Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I really hope Lambert shuts up his detractors with a win tonight, and we push on in the league.

he really needs to start improving his 17% win ratio. Its pathetic by anyones standards

Houllier played possession football with no real intent. He also destroyed anything good about the squad MON had left him.

Any spirit went, we were actually embarrassing to watch once going behind and it took him over 20 games to realise Ashley Young should be played out wide. It also speaks volumes about the man that when he was incapable of having any contact with the team we went and got our two best results of the season. Oh and houllier, knowing full well he was not fit enough to continue the job went and did what he could do ensure he got money out of us. Yet no one seems to mind that.

Houllier played possession football with no real intent. He also destroyed anything good about the squad MON had left him.

Any spirit went, we were actually embarrassing to watch once going behind and it took him over 20 games to realise Ashley Young should be played out wide. It also speaks volumes about the man that when he was incapable of having any contact with the team we went and got our two best results of the season. Oh and houllier, knowing full well he was not fit enough to continue the job went and did what he could do ensure he got money out of us. Yet no one seems to mind that.

The biggest problem Villa had was replacing Houllier and McCallister with McLeish and Grant. Houllier was trying something different that was slowly starting to take shape. McLeish destroyed everything with his ultra defensive approach. The worrying thing about Lambert is that i cant see what he is trying to do. We seem to just run around a lot mainly without the ball and get tired after an hour or so and then capitulate in the final third of matches. He seems to make excuse after excuse and takes little blame for his own short comings. He strikes me as a man that has alreday run out of ideas, not that he had many to start with. Tactically he is very naive.

The biggest problem Villa had was replacing Houllier and McCallister with McLeish and Grant. Houllier was trying something different that was slowly starting to take shape. McLeish destroyed everything with his ultra defensive approach. The worrying thing about Lambert is that i cant see what he is trying to do. We seem to just run around a lot mainly without the ball and get tired after an hour or so and then capitulate in the final third of matches. He seems to make excuse after excuse and takes little blame for his own short comings. He strikes me as a man that has alreday run out of ideas, not that he had many to start with. Tactically he is very naive.

tactically naive? i agree we've lost a lot but i don't hink it's been through being tactically naive, i wouldn't expect someone who did his coaching qualifications in germany after playing under hitzfeld to be all that naive to be honest. doesn't look like he's run otu of ideas to me, he's been trying plenty out and has prob played more diff systems with diff personel than AM did in a year.

i think it's a bit odd you can't see what he's trying to do either, obviously that depends on the system and the opposition too but generally he's trying to get us to be more positive, hold the ball better, press high up the pitch with better movement on and off the ball. that's what i can see as changes in approach from last year in general terms anyway. when we play narrow it's resulted in higher possession for us and a bit less bite, more recently we've gone more direct (that's not to say long, just looking for a vertical through ball sooner) and tried to use benteke by getting him in one-on-one situations or running in behind.

even though we only have 9 points i see plenty of positives in terms of approach. i'm sure we'll click soon.

tactically naive? i agree we've lost a lot but i don't hink it's been through being tactically naive, i wouldn't expect someone who did his coaching qualifications in germany after playing under hitzfeld to be all that naive to be honest. doesn't look like he's run otu of ideas to me, he's been trying plenty out and has prob played more diff systems with diff personel than AM did in a year.

i think it's a bit odd you can't see what he's trying to do either, obviously that depends on the system and the opposition too but generally he's trying to get us to be more positive, hold the ball better, press high up the pitch with better movement on and off the ball. that's what i can see as changes in approach from last year in general terms anyway. when we play narrow it's resulted in higher possession for us and a bit less bite, more recently we've gone more direct (that's not to say long, just looking for a vertical through ball sooner) and tried to use benteke by getting him in one-on-one situations or running in behind.

even though we only have 9 points i see plenty of positives in terms of approach. i'm sure we'll click soon.

I disagree, possesion wise we have been terrible. Teams have often had 60% possesion against us, the mighty Swindon Town had 67%.

The defending at times is embarrasing

Yep so do i and the hostility against him was due to what he did concerning Liverpool.

No it wasn't. Some of it was but there was a lot more to it than that. I liked Houllier but even I can admit it was based on a number of other things, style of play being one of them.

No it wasn't. Some of it was but there was a lot more to it than that. I liked Houllier but even I can admit it was based on a number of other things, style of play being one of them.

I'm afraid yet again you are wrong. The hostility against him (and please look up the meaning of the word) was due to what he did concerning Liverpool. We're not talking about 'style of play' we're talking about the HOSTILTY!! Now do you understand that or is there something else i can do to help you?

My god I actually agree with you on something! Bang on.

I'm afraid yet again you are wrong. The hostility against him (and please look up the meaning of the word) was due to what he did concerning Liverpool. We're not talking about 'style of play' we're talking about the HOSTILTY!! Now do you understand that or is there something else i can do to help you?

To be hostile just means to be unfriendly or in opposition, which many were to Houllier for reasons other than the Liverpool game. So no, not wrong again.

Hang on a minute, I seem to recall you being very critical of Houllier for a number of reasons other than the Liverpool game, so how come you're saying that sums it up?

Because he will say ANYTHING to have an argument.