The Randy Lerner thread

CI

And get who?

We have to accept that Mr Leaner is as good as we are going to get.And i'm ok with that.McL looks like a mistake, but its how he deals with that, does he give him time, money or the sack?

He has ploughed in about £180m, and we are still complaining.

We don't have to accept anything of the sort. And half of the money he has put in is in the shape of loans. He's also taken out a fair old whack in management and interest charges.

Anyone else see how Faulkner had to explain that a free kick in the first half was given for offside? Lerner looked like he had no clue

Yeah I saw that.

He has a tattoo though.

And a letter in his safe.

Anyone else see how Faulkner had to explain that a free kick in the first half was given for offside? Lerner looked like he had no clue

Yeah I saw that.

He has a tattoo though.

I think that went on ebay, it is signed by Sir Alex you know.

Yeah I saw that.

He has a tattoo though.

I thought this thread was about where Mr.Lerner is, but it keeps going into the regurgitation of old sarcasm.

Are there any mods about?

(oh shit, there's one) :winkold:

Hardly something to kick him over, i have to ask the mate i go down with what happened sometimes, as you can miss something.

Yeah I saw that.

He has a tattoo though.

I thought this thread was about where Mr.Lerner is, but it keeps going into the regurgitation of old sarcasm.

Are there any mods about?

(oh shit, there's one) :winkold:

Followed by a regurgitation by the same response. ;)

And get who?

We have to accept that Mr Leaner is as good as we are going to get.And i'm ok with that.McL looks like a mistake, but its how he deals with that, does he give him time, money or the sack?

Exactly the attitude that kept Ellis in power for 20 years. Why bother looking your never going to find better.

As for the money he has put in, he bought a Premier League club, they are expensive, he knew that when he took over. They are expensive just to stay in the division, let alone compete. If he is not prepared to continue to put money into the club then he needs to sell up.

And get who?

How do you arrive at the £180m figure out of interest?

Based on figures from the accounts up to and including 2009 Randy had spent/invested approx £270m in the club. I imagine that will have increased in the 18 months since

£62.6m on the takeover

£108m in equity

£97m in loans

As for the money he has put in, he bought a Premier League club, they are expensive, he knew that when he took over. They are expensive just to stay in the division, let alone compete. If he is not prepared to continue to put money into the club then he needs to sell up.

The problem is that you need to find someone who is prepared to buy, and prepared to put the money in.

Football clubs used to be sought after, now they are not.

The problem is that you need to find someone who is prepared to buy, and prepared to put the money in.

Football clubs used to be sought after, now they are not.

I agree, it may be difficult, but to just make do, is a dangerous tactic. Mr Lerner has a responsibility to the fans to safeguard Aston Villa. Yes that includes trying to make Villa financially stable, but also to maintain our Premiership status. Something that could be in doubt come May. Keeping on employing poor managers, then trying to prop them up in the expensive Jan transfer market, ultimately only to sack them and have to pay them huge settlements, is no way to run a club.

Trees, has he landed yet ? Can you tell us if the flight is no longer "live"

In theory, yes, it has landed.

I prefer to reveal the destination after it has departed, although I'll only find that out when the aircraft pops up again.

If it is a Villa related visit, there will probably be some kind of publicity, or at least 'local' (to Birmingham) knowledge , but it would be nothing to do with the club changing hands.

Â