World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

Unbelievably, Denmark are in the playoffs. What a comeback. Well done them.

Unbelievably, Denmark are in the playoffs. What a comeback. Well done them.

How? They've finished on 16 points and when you deduct the 6 they got off Malta that means they're on 10 points, next near is Croatia on 11 when you take off their 6 points against Macedonia.

Iceland should give hope to the likes of Scotland and Wales to stop crying all the time about a limited squad and small population not being a barrier to getting a play off spot, I won't be holding my breath though. They were in a kinder group though but the jocks have **** those ones up aswell.

I always like supporting a random team in the world cup, France 98 it was Jamaica, 2002 it was Ecuardor, 2006 it was Ivory Coast and last time out it was Honduras. Think it will be Bosnia or Iceland this time.

Armenia have scored in Italy, I believe because they somehow lost in Malta they actually have only 3 deducted from their tally so incredinly Croatia will miss out as it stands.

Stimac only has about half hour to live on this earth I reckon.

Think I'm going to whack a fiver on an Italy comeback and a Croatia goal just in case....

Iceland have to qualify first ;)

Iceland have to qualify first ;)

Yeah Bosnia first choice currently but if Iceland make it I'll support them.

How about giving your undivided support to England.  ;)

It wasn't aimed at you. Another poster said they will be supporting Iceland in the world cup next summer.
Yeah I know. I just thought they (the poster) deserved more credit :-)

Seems I got confused...Croats were never in danger lol. Denmark had 16 ponts and Armenia could only get to 15 so couldn't be 2nd even with a win. Yet regarding the play offs Danes would've lost 6 points from beating Malta twice while Armenia only beat Malta once.

If you're still awake.....Armenia are another example of a team that used to be group whipping boys but now are a very realistic threat to coming 2nd....think they just missed out on 2nd to Ireland last time out.

Worth bearing in mind when the pre qualification for smaller nations thing rears its head.

Â