The Randy Lerner thread

CI

from Wiki

In January 2012 it was rumoured QIA was to acquire English Premier League Club Aston Villa FC. The club refused to comment on the speculation fuelling rumours a deal was imminent

from Wiki

In January 2012 it was rumoured QIA was to acquire English Premier League Club Aston Villa FC. The club refused to comment on the speculation fuelling rumours a deal was imminent

Ah the magic of Wikipedia. I bet it was a bluenose that wrote it.

just for the record, randy has invested £32 million pounds over 6 years in our squad, that works out at spending £5.33 million per season on players

that takes into account buying and selling

hardly huge personal investment and throwing away money.

he is a business man and it is understandable to want a return on the business, but lets not get carried away with how much he has spunked away on players since he has got here.

we have recieved a minimum of £30 million per season since the signing of the new premier league sky deal, we also signed a decent contract with nike which greatly improved out standing and branding throughout the world.

this no doubt helps with other spin offs as it puts aston villa as a brand, at a premium.

the only negative financial wise i can see is the lack of shirt sponsor for 2 years and the high wages.

both of these are decisions made by the board

for the club to be showing such huge losses as shown in the yearly accounts would in my unproffesional opinion show that there is mismanagement throught the club.

the training facilities had already began and were underway when randy took over the club, he improved the already existing plans and also did some other nice PR touches which cost him a couple million here or there.

however he bought the club for a knock down price so that should reflect the additional 30 milion or so spent tarting the place and training ground up

and we now want to cheapen ourselves further with macron? oh my.

Can't find where I bloody saw it, if you Google it you may find it. It's some "my friends ITK" post where he's smashed out a paragraph explaining that it's a done deal and the story will break next month or March. It was a sizeable post which made some valid points but unfortunately it's most likely BS.

just for the record, randy has invested £32 million pounds over 6 years in our squad, that works out at spending £5.33 million per season on players

he is a business man and it is understandable to want a return on the business, but lets not get carried away with how much he has spunked away on players since he has got here.

we have recieved a minimum of £30 million per season since the signing of the new premier league sky deal, we also signed a decent contract with nike which greatly improved out standing and branding throughout the world.

this no doubt helps with other spin offs as it puts aston villa as a brand, at a premium.

the only negative financial wise i can see is the lack of shirt sponsor for 2 years and the high wages.

for the club to be showing such huge losses as shown in the yearly accounts would in my unproffesional opinion show that there is mismanagement throught the club.

the training facilities had already began and were underway when randy took over the club, he improved the already existing plans and also did some other nice PR touches which cost him a couple million here or there.

however he bought the club for a knock down price so that should reflect the additional 30 milion or so spent tarting the place and training ground up

do you think the wages paid themselves?

do you think the wages paid themselves?

i never said they did, i already covered wages in my post.

do you think the only revenue we generate is through a tv deal?

I dont think he's saying that at all.

Your post actually goes a long way to dispell the rumours that randy has run the club into the ground and is skint. There is money, not as much as some clubs, but Jan last year proved that even under the reduced expenditure regime there was money available.

The issue is and always has been the wage:income ratio, the club took a punt on increasing revenue by making the CL,a gamble which hasnb't worked out and the losses posted are pretty much a direct result of having a wage bill that is far beyond our means. As a responisible owner, and encouraged by UEFA, randy is attempting to address the wage bill to prevent further losses.

The way I see it is it's a bit like having savings in the bank. Whilst my monthly outgoing are higher than my income I'm going to start eating into my savings. So the sensible thing is where possible to reduce my outgoings to the point they balance with my income, in an ideal world outgoings would be less than income and I'd put more money into my savings. So I would stop spending money on luxuries, and perhaps replace the big money items with cheaper alternatives, from the outside it might look as if I'm skint but if I do it early enough my savings will be in tact. The issue of course is striking the balance between cost saving and the quality of life. Or in our terms the quality of the squad.

It was nowhere near that figure, it was less than a tenth of that if I recall correctly.

and i think most of that was down to contractual agreements to do with improving the training ground

Randy came in and there was a huge feel good factor, i loved it, it was a great time to be a fan, it was unusual to not have to read about contractors being told to stop working on the training ground until doug could shuffle some money around to continue the works.

he has not been a bad chairman in my eyes, however as a business man he has been poor for aston villa by letting a manager dictate who gets paid what.

the manager will get away with what they can and it was down to randy to stop the sillyness.

i also have no problems pulling money back, it makes sense ( and i dont mean in the doug saving for a 'war chest' type pulling money back)

but the stupid decisions keep coming, employing faulkner was the start of the decline, within 2 months of him being promoted the whole club was in turmoil.

then letting faulkner decide who the manager should be, jesus christ.

now the apparent change of kit manufacturer, which in theory should be nothing, however when you add it up with the rest of the clearly stupid decisions you just known it will go the exact same way. making the club both on the pitch and off the pitch weaker and more of a joke.

turning us FROM a global brand, into a local team

brilliant, yet another stupid idea.

randy needs to **** off these idiot yes men, find another investor to share the burden and to employ a couple people who know football, know what it is about, know how to deal with agents.

then leave the shop and the burgers to faulkner, where he belongs.

Â