then lost in the playoffs to Portugal again.

Secondly if they win the group it puts Greece in the playoffs. Greece are very boring as per usual and have won 5 games 1-0 in these qualifiers, I don't want them anywhere near the world cup to be honest. They are currently beating the mightly Leictenstein 1-0.

Edited by Voinjama

Iceland has a golden generation and they're on the brink of their 1st world cup. They used to be proper whipping boys and now they're second in their group. It's the coming of age of their promising u21 side from a few years ago and I'm just a well-wisher basically :-)

I wish Iceland success because of Lars Lagerback. I think he was one of the best Sweden managers of all time and were successful but he was always criticised by the media anyway. Wish him good luck unless they draw Sweden.

Â