Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The main criticism I have is the approach he has taken to some experienced players like Ireland and Bent. We are struggling to score goals and pickup points and it is the managers responsibility to utilise a system that plays to the strengths of our best players. Bent is a goal poacher who IMO must play. Other managers at other clubs have played systems and got results with him in their team. I struggle with the love-in for Gabby.

I dont get it with Gabbys involvement, a guy who hasn't scored 1 premership goal in 28 or something games and having a player on the bench who basically kept us up last year with his goals at the start of the season. I think Lamberts judgement is poor here. If he wants someone with pace who does nothing else he might as well put Usain Bolt on. Think about it guys, no other permership team would settle for that record.

I dont get it with Gabbys involvement, a guy who hasn't scored 1 premership goal in 28 or something games and having a player on the bench who basically kept us up last year with his goals at the start of the season. I think Lamberts judgement is poor here. If he wants someone with pace who does nothing else he might as well put Usain Bolt on. Think about it guys, no other permership team would settle for that record.

Exactly. It's not even as if we need him as a target man as Benteke was outstanding on Saturday at holding up the ball. If anything Gabby is an impact player to come on when teams are knackered. We need to start playing a 442 with Herd as a DM and Ireland, Holma and one of Bannan, KEA or CNZ as the 4th midfielder. Delph and Albrighton wouldn't get into any other PL midfield but seem to be Lamberts 1st choice, which is depressing.

So, this gameweek we had the lowest passing percentage of all teams with 66%. Second lowest was Reading with 69%.

222 out of 334 passes went to the right adress, in the attacking 1/3 of the field it was 39%...

We had 42% posession at home to Norwich, of course this was partly because of Bennets red card, but still.

For me the worst thing is that im struggling to see ANY structure and idea in the way Lambert sets up the team to attack, im just not seeing what it is Lambert is trying to do. I know he's supposed to be the next big thing in brittish management, but so far he has not done anything to merrit this. He seems to be an inspirational manager with very little tactical ability, much like MON.

Still, it's early days yet and he might turn out to be the right choice for us, let's hope so

So, this gameweek we had the lowest passing percentage of all teams with 66%. Second lowest was Reading with 69%.

222 out of 334 passes went to the right adress, in the attacking 1/3 of the field it was 39%...

We had 42% posession at home to Norwich, of course this was partly because of Bennets red card, but still.

For me the worst thing is that im struggling to see ANY structure and idea in the way Lambert sets up the team to attack, im just not seeing what it is Lambert is trying to do. I know he's supposed to be the next big thing in brittish management, but so far he has not done anything to merrit this. He seems to be an inspirational manager with very little tactical ability, much like MON.

Still, it's early days yet and he might turn out to be the right choice for us, let's hope so

My god that is appalling stats... Like you say sending off doesnt help those but the tactics were wrong once down to 10 imo

My god that is appalling stats... Like you say sending off doesnt help those but the tactics were wrong once down to 10 imo

Yeah it's quite bad.

I know you really can't compare but Chelsea had 2 players sent off against Man U but still managed to have 82% passing percentage...

One slightly good thing - not saying it's a major thing - is that at least Lambert is rotating. Makes it more likely he'll get it right at some stage, as opposed to being very stubbornly wrong.

Sunderland have only won one game this season. Things could look brighter on Saturday.

Several problems with your logic

1) Our own "young players" aren't up to the job. Albrighton has totally lost the plot, Weimman, Fonz and Baker will never be PL regular players at any club. The only two I have hope for are Herd and Clark. Gabby has been terrible for 2 seasons (not that he's all that young now)

2) We were never ever ever ever ever going to bring in established PL players who would want a **** ton of money in wages. PLEASE stop going on about Berbatov, we've got one lazy clearing in the woods leading the line - we don't need a second. I will happily have a bet with you now that come Christmas Berbatov will have got comfy at Fulham and won't be performing anywhere near the level he is now. Berbatov has also hardly been a creative force thru his career has he? He has a few nice touches but doens't "create" in the sense that Mata/Silva/Cazorla/Bale create play.

3) As for Lambert using hungry experience.... great I'm 100% behind it - even if we play shit and lose. The "experienced" pro's had their shots under GH and McLeish. They pretty much let us down to a man. Lets try something new that may benefit the club in years to come.

