Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You and me both. My 16 year old son sees almost as a punishment to go and watch the shit we are served up at Villa Park at every home game. I dread what will happen at most games these days and I rarely bother to watch / listen to away games as I am virtually guaranteed disappointment.

I watched the Bradford game on Tuesday little believing we could be comprehensively turned over by a League 2 side but hang on this is Aston Villa now securely placed in the media as the laughing stock and whipping boys of the Premiership. Has anyone seen the joke doing the rounds on Twitter? Beef stock, chicken stock and laughing stock with the Villa badge next to it. That's how far we have fallen.

I'm sick to death with most things Villa these days and I'm sick of work colleagues taking the piss. I don't bother with a programme now, we spend next to nothing on merchandise and very little on food and drink at the games. Why..I just haven't got the heart anymore. Its just so so depressing.

Funnily enough I don't blame Lambert. I think, as I said in a previous post, that he has made some bad calls selection and formation wise but the root cause is the fundamental mismanagement of the club by our owner.

To think that not long after MON was appointed he was held up as the model owner. He knows **** all about football and even less about Aston Villa. Seemingly he now expects the earth with the pile of shit that apparently are the professional footballers who play for our club. Where we find ourselves today is the product of the comprehensive mis management of the club since the very first day he became the owner.

Trust me without investment we will be relegated, the club already has the smell of death around it.

Know exactly how you feel Harry... The fun has gone eh? It's now all about embarrassment, disappointment, false hope & shock at the depths we have sunken to so quickly.

When Mon was here & we were doing okayish i got us a new supporter.. a young lad who had just moved here from abroad, loved his football & he became a fan & told him about how this great club was on the up again & the sleeping giant was about to awaken etc etc... Now i can't even bear to speak to him about it all!.. What on Earth am i supposed to say?!..

- I think he left Norwich because he felt that he had taken them as far as he could and that longer term we were the better bet

- Watch SSN if you want to see PL talking about the financial pressure he is under

- I don't think he has been lied to, but i do think that the existing squad didn't live up to expectations and he needs a little more than he first thought

- He bought Benteke thinking he could play alongside Bent but Bent didn't live up to the billing

- Lerner has not lost faith and there is no chance of Lambert being sacked

- There are no siginings because we have gone to our first choices and they all want too much money (Sissoko's agent for example has asked for £75k a week - fact). They are playing poker now waiting to see who will crack first. Us if results keep going the way they are, them if no other clubs come in for them. If we can't do a deal then we will go to our second or third choice options but that will be later in the window

'VillaCas' you might very well be right in your assumptions and rather than continually going around in circles as I believe no one really knows the truth of the matter other than Lambert and the board I would just rather congratulate you on your excellent defense of your position even though some statistics may suggest otherwise.

You mean when he stopped having endless cash?

Yeah he seems to be really struggling for money right now. How much did he sell that team he inherited for?

And even if he is how does that relate to him letting the wage bill spiral out of control and hiring two awful managers?

Your blind defence of him is seriously outdated, you need to read what people are saying and have a look at the current state of our club and maybe come up with some new material to defend him. It will be difficult though because not sure how any sane person could do that without ignoring pretty much every aspect of our football club and Randy's whole career as a sports team owner so far.

Good luck though.

You and me both. My 16 year old son sees almost as a punishment to go and watch the shit we are served up at Villa Park at every home game. I dread what will happen at most games these days and I rarely bother to watch / listen to away games as I am virtually guaranteed disappointment.

I watched the Bradford game on Tuesday little believing we could be comprehensively turned over by a League 2 side but hang on this is Aston Villa now securely placed in the media as the laughing stock and whipping boys of the Premiership. Has anyone seen the joke doing the rounds on Twitter? Beef stock, chicken stock and laughing stock with the Villa badge next to it. That's how far we have fallen.

I'm sick to death with most things Villa these days and I'm sick of work colleagues taking the piss. I don't bother with a programme now, we spend next to nothing on merchandise and very little on food and drink at the games. Why..I just haven't got the heart anymore. Its just so so depressing.

Funnily enough I don't blame Lambert. I think, as I said in a previous post, that he has made some bad calls selection and formation wise but the root cause is the fundamental mismanagement of the club by our owner.

