The Randy Lerner thread

CI

He needs to show up for the next 2 home games and prove he has some balls and a spine

Do you seriously think he'll be anywhere near Villa Park on Saturday with MON being present???? - personally don't think he's man enough to attend.

We will see what is deemed acceptable at the end of the season. It could be that they don't want to further rock the boat at the moment while we are trying to get out of this. Any noises from upstairs could further endanger our prospects and turn a drama into a disaster. So in that sense I'm content enough that nothing is being said. Plus, actions speak louder than words. Let's finish this season and see what happens.

By my count Randy has attended 2 games this season - and only one at Villa Park.

Doesn't sound like he's overly committed to me....

It's a great myth that is generally touted around.

Apart from the obvious financial 'commitment', there was a period between mid-September and early November (around 6 weeks) where he wasn't present, presumably because he was otherwise occupied.

Since then he has visited 9 times for periods of between 4 and 7 days. Included in there are a couple of side trips to Paris and Kabul.

So our 'absentee owner' is quite a bit less 'absent' than many other owners in the league.

Just delivering the facts..........

He was gifted MON

:lol:

This I love.

The football equivalent of opening a parcel bomb

Not really because MON turned us back into a decent team, up where we should be.

I wish we still had him.

By my count Randy has attended 2 games this season - and only one at Villa Park.

Apart from the obvious financial 'commitment', there was a period between mid-September and early November (around 6 weeks) where he wasn't present, presumably because he was otherwise occupied.

Since then he has visited 9 times for periods of between 4 and 7 days. Included in there are a couple of side trips to Paris and Kabul.

So our 'absentee owner' is quite a bit less 'absent' than many other owners in the league.

What meant was how many games has he attended - not how often has he been in the coutry

to my limited knowledge I have seen him at 2 games this season - and only once at VP. Happy to be corrected. but if its more than 2 it isn't many more

What meant was how many games has he attended - not how often has he been in the coutry

to my limited knowledge I have seen him at 2 games this season - and only once at VP. Happy to be corrected. but if its more than 2 it isn't many more

Sorry, I thought that you were measuring 'commitment'. When he is in Birmingham, he is at the Villa, which I think signifies 'commitment'

I've only seen him at one home game, Norwich, canoodling with Delia

Yep - thats the one I seen him at. Pretty sure it was suggested at the time, that he would be there more often from that point onwards. Something to do with his son settling at a new school...............or was that more spin ?

What on earth was he doing in Kabul!?

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again, I find it truly unfathomable that some fans still do not see that the single biggest problem at this football club is Randolph Lerner, not McLeish.

Yes McLeish has been disgracefully bad since stepping foot in this club less than 12 months ago, but who hired him? Mr Lerner has also been a disgracefully bad owner in the core aspects of running a football club since he first stepped foot in Villa Park - and he's been here a lot longer than AMC. I'm completely fed up of trying to explain why his whole tenure, departing from the little aesthetic niceties he has laid down to appease those easily won over, has been a complete and utter failure from start to finish. Some people just do not 'get it'.

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again, I find it truly unfathomable that some fans still do not see that the single biggest problem at this football club is Randolph Lerner, not McLeish.

Yes McLeish has been disgracefully bad since stepping foot in this club less than 12 months ago, but who hired him? Mr Lerner has also been a disgracefully bad owner in the core aspects of running a football club since he first stepped foot in Villa Park - and he's been here a lot longer than AMC. I'm completely fed up of trying to explain why his whole tenure, departing from the little aesthetic niceties he has laid down to appease those easily won over, has been a complete and utter failure from start to finish. Some people just do not 'get it'.

you are right. and I don't beleive Lerner will here more than another couple of seasons at most. He said ten years when he took over - were almost at 7 now.

but there managers producing better with less - Rodgers\hodgson\Lambert\Moyes - many more.

Randy may not be the greatest owner - but with a decent CEO and better manager - we could do much better.

Â