Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Was about to ask the question how Everton could afford the wages of two players on such high wages but then i suppose the fee they got for Fellaini would answer it and there's no reason why they couldn't purchase both players at the end of the season.

Hopefully when Benteke leaves we'll be in the same position to strengthen?

Christ we've sold a ton of talent for top money these last few seasons and still we can't afford the wages of an experience head or two!

Probably because we've also wasted a lot of money on big wages for mediocre players over the past few seasons. Even now we've got one of the highest paid backup keepers in the world.

Not having a dig - but are you waiting for time when all players on big wages are making an impact at first team level ?

That to me is the hallmark of a small club. There are always some wages you have to carry 

I think the goal is to have wages correlating with importance to the team. Even now and especially last season this was almost reversed.

after 9 games people are talking about relegation :rolleyes:

I remember posts like these last season.

Who turned out right?

So because we were in a relegation battle last season that means we'll be in one this season?

Strange logic. Fact is we've got more points than we had at this stage last season and that's with a much much harder fixture list and an injury to our most important player.

car crash of a defence. we have conceded only 12 goals all season and played 6 of the top 8 already

That's still makes it one of the worst defences in the league!

Good god, wake up!

You won't acknowledge the standard of opposition.

car crash of a defence. we have conceded only 12 goals all season and played 6 of the top 8 already

Good god, wake up!

conceded same a manchester united. we are joint 11th worst defence. nowhere near the worst. interestingly a player you recommended is struggling to get in the team with the worst defence 

Edited by Zatman

Good god, wake up!

Actually, there are 5 worse than ours and 2 that are the same. When you take into account the kind of teams we've faced that's not too bad.

Who turned out right?

So because we were in a relegation battle last season that means we'll be in one this season?

Strange logic. Fact is we've got more points than we had at this stage last season and that's with a much much harder fixture list and an injury to our most important player.

Weve only got ten points and that's a plus?We are averaging a point a game,38 points total come the end of the year.is that relegation form?

[

Weve only got ten points and that's a plus?We are averaging a point a game,38 points total come the end of the year.is that relegation form?

You won't acknowledge the amount of top 7 sides we've faced either then? Things are about to get a bit easier.

Who turned out right?

Actually we're averaging 1.11 points a game but when you consider the opposition we've faced it really isn't that bad.

I don't know what's so hard to get about this - we've had one of the toughest starts ever.

Edited by Mantis

Good god, wake up!

Actually, there are 5 worse than ours and 2 that are the same. When you take into account the kind of teams we've faced that's not too bad.

We have to face the same teams as everybody else,and I see us coming off worse than most,we went to Hull and drew,a result some people were praising as a good point,it was two points lost.Cant afford to lose points to teams like Hull Cardiff and even palace.

At the same rate we'd be going for about 42-43 points, not 38, which is about where we are supposed to be, based on the quality of the team and will very likely be enough to avoid relegation. Chill, it's cool. 

Good god, wake up!

You won't acknowledge the standard of opposition.

I will - they are mostly premier league clubs ! 

• Like 1

Who turned out right?

Actually we're averaging 1.11 points a game but when you consider the opposition we've faced it really isn't that bad.

I don't know what's so hard to get about this - we've had one of the toughest starts ever.

Was Hull part of the tougher start?Was a point at Hull a good result for you,or should I say a good 1.11.

Good god, wake up!

We have to face the same teams as everybody else,and I see us coming off worse than most,we went to Hull and drew,a result some people were praising as a good point,it was two points lost.Cant afford to lose points to teams like Hull Cardiff and even palace.

That's exactly the point. We will have to face the same teams as everybody else eventually but at this moment in time most teams haven't faced many of the top teams as we have.

Drawing with Hull away (and getting a clean sheet) isn't that bad, not at this stage of the season.

Good god, wake up!

It is a good point. Not many teams will go to Hull and win this season.

Edited by StefanAVFC