To think that not long after MON was appointed he was held up as the model owner. He knows **** all about football and even less about Aston Villa. Seemingly he now expects the earth with the pile of shit that apparently are the professional footballers who play for our club. Where we find ourselves today is the product of the comprehensive mis management of the club since the very first day he became the owner.

Trust me without investment we will be relegated, the club already has the smell of death around it.

Harry

This is not an attempt to unconditionally defend Lerner, but there is something that sits uncomfortable with me.

I am of the opinion that there are some fundamental management issues under Lerner, poor communication, a kinda disrespect of any explanation when things are going wrong/ any discontent.

There appears to be an abondonment of overall discipline at the club in the same way that HDE commanded/demanded it.

However, There are many managers who have had far less money to spend than the villa park incumbents and have made a better fist of it.

I believe we have had a poor return from the money we have spent, despite various approachs being adopted....we seem to have gone from "freeloading" "meal ticket" merchants to school boy's caught in the headlights.

We have had Managers in the past who have made a much better recruitment campaign on modest funds.

In summary I thinks its been a bit of a "buggers muddle" with so many in decision making positions making poor ones. If there is any doubt what so ever about our plight,the futile attempts to make any kind of comments on the recent performances is there for all to see.... just about the biggest duffer on the terraces could make a better attempt of an after match analysis.

It is all very worrying.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

One positive, amongst all the negativity, is at least Lambert has come out and said he needs a new centre back and central midfielder who has a bit of strength.

They do seem to be our two weakest positions (with left back).

I'm just waiting for Hulk Hogan and Geoff Capes to turn up at Bodymoor Heath!

Found this earlier http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/370270/Paul-Lambert-shops-for-bargains/

Sorry but I am using my mobile and couldn't find how to do short links.

Seems like two cheap players (max of £5m to spend) is the very maximum we will be getting this window, unless someone buys our cast-offs!

If this really is how bad it is, I personally cannot see us having much to spend in the summer either.

I still see it popping up in threads, apart from last season claiming that the aim was Europe, what has this guy actually done wrong?

I think Faulkner has been the scapegoat for a lot of things over the last 2/3 years, that ultimately have been Lerner's decisions.

Well, if we overcome Bradford, he has a 50/50 chance of his prediction coming true.

What he failed to add to his statement was we'd be in The Championship while trying to achieve this goal.

He doesn't have a clue, nor does Lerner or anyone else running this club. That's the bottom line.

• Like 1

Well, if we overcome Bradford, he has a 50/50 chance of his prediction coming true.

What he failed to add to his statement was we'd be in The Championship while trying to achieve this goal.

He doesn't have a clue, nor does Lerner or anyone else running this club. That's the bottom line.

This is exactly it, what evidence have you got that he doesn't have a clue?

This is exactly it, what evidence have you got that he doesn't have a clue?

Do you really need it pointing out??

I'm lead to believe he's advising Lerner and if that is the case then the appointment and abject failure of Mcleish should be enough from him to leave his post. The clearest possible proof that 2 of the people making key decisions at this club have no Football knowledge and they are out of touch with the supporters.

Do you really need it pointing out??

I'm lead to believe he's advising Lerner and if that is the case then the appointment and abject failure of Mcleish should be enough from him to leave his post. The clearest possible proof that 2 of the people making key decisions at this club have no Football knowledge and they are out of touch with the supporters.

"I'm lead to believe" By who?

Lerner's the main man, Faulkner's his right hand man - why's it all Faulkner's fault?

Faulkner is CEO and carries the can for this shambles.

In any other business he'd have been fired, clueless clearing in the woods.

So does the fact that he hasn't been fired maybe show you that the decision making isn't all done by him?

Jeez, the impassioned views of the great uninformed........ PF is an administrator......... no one KNOWS exactly what influence he has. It just APPEARS that he does what he is told to me, he is an employee no more. RL is set upon running the club his way, that is without any football experience at a high level.

As has been pointed out elsewhere PFs role of increasing revenue streams and modernising things off the pitch have been very successful but any company of our size for proper corporate governance needs to have a properly constructed board of directors and NEDs to ensure a healthy input of experience and ideas. RL does it his way with PF and Robin whats his face dealing with their 'boss'

It is all down to Lerner I'm afraid