Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No I don't.

But I've seen the accounts, and they're dire.

And we can glean from the cutbacks we've seen over the past few seasons that Lerner's gamble of throwing money at MON and banking on us getting Champions League (and therefore higher revenue to counter the spending) has failed, and he's realised that and is steadying the ship.

I'm not saying we can't spend. What I'm saying is we have to spend LESS and more sensibly.

You might not agree with lambert's signings, and maybe you're right and most of them are flops (that's another debate), but the shift in spending tactics is undeniable. We're spending a (relatively) modest transfer budget and keeping the wages low, for now. We're also investing in younger players and foreign players with the intent that we can sell them for more in the future as their value goes up. As depressing as that last point is, I've no doubt it's a factor after MON's purchasing of players on large wages (some of them very good) a lot of whom have little or no resale value.

I don't think Lerner has given the order of "buy a player we can make a profit on". But I think buying players who, if they fail here, won't sit around on 5 year contracts at 60 grand a week happy to pick up a pay cheque. They'll be out the door eager to play or wanted by other clubs if they don't (or even if they do) succeed here.

We could not continue to spend what martin o'Neill was spending, on wages if nothing else. Blame MON, blame Lerner, it doesn't matter. The fact is if we keep spending those wages the club will be a downward spiral financially. The cutbacks that have happened were necessary, unless Lerner is to keep us afloat by ploughing in his own money to pay the debt we're racking up.

Harry Redknapp is one of the last managers you'd want in that scenario IN MY OPINION.

As I said, his success is based on a shotgun approach to transfers. he spends lots of money on lots of players. Some are great, others are shite.

When he's got a large budget and kept on a tight leash, like Levy did, it can be very successful.

But we have neither the budget, or the tight leash (if people like Risso are to be believed regarding Lerner) to do accommodate a manager like Redknapp.

Cracking post even though i don't agree with some of it.

I don't expect Redknapp to be allowed to spend in the way MON did and i don't think he would expect it either as the financial situation around the world has changed. What i would expect from him however is to be able to attract the better player to our club. Generally speaking, Redknapp buys players who have a bit about them, technically i mean. Good footballers and if given a budget of say 20m, plus player sales i think he would turn us around and move us up the table fairly quickly while still being able to keep the wage issue in check.

Would he come under those constraints? Yep i think he would if QPR keep Hughes and he is given enough money to manovre in the transfer market.

When you take it to its simplest conclusion, we're not successful because we don't get enough people watching the games or buying merchandise. Spurs can charge massive fees for season and match tickets where we struggle to fill the ground at any time. When the season tickets started creeping up, even when we were doing well under O'Neill, everyone was moaning. Success breeds support, but support breeds success. We just don't make enough money I'm afraid.

When you take it to its simplest conclusion, we're not successful because we don't get enough people watching the games or buying merchandise. Spurs can charge massive fees for season and match tickets where we struggle to fill the ground at any time. When the season tickets started creeping up, even when we were doing well under O'Neill, everyone was moaning. Success breeds support, but support breeds success. We just don't make enough money I'm afraid.

That's the crux of it.

Some still blame Randy for that but it's nobody's fault really. We just don't have the support and location that other clubs do.

We make enough money to not have to worry about relegation.

no we dont. we make less than most of the other clubs in the league in terms of revenue. If we go down I would actually fear going the way of sha

no we dont. we make less than most of the other clubs in the league in terms of revenue. If we go down I would actually fear going the way of sha

Simply not true. In 2010/11 we had a turnover of 92 million the 7th highest in the Premier League behind Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City but ahead of similar sized clubs in Everton , Newcastle, Sunderland and way ahead of the likes of Stoke, Wigan, West Brom etc.