The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If someone wants to buy us then they're going to have to find around £250m as the purchase price.  

Another categorical statement?

Opinion, or fact?

There used to be a mod who jumped on stuff like this :)

If someone wants to buy us then they're going to have to find around £250m as the purchase price.  

Opinion, or fact?

Its obviously his opinion ?

He hasn't said anything that unbelievable has he ? - I would have thought that figure is in the ball park ?

IMO the buck stops with Lerner. MON, Houllier , McLeish and now Lambert have all been stitched up by the board. The problem is Lerner's pockets aren't as deep as they need to be to successfully run a club like Villa. He has clearly lost interest (despite what Faulkner says) and he should sell up.  Using FFP as an excuse is starting to ware thin.

Lerner is a very, very wealthy man - He could easily invest more if he wanted to. The fact that he hasn't been to VP in almost 18 months shows his level of interest in the club. It really would surprise me if he knew our results from one week to the next.

Opinion, or fact?

He hasn't said anything that unbelievable has he ? - I would have thought that figure is in the ball park ?

I suggested the same, presented as the opinion that it was, a few days ago.

The poster here has put himself forward as a definite ITK in the recent past, so when making categorical statements as this and the one earlier, it is not unreasonable to seek confirmation as to whether it is indeed ITK information, or purely an opinion.

IMO the buck stops with Lerner. MON, Houllier , McLeish and now Lambert have all been stitched up by the board. The problem is Lerner's pockets aren't as deep as they need to be to successfully run a club like Villa. He has clearly lost interest (despite what Faulkner says) and he should sell up.  Using FFP as an excuse is starting to ware thin.

Lerner is a very, very wealthy man - He could easily invest more if he wanted to. The fact that he hasn't been to VP in almost 18 months shows his level of interest in the club. It really would surprise me if he knew our results from one week to the next.

But then there is the whisper that his mother won't let him invest more, and that he has had his wrists slapped.

No idea whether that is true, but I am surprised that his detractors haven't used that one more often.

It's 6 months, by the way, but I accept that a time lapse can be exaggerated. I guess that it's too long anyway.

• Like 1

Opinion, or fact?

I suggested the same, presented as the opinion that it was, a few days ago.

The poster here has put himself forward as a definite ITK in the recent past, so when making categorical statements as this and the one earlier, it is not unreasonable to seek confirmation as to whether it is indeed ITK information, or purely an opinion.

Your shout.

But there are very few facts on here - most of it is just opinions. You look at whoose saying it, and how often its said to gauge if its got legs .........{IMO]

But then there is the whisper that his mother won't let him invest more, and that he has had his wrists slapped.

No idea whether that is true, but I am surprised that his detractors haven't used that one more often.

It's 6 months, by the way, but I accept that a time lapse can be exaggerated. I guess that it's too long anyway.

the last home game was at - was Wigan Dec 2012  - as mostly reported - I will use that as my measure.

When was he last at a game? I don't recall him coming this year or last season at any point, I could usually see him and his entourage from my seat.

When was he last at a game? I don't recall him coming this year or last season at any point, I could usually see him and his entourage from my seat.

Widely reported as Wigan Dec 2012.  

Although Lambert did suggest he comes incognito - so is actually there more often than we think - I will go with Dec 2012 !

For a game, not sure. I am 99.9% sure that the incognito thing is bullshit.

Last visits:

5/12/13 full day

24/9/13 full day

6/8/13 to 8/8/13

16/5/13 to 17/5/13

9/5/13 full day

14/3/13 full day

27/12/12 to 31/12/12

I guess that for the last two visits he didn't attend a game.

It looks like something personal is keeping him from staying away too long, but cynics/critics may read that as loss of interest. I'm not sure that if I was a couple of hundred mill into something that I would lose interest, but then I am not a wealthy man....

• Like 1

man city also have this whole development outside going on, which is all sponsored by eitihad, no precedent for it, cant be compared to arsenal's emirates deal etc because its far bigger, their owners can pump just about as much money in to that as the like, will be interesting to see how muddy they cant make the waters with the new york and oz clubs too

Just as a point, the Emirates airline were part of the huge bail out of Dubai by Abu Dhabi.

So, by default, the owners of Man City sponsor Arsenal.

Stick that in your FFP pipe and smoke it!

And psg, Real Madrid, ac Milan, HIV, Olympiacos....

Football is just one massive advert for them, and to be fair it's worked, they'd started growing before but they've gone mental since

For the same reason the notion that they'll one day pull out of city is nonsense, huge advert for them, would be interesting to see if anyone has actually tried quantifying the impact of football purchases / sponsorship on the region

Financial aids?

Must be greek...

man city also have this whole development outside going on, which is all sponsored by eitihad, no precedent for it, cant be compared to arsenal's emirates deal etc because its far bigger, their owners can pump just about as much money in to that as the like, will be interesting to see how muddy they cant make the waters with the new york and oz clubs too

Just as a point, the Emirates airline were part of the huge bail out of Dubai by Abu Dhabi.

So, by default, the owners of Man City sponsor Arsenal.

Stick that in your FFP pipe and smoke it!

Well judging from recent transfers Arsenal are a feeder club for Citehhh anyway.

I'm not so sure, I think if (and when?) it will be 180-200. I think any interested party are waiting for Lerner to give in and accept a lower offer.

Ah yes, now the bullshit really begins

"ive been messaged by someone who works at VP, who wishes to remain anonymous, but he has told me x,y&z"

anyone who believes this sort of post needs their head looking at.

It's a bit of fun, let them keep coming I say

Last visits:

5/12/13 full day

24/9/13 full day

6/8/13 to 8/8/13

16/5/13 to 17/5/13

9/5/13 full day

14/3/13 full day

27/12/12 to 31/12/12

It looks like something personal is keeping him from staying away too long, but cynics/critics may read that as loss of interest. I'm not sure that if I was a couple of hundred mill into something that I would lose interest, but then I am not a wealthy man....

Must be Dec 2012 then. If you are going off plane records for evidence I doubt he'd just fly over from america (7+hr flight), watch a match and then fly back straight away in one day. Is that sort of thing even possible? You'd be destroyed.

Last visits:

5/12/13 full day

24/9/13 full day

6/8/13 to 8/8/13

16/5/13 to 17/5/13

9/5/13 full day

14/3/13 full day

27/12/12 to 31/12/12

Must be Dec 2012 then. If you are going off plane records for evidence I doubt he'd just fly over from america (7+hr flight), watch a match and then fly back straight away in one day. Is that sort of thing even possible? You'd be destroyed.

Most arrivals are before 0800, so 0300 Cleveland time, which would put him leaving there around 2100 local.

For overnight stays departures vary between lunchtime and evening UK time, putting him back in Cleveland no later than 2300 local.

His plane is pretty comfortable, so I doubt that he would be destroyed!

Last visits:

5/12/13 full day

24/9/13 full day

6/8/13 to 8/8/13

16/5/13 to 17/5/13

9/5/13 full day

14/3/13 full day

27/12/12 to 31/12/12

Most arrivals are before 0800, so 0300 Cleveland time, which would put him leaving there around 2100 local.

For overnight stays departures vary between lunchtime and evening UK time, putting him back in Cleveland no later than 2300 local.

How is that 'no more jet talk' working out for you? :)

Last visits:

5/12/13 full day

24/9/13 full day

6/8/13 to 8/8/13

16/5/13 to 17/5/13

9/5/13 full day

14/3/13 full day

27/12/12 to 31/12/12

How is that 'no more jet talk' working out for you? :)

It's the title of the thread that gives it away.

Â