Paul Lambert

Pilchard

But Houllier did with better players so whats your point? Being in bottom 3 at this stage means nothing at this stage, as it does about WBA being in top 4. You do remember us being 3rd under MON right where did we finish? Your Harry has also been relegated lets not forget when he was heralded as the saviour for Southampton.

You really are the most negative poster on here - I'd hate to live in your world

Are you really suggesting Redknapp as a Villa manager!!!!!!!!!!

redknapp if we havent improved would be my shout in january. get a decent manager and back him properly, I just cant see Lambert achieving anything. He is way out of his depth and his plan of packing the yeam with young and hungry players just isnt working. the experienced players from feyenoord he signed have been pretty poor too. I said Lambert was a poor choice before he appionted and 9 points from 12 games is embarrasing.

When we beat United on Saturday, we kicked off with 3, just 3, of Lamberts signings and one of them was our keeper!

The man is a great man manager and motivator, he just doesn't do defending.

I don't know why it hasn't 'clicked' for you but talk of sacking must be premature.

You cannot blame Redknapp for Pienaar being injured most of the time while he was at Spuds!

He actually signed a 40 year old keeper on a free who has been excellent for them and the very keeper we got rid of being replaced by Given on how long a contract?

Yes i'm judging Lambert on one window because his signings have seen us drop into the relegation zone something which Mcleish couldn't achieve.

When Walker was sent to us on loan he had an immediate impact and you'll excuse me if i don't take your comparison with Bennet in particular too seriously.

No one knows after re-building the first team at Spuds and qualifying for the Champions League why he was let go. The situation at Portsmouth can not be blamed on Redknapp as he was given the money to spend and i seem to remember he did manage to win the F.A Cup with Portsmouth in 2008.

I simply don't know what was happing at board level at Southampton?

When was Walker brought and when was he sent to us !!Coz is sure as shit wasn't as soon as he came from a lower league club.

Pienaar injured or not Redknapp brought didnt work out and was sold back..it wasn't a successful transfer what ever way you want to pitch it.

Do I agree with Givens contract but it still only goes to the Age Fridel is now so long term it looked better option for continuity.Ultimately Spurs got Friedal and just spent £10mil or so on a keeper to replace him long term.Friedel was a short term solution for them we looked longer term.

He was let go from Spurs as long term they didn't seem him moving the club on..simples.As for Pompey he spent massively and won them the cup fair do's but it wasn't sustainable and look where they are now.So you don't know what was happening at Board level at Soton but it was obviously something because lord knows saint Harry couldn't possible of **** them up alone...

Hippo interested to know who PF wanted then if not PL.Surprises me because from what I have read PF likes PL and his plans.

When we beat United on Saturday, we kicked off with 3, just 3, of Lamberts signings and one of them was our keeper!

I don't know why it hasn't 'clicked' for you but talk of sacking must be premature.

Talk about clutching at straws, you only started with 3 of his signings, so now your not classing Holt or Hoolahan as his players though he kept them in league 1 to the Premier League, honestly your fans are seriously clutching at straws and have short memories.

• Like 1

He was let go from Spurs as long term they didn't seem him moving the club on..simples.As for Pompey he spent massively and won them the cup fair do's but it wasn't sustainable and look where they are now.So you don't know what was happening at Board level at Soton but it was obviously something because lord knows saint Harry couldn't possible of **** them up alone...

He was let go because he had no tactical acumen whatsoever. He inherited and subsequently assembled a superb squad which was as good as Arsenal's and maybe Utd's, but he couldn't compete with them without spending more and more money.

We've been down this road with O'Neill and it's quite clear that Lerner wants the club to grow again sustainably - and rightly so; he's had is fingers badly burned.

Sustainable growth and Harry Redknapp do not go hand in hand.

Throw money at a roll of the dice, high risk CL challenge and Harry - perfect match. He'll be long gone when we have to pick up the pieces again.

