The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Worst owner in the league IMO. Would even rather have Vincent Tam in charge. Even he could persuade a manager with experience only in Norway to take the job.

It was probably the £2M/year + £2M bonus as well as better timing which convinced him it was worth the move. If all things were equal...Villa + Lerner outcompetes Cardiff + Tan every time.

Let's get the £ signs out to welcome him back.

The £ signs were for a chairmen who never actually released any money, so not quite appropriate for the present chairman.

For something more appropriate, perhaps we could all wear face masks of Martin O'Neill, to remind Mr.Lerner of how foolhardy he was.

Worst owner in the league IMO. Would even rather have Vincent Tam in charge. Even he could persuade a manager with experience only in Norway to take the job.

It was probably the £2M/year + £2M bonus as well as better timing which convinced him it was worth the move. If all things were equal...Villa + Lerner outcompetes Cardiff + Tan every time.

You're probably right but I've never forgive him for Mcleish and never well. He made a mess of Browns which he luckily for them sold in the end. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before he sells us to.

The £ signs were for a chairmen who never actually released any money, so not quite appropriate for the present chairman.

For something more appropriate, perhaps we could all wear face masks of Martin O'Neill, to remind Mr.Lerner of how foolhardy he was.

Fair enough but does anyone know what Lerners net spend is overall now? It can't be that high considering premier league clubs have never been receiving as much tv money as they do now.

We need investment for quality players and to start financially competing with the clubs we should be, not watching southampton, Swansea, Everton and clubs of that level completely destroy us with the contracts and fees they can pay out.

Or the Lerner out signs. He is destroying our club. Even deadly wouldn't let it go this far.
Cool! You two get the £/Lerner Out signs printed and handed out then. Look forward to seeing how your planned protest gets on :thumb:

Yes we all know it would be counter productive to the team. We're all just frustrated and helpless :(

Or the Lerner out signs. He is destroying our club. Even deadly wouldn't let it go this far.
Cool! You two get the £/Lerner Out signs printed and handed out then. Look forward to seeing how your planned protest gets on :thumb:

We can exchange, I'll give you one and you can hand me a Lambert out poster.

Have we got to the point that unless you're prepared to form a protest group you can't post an opinion on a message board?

We can exchange, I'll give you one and you can hand me a Lambert out poster.

Have we got to the point that unless you're prepared to form a protest group you can't post an opinion on a message board?

John, you're the most vociferous on here and I reckon you've posted literally hundreds of times in this thread. Now you're talking about welcoming him with £ signs. Well, I ask - why don't you do it then? You're expending so much energy on hating the man that I think your energies would be better spent attempting to do something more constructive. What's the point in posting the same things over and over again. People know your opinions by now.

As you might have seen recently, I don't like Lambert all that much, but you won't find a plethora of my posts, over several months (if not more than a year) calling for his head and spouting non- stop vitriol.

You'll also see that, ultimately, I couldn't really give a toss. I posted as much recently and that post stating my indifference can be found quite easily.

When Randy bought Villa we were like a new puppy. He bought new things for us to play with, played with us every day, took us for long walks. He really loved us.

A few years on we're not as cute as we used to be. He's lost intrest. He hires people we don't like to walk us. Does the bare minimum like feeding us (and only now it's the cheapest supermarket own brand that keeps us going rather than anything we would enjoy) to cleaning up our shit.

I hope he gives us away soon to someone who will love us again, and I don't mean to some glamour model who buy us golden collar and keep us in her hand bag...someone who will play with us again and take us for walks...before we need to get put down.

• Like 1

When Randy bought Villa we were like a new puppy. He bought new things for us to play with, played with us every day, took us for long walks. He really loved us.

A few years on we're not as cute as we used to be. He's lost intrest. He hires people we don't like to walk us. Does the bare minimum like feeding us (and only now it's the cheapest supermarket own brand that keeps us going rather than anything we would enjoy) to cleaning up our shit.

I hope he gives us away soon to someone who will love us again, and I don't mean to some glamour model who buy us golden collar and keep us in her hand bag...someone who will play with us again and take us for walks...before we need to get put down.

Randy Lerner is Paris Hilton and Aston Villa is Tinkerbell

Arsenal game is a strange one to attend as we will probably get best by 2-3 goals. Wonder what he is really over for. Must be transfer business my guess,?

He doesn't involve himself in transfer business, he has Faulkner and Lambert to take care of that.

Arsenal game is a weekday one. There was talk that he couldn't leave the US at the weekend owing to access to his kids, since his divorce.

But, as a man who doesn't talk much, or engage with the supporters, he doesn't make excuses either, so I have no idea whether that is true.

He was here on the day of a midweek game earlier in the season, but actually left BHX at kick off time!

So likely to be one of his routine visits which, if he comes, he may tag a game onto.

Yeah I think Randy needs to feel some heat. This is bullshit as the Americans say.

Agree - He doesn't like the limelight so if his name got dragged through the mud in the media...who knows

Don't know about his net spend - but the fee's paid for the team we put out v swansea was around £6m - Barley enough for 1 player.....

like us all, i'm frustrated with results, but i must admit, i think randy is actually a better owner than many out there...

he hasn't saddled us with debt, he hasn't made us play in new colours or change our name, we're still in the premier league, in fact, in aggregate terms, he's put his money where his mouth is since he bought the club - i suspect his net spend on the club (particularly if you compare it to his net worth) is actually far higher than most would give him credit for...

in fairness to him, he doesn't know about football, but has had the grace to put people in place to run with that side of things. now, they may have been the wrong persons, and may have gotten us into a period of financial strife, but randy hasn't pulled the plug on us and panic sold the club...

when i look at the owners destroying clubs around the league today, my heart goes out to their fans....

here's another way of looking at it... if randy were to up sticks and sell - what do you think the commitment of a new owner would need to be?

i guess it would comprise the purchase fee to make randy whole, investment in players over say the next three years, infrastructure improvements, ability to cover substantial losses each year...

the question then is where do you see that purchaser coming from and why would they buy a club like the villa? the UK, asia, the middle east, india?

Yeah I think Randy needs to feel some heat. This is bullshit as the Americans say.

Agree - He doesn't like the limelight so if his name got dragged through the mud in the media...who knows

Don't know about his net spend - but the fee's paid for the team we put out v swansea was around £6m - Barley enough for 1 player.....

Unless I've misunderstood, that can't be right can it?

Â