The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I wasn't saying it was the only reason I just think someone should look up those losses to check (I know some of the accounts people love doing this ;) )

I think it is all about the sale now in relation to not taking anymore liabilities in the business sense of the wages and keeping the three year total loss to a minimum to make it more attractive to a new owner so he can spend more money when he comes in

How are we becoming more attractive though? Contracts running out, more teams getting higher prize money a decreasing fan base attending games. What's attractive about that?

If we broke even last year, and are aiming to break even again this year, then someone taking over next summer would (theoretically) be able to pump £81.3m into the playing staff without breaking domestic FFP rules.

If we continued loss making as we had been, they would be unable to put anything into the club, and would likely have to pay a fine.

That doesn't make us attractive, but it does make us a teensy bit less unattractive

WHERES THE MONEY GOING?

I think this question will start to be asked more and more as the season starts. I hope the fans turn against lerner and not lambert even though lambert's the easier option.

Sure, if the only money signing we make this summer is Richardson (which I'm guessing was peanuts) then I think it's time to get the bedsheets out.

Fair enough he wants out and is trying to sell the club, but he needs to keep the club in a state where it can be sold. Without investment, relegation is around the corner and we ain't gunna get sold.

I can't wait for him to go, I really can't.

Far too late, bed sheets needed to come out two years ago. The damage has been done.

• Like 2

If we broke even last year, and are aiming to break even again this year, then someone taking over next summer would (theoretically) be able to pump £81.3m into the playing staff without breaking domestic FFP rules.

If we continued loss making as we had been, they would be unable to put anything into the club, and would likely have to pay a fine.

That doesn't make us attractive, but it does make us a teensy bit less unattractive

But does off set the things I mentioned? Surely having key players contracted to the club for a few years would be attractive to a potential buyer, more revenue through a good league finish, good attendences with a positive happy fan base. Surely all those are going to be areas potential buyers will also look.

IMO Lerner is making us much harder to sell, especially if he is insistent on the reported price he wants for us.

• Like 1

But does off set the things I mentioned? Surely having key players contracted to the club for a few years would be attractive to a potential buyer, more revenue through a good league finish, good attendences with a positive happy fan base. Surely all those are going to be areas potential buyers will also look.

IMO Lerner is making us much harder to sell, especially if he is insistent on the reported price he wants for us.

correct.. no matter what your selling you have to maintain it.. 

if your selling a car you wash it dont you?

its as if rl has just threw a blanket over the stadium,hes not bothered truth be known..out of sight ..out of mind!

But if you go on what's reported, Lerner is flexible on price...I fear the real problem is there is no interest at any reasonable price....

• Like 1

But if you go on what's reported, Lerner is flexible on price...I fear the real problem is there is no interest at any reasonable price....

Which is probably down to the state of the club and that certainly won't improve 12 months down the line.

Yeah, not like we've any decent sales to take advantage of amortization for the books. We need 2 years of break even or profit to toddy things up. Apparently we've already got one under our belt, but we could really do with spending right now

Very little is known about the man because he keeps his life incredibly private - this to me says that making definitive statements about his personality, such as 'he doesn't give a shit' is based on nothing but assumption and is completely pointless.

Bearing in mind what you said about the club being loved by thousands, how does that relate to the situation? What's he doing wrong, in your opinion?

I don't need to know his personality to see he doesn't care. His actions show that. Like I said if you can show me what he's done in the last few years that shows he cares I'll happily debate them with you.

What's he doing wrong? Is that a serious question? You don't think there's anything wrong this summer? Manager not being backed, contracts to key players not being renewed, there's a couple of things to start with.

You have no idea what his actions are, like the rest of us. 

With regards to 'wrong', I was referring to what aspect of him selling the club is upsetting you? The manager may still be backed, contracts may still be signed - it's a bit premature to be slagging him off, no?

How do we have no idea what his actions are? We've all seen what's happened at the club. Unless you're choosing to ignore that.

A bit premature? The season starts in 2 weeks. In terms of what he's doing wrong well that I don't know, but I do know we're not sold yet and I can't see how his actions are making us more attractive or will make us more attractive next summer.

Of course with FFP you can spend more the more you bring in income wise ..so just how much have we lost in Revenue from poor performances on the pitch ?

Macros we have until 2016 but the dafabet deal runs out end of this season.Good luck attracting sponsors to a team as poorly performing as us , of course not having a CEO currently won't help matters either.

We have issues with FFP as we overspent on rubbish players transfers fee's and wages along with paying off managers.FFP may be an issue but Everton and Newcastle don't seem to be doing too badly as example of clubs of similar size to us.

The problem is we are now in a position where the gap between the top clubs in the league and everone else is growing. Our squad needs 50m at least now just to compete but next season it could be double that. Team like Everton and Spurs, once our rivals for the top 6, are now spending 20m+ on one player. We are will become even more unattractive to potential buyers even if we do survive. Lerner needs to realise this or this downward spiral will continue.

Of course with FFP you can spend more the more you bring in income wise ..so just how much have we lost in Revenue from poor performances on the pitch ?

Macros we have until 2016 but the dafabet deal runs out end of this season.Good luck attracting sponsors to a team as poorly performing as us , of course not having a CEO currently won't help matters either.

We have issues with FFP as we overspent on rubbish players transfers fee's and wages along with paying off managers.FFP may be an issue but Everton and Newcastle don't seem to be doing too badly as example of clubs of similar size to us.

I think the best thing for this owner or the next is to sell naming rights.

I think the best thing for this owner or the next is to sell naming rights.
Cant see that helping much.Newcastle tried it and brought in very little and they gave up the idea.

There isn't much left to be proud of but the name......and now some are talking of selling it.

For me the name is sacrosanct and never ever, ever ever should be sold or interfered with.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â