The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Rumour is he's going to start spending again

Where did you hear this CI?

It's kind of the word on the street, I'm guessing he's going to be at a few games between now and jan and mcleish is drawing up a wish list for rubber stamping

Randy, king of choosing managers....?

1) Heart problems

2) relegations under his belt, from rivals, anti football.

Other possible choices. Mclaren sacked by forest, Martinez, bottom of league by the end of today.

I'd be worried if McLeish did get sacked... Avram Grant could be likely.

Well, hopefully he's realised what a dreadful mistake hiring McLeish was and rectifies it a.s.a.p.

I think he will be stubborn and keep with him, not wanting to back down again like he has had to over Houllier and McLaren.

I'd worry about his next appointment too. Quite a sickening thought, the guy has NO idea.

Lerner is too stubborn to admit his mistake...he doesn't have the bollocks to sack AMc. He'll happily plod along unless we're in danger of going down...then he'll sign a top striker and then a few months later, sell his entire supply line.....oh....

Was such negative dirge written about Lerner when O'Neill was failing to win in (every) March?

McLeish has a double mess to clear up, and so far he has had a few short months.

I agree that the football is crap, but it's only marginally worse than it was under everyones apparent hero, so we have to give him some time, which the MON fanboys don't appear to want to give him, or any manager for that fact.

Your hero has gone for good. He is now sleeping with another set of supporters. Get over it.

It doesn't have much to do with MON aside from the fact we were looking like a side under him, he resigned and lerner has appointed two clueless managers and sold our best players without replacements.

Negative dirge as you put it was not written about Lerner (apart from criticisms by me actually) under MON because , I would guess, at that time we were actually winning games, scoring goals, giviing the top four a run for their money and challenging for top four. Just a guess, could be wrong

Not bothered about MON - what he did to us was unforgivable - regardless of whatever shenagins were going on between him and Lerner.

Hopefully today's gutless and limited performance will show Randy how far our selling has got us... our once dynamic midfield is at an all time (s)low with no signs of improvement.

Our current star signing will be thinking about Euro 2012 (especially given the draw) and wanting to be in form and banging in the goals.... that's not going to happen in the near future under AMC

Randy's got a tough decision to make, either splash the cash in Jan with AMC to improve the matter, sack AMC and get someone in to improve the matter or do nothing and hope we ride it out..... I think it will be the latter unfortunately. :(

Â