The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If Randy Lerner has put a £250 million price on the club, can't he sell us to this guy? Richest man in China interested in buying Southampton. He has a lot of coins.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588#.Utut_fbFKhc

Local BBC radio in Southampton have tweeted that the story about the Wanda Group buying Southampton is wide of the mark, I think they're supposed to announcing a new Chief Executive tomorrow as well.

@bigadamsport: I'm informed that Cortese-Chinese consortium #saintsfc takeover story is well wide of the mark

Cortese is a businessman. Businessmen move on. If he has sourced a wealthy backer, then he will likely look at a better value option with greater potential.

Everton, Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle all would present better value than Southamption, particularly if the Southampton price is the reported £175m. And that is assuming that Villa are tagged at £250m and Newcastle would go for £350m (I have no idea of the share valuation there).

Everton, of course, if someone would commit to a new stadium, would probably be turned for less than £100m.

Agreed, there is more value around than Southampton, but there is also room for expansion at Southampton due to a lack of competition around. The ground has been built so stands can be added at ease, so it might be a sexy project for them.

To be honest if we had flipping Southampton as another Man City that would be the day i give up on football as a great big joke

Yeah I agree, getting into the top 7/8 would be like getting into the top 4. Randy Lerner was good for first 3 years, but he's not the owner to get Villa where most fans want, competing regularly in the top third of the table.

There is a lot of, we have a big dormant fan base, we've got incredible history, a decent sized stadium and we're the biggest club in the second most populous area of England. Also top class training facilties and youth set up. Think we are a very good prospect for a mega rich billionaire, at the right price.

Edited by VillaRoy
  • Like 2

I don't think this guy has a very good record for being correct, but these rumors just don't seem to want to go away...

We have tonight learned that should all go according to plan #avfc will be sold come the summer

#avfc have been approached in recent weeks by two parties. One consortium consists of a former member of #avfc staff.

Graduate colleague based at Seymour Pierce (London) says colleagues have been in contact with RL regarding legalities of takeover #avfc

Edited by villan_007

I don't think this guy has a very good record for being correct, but these rumors just don't seem to want to go away...

We have tonight learned that should all go according to plan #avfc will be sold come the summer

#avfc have been approached in recent weeks by two parties. One consortium consists of a former member of #avfc staff.

Graduate colleague based at Seymour Pierce (London) says colleagues have been in contact with RL regarding legalities of takeover #avfc

Ahhhh yes, that company that doesn't exist anymore....

• Like 1

Ha really! How long have they not been around for?

If the last paragraph is correct (Seymour Pierce) then they were the advisors to Randy Lerner when he took over, Keith Harris is the who owns the company I believe who helps with takeovers. They contacted VFC during the the takeover by Lerner. We (VFC) had close contact with them before during and after the takeover.

If this is true then something could happen.

Parts of the business have been bought by other firms.  It doesn't look like it trades in its own name any more, which would rather suggest, if any further proof was needed, that the above is a complete load of cobblers.  It's just people believing what they want to believe.

• Like 2

Parts of the business have been bought by other firms.  It doesn't look like it trades in its own name any more, which would rather suggest, if any further proof was needed, that the above is a complete load of cobblers.  It's just people believing what they want to believe.

Maybe I spoke too soon. Research suggests it was a pre-pack administration so most of the business as a going concern went to Cantor. What's left of Seymour Pierce or whether Cantor kept the name for that part of the business I have no idea but it's impossible to find any news on Seymour Pierce.

Either way, the story looks untrue. Where did you find it incidentally?

Risso's deduction & conclusion is spot on on this one. End of.

Â