• Like 1

He was let go because he had no tactical acumen whatsoever. He inherited and subsequently assembled a superb squad which was as good as Arsenal's and maybe Utd's, but he couldn't compete with them without spending more and more money.

We've been down this road with O'Neill and it's quite clear that Lerner wants the club to grow again sustainably - and rightly so; he's had is fingers badly burned.

Throw money at a roll of the dice, high risk CL challenge and Harry - perfect match. He'll be long gone when we have to pick up the pieces again.

Exactly.

We are not in a position where Harry Redknapp is a viable option.

He's succeeded by the players he's bought. He's admitted as much himself.

But even then, he has a shotgun approach to transfers. For every great signign there's 2 or 3 others who never make it.

This was really evident at Pompey, where I suspect he had a bit more control over the transfers than he did at Spurs.

He would be a very poor match for this club right now.

And I haven't even mentioned how much of a **** word removed he is (ok, I have now ;) )

I think you'll find Spurs were in far better position financially under Redknapp than we were under O'Neill, and we've been paying for it ever since.

• Like 1

Im all for the long term rebuilding with young hungry players (maybe not from league 1 thou) since we seem to have limited funds, it's the only way to go. But to do a total rebuilding from 1 season to the next and hope that all the young players can handle PL-football is just suicidal and very naive from Lambert.

It's just as stupid as Lerner pulling the handbreake and selling all our midfielders and still expecting results on the pitch and no decrease in attendence at home games.

We don't have an academy like Barcelona, or a successfull scouting network and it's not like we're signing the very best young talent in the world. Westwood, Lowton and Bennet are 22/23, thats not even that young anymore.

I just don't see how this is gonna work, it wouldn't even work on Football Manager.

But they have largely the same reason for success. Spending.

So if we've got the same chairman as we had with MON, surely if we had Redknapp we'd be in exactly the same position as we were in with MON. Spending money we don't have?

Which would be suicide given our finances

It's quite moronic to say the least.

Hell of a post!

Im all for the long term rebuilding with young hungry players (maybe not from league 1 thou) since we seem to have limited funds, it's the only way to go. But to do a total rebuilding from 1 season to the next and hope that all the young players can handle PL-football is just suicidal and very naive from Lambert.

It's just as stupid as Lerner pulling the handbreake and selling all our midfielders and still expecting results on the pitch and no decrease in attendence at home games.

We don't have an academy like Barcelona, or a successfull scouting network and it's not like we're signing the very best young talent in the world. Westwood, Lowton and Bennet are 22/23, thats not even that young anymore.

I just don't see how this is gonna work, it wouldn't even work on Football Manager.

It does if done properly and you have the understanding and backing of the board. ;)

But they have largely the same reason for success. Spending.

So if we've got the same chairman as we had with MON, surely if we had Redknapp we'd be in exactly the same position as we were in with MON. Spending money we don't have?

Which would be suicide given our finances

Do you know how much money is available? Lambert has already admitted that he hasn't even spent all of his summer transfer budget yet. If we don't spend then how do we achieve success. I mean i'm all for promoting from within if our younger player are good enough but they're not. So how do we become successful again if we can't spend?

What utter rubbish!! He couldn't compete with them yet he took Spuds from the bottom half of the table into a Champion's League place and the last time i looked finishing in the top four is actually competing with the likes of Arsenal and Man U.

Do you know how much money is available? If we don't spend then how do we achieve success. I mean i'm all for promoting from within if our younger player are good enough but they're not. So how do we become successful again if we can't spend?

Well you and the others will see if you acyually give Lambert the time to show you and not just after 12, 17 or 19 or however many games to do it. it is going to take a couple of seasons atleast!

Talk about clutching at straws, you only started with 3 of his signings, so now your not classing Holt or Hoolahan as his players though he kept them in league 1 to the Premier League, honestly your fans are seriously clutching at straws and have short memories.

He didn't sign them.........fact............both were signed by previous managers.