The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think were all in agreement he's a rubbish manager completely out of his depth

But if you were in the bloke's position and just got offered the villa job on a reported 2 mill a year would you turn it down

The fault lies with Lerner/Faulkner for appointing him considering were supposedly cost cutting why waste rediculous amounts of money on such a crap manager that immediately alienated a vast number of the fanbase?

Baffling decision's I seriously doubt Lerner would have made it as a businessman if he didn't inherit daddy's millions

I dont see what lerner has done wrong save for appointing McLeish.

Mmmm, let me think about that one for a bit...........

Did he allow MON to spend far more money on players and wages than the club could sustain?

Did he appoint Houllier?

Has he just presided over the worst set of financial results to come out of VP?

Has he gone absent without leave this season?

Are we just as much in the shit as the day he took over despite his 'Proud History, Bright Future' mantra and a 5 year plan to get us into the Champions League?

I don't know, maybe I'm just cynical.

Well hiring Houllier - with a history of heart troubles, and practically retired at the time was pretty **** stupid, if not quite as bad as the McLeish decision. Sanctioning a massive wage bill without the means to pay for it wasn't that smart either.

I dont see what Fritzl did wrong apart from keep people locked in his basement for years.

Even if you think that is the only thing he has done wrong, that is a huge mistake, a huge thing which mark my words will put the club in Championship at the end of next season. I just know it.

My irony meter has just exploded.

If we go down - I think itll be this season rather than next. If mcleish has the chance to do what he wants then we'll be marginally better next season I think. If he is kept and isnt backed in the summer, then we are **** - and then I'll have issues with Lerner.

I dont really give a **** if im not in the 'cool' kids club on here, trent.

Even if you think that is the only thing he has done wrong, that is a huge mistake, a huge thing which mark my words will put the club in Championship at the end of next season. I just know it.

Your words have been marked as requested.

If we go down - I think itll be this season rather than next. If mcleish has the chance to do what he wants then we'll be marginally better next season I think. If he is kept and isnt backed in the summer, then we are **** - and then I'll have issues with Lerner.

I dont really give a **** if im not in the 'cool' kids club on here, trent.

Cool kids? :lol:

It has nothing to do with being 'cool' and everything to do with having some common sense and the ability to see that Lerner has made far more mistakes than just appointing McLeish.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I just think you will struggle to find anyone who shares it.

Your words have been marked as requested.

I hope I am wrong, I really do, but unfortunately I think next season is the one. Bent will probably leave, the replacement will not have as many goals in them as Bent does. We will have to rely on the youth players, who although they try hard, are not quite good enough for this level, and Mcleish will still be in charge. Oh and strong teams coming up from the championship.

The simple fact is that AVFC is being run as a business, by businessmen. There is no professional football brain at executive level which is why Aston Villa is lurching around like a rudderless ship.

It should not have taken five years for RL to identify and address this lack of expertise. If we hang on to our Premiership status this season (as I still expect us to do) then maybe RL will finally accept that spending money on an experienced "Steve Stride" type of senior executive would be a step in the right direction.

As much as i like Bent hes been pretty much useless this season. Mainly due to Young and Downing not being there to supply him
His 10 goals say otherwise. If he was so useless he would not be top scorer this season with th injury problems he's had. In fact, his goals may just turn out to be what saves us from relegation.

Whats points that then? That you think hes been brilliant this season??

OK then here goes:

For a 17m striker hes scored a few tap ins and spent the rest of the season moping around. Like i said, pretty much useless.

Now run along.

Whats points that then? That you think hes been brilliant this season??

OK then here goes:

For a 17m striker hes scored a few tap ins and spent the rest of the season moping around. Like i said, pretty much useless.

Now run along.

Nope, not by a long shot. However, he's been far from useless. Those 9 league goals could prove to be quite crucial. Like I said, not useless at all. Don't forget that he's not played since the end of February and has been isolated thanks to McLeish's tactics.

Of course, I assume you won't admit that McLeish's tactics have anything to do with it will you?

Â