Weimann and Baker have made great strides as Premier league players so it is more than harsh to say that they couldn't be regulars in a Premiership team. I'm a little perplexed as far a Albrighton is concerned. Has shown Premiership qualities but not recently which i can't understand. The Fonz i agree entirely with you that he won't make it here or anywhere else in the Premiership. I do think however with the additions of Clark and Herd that we had more than of our quota of young players which should have been supplemented with more experienced and better quality players than some of the players that Lambert has purchased.

Berbatov not a creative force? He makes and scores goals for fun and has done it all his career and is doing it again at Fulham. Also Mata,Silva,Cazorla,Bale cost how much in comparison to Berbatov? Just ridiculous comparisons! We also didn't have to spend 'a ton of money in wages' to attract more experienced players to the club.

Ah the old argument about experienced players purchased by Mcleish and GH not working. Using that sort of logic, the Premiership would be a kindergarden of footballers. The players purchased by the aforementioned managers didn't work because they were poor players and nothing to do with whether they were experienced or not.

Finally our current position and performances don't really seem to benefitting the club at the moment.

We never would've got Berbatov. Let it go.

He'd be a short-term fix anyway.

Starting with Swindon away - its not inconceivable that we could loose 5 on the trott ..................could Lambert survive \ recover from that........

It's highly unlikely.

Potential solution to our problem -

KEA and Delph have been struggling in a deeper midfield role - that's why were not able to retain the ball for long periods. Why not play Clark in midfield - when he's played there in the past he can pass and retain the ball well, which will allow us to control games more and therefore give freedom to KEA to play a more creative role?

Potential solution to our problem -

KEA and Delph have been struggling in a deeper midfield role - that's why were not able to retain the ball for long periods. Why not play Clark in midfield - when he's played there in the past he can pass and retain the ball well, which will allow us to control games more and therefore give freedom to KEA to play a more creative role?

I thought about that - then i realised clark was pants as well :)

True, but at this stage do we have many alternatives?

No tbf - CM is really worrying. Think we definately need to go 3 in there with Benteke up top.

Lowton Dunne Vlaar Lichaj

El Ahmadi Clark Ireland

Holman Weimann

Benteke

is probably how I would go - but not so sure it would be any better. Looks a bit more solid though

No tbf - CM is really worrying. Think we definately need to go 3 in there with Benteke up top.

Lowton Dunne Vlaar Lichaj

El Ahmadi Clark Ireland

Holman Weimann

Benteke

is probably how I would go - but not so sure it would be any better. Looks a bit more solid though

Guzan,

Herd, Vlaar, Baker, Lichaj

KEA Clark Bannan

N'Zogbia Gabby

Benteke

Just dont think we can rely on Gabby or Nzog. Especially Gabby if hes out wide.

I rate Gabby myself - controversial I know. I think the work he does is not appreciated that much. For instance, his hold up play. He never loses the ball as such - think of how many corners/throw ins we won as a result of him. Also, it was through Gabby that we scored the goal, he retained the ball and controlled it well after a pig punt up to him, saw Holman in space, who crossed it in to Benteke - his job was arguably the hardest in all of that goal. For someone perceived as 'stupid' by the fans, he plays his role with a lot of maturity IMO

As for N'Zogbia, the lad has got talent we have seen that, but granted there are problems with his performances. Maybe its confidence? Maybe its man-management (how come Roberto got so much out of him?_

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

Herd

Ireland KEA CNZ

Bent Benteke

This is probably our best 11 until Bennett comes back and even then I'm not sure about his qualities. Then have Bannan, Delph and Gabby coming off the bench in games.

EDIT - Swap KEA for Holman and have his energy on the left with CNZ on the right and Ireland in the middle. KEA on the bench instead of Delph for me.

I rate Gabby myself - controversial I know. I think the work he does is not appreciated that much. For instance, his hold up play. He never loses the ball as such - think of how many corners/throw ins we won as a result of him. Also, it was through Gabby that we scored the goal, he retained the ball and controlled it well after a pig punt up to him, saw Holman in space, who crossed it in to Benteke - his job was arguably the hardest in all of that goal. For someone perceived as 'stupid' by the fans, he plays his role with a lot of maturity IMO

As for N'Zogbia, the lad has got talent we have seen that, but granted there are problems with his performances. Maybe its confidence? Maybe its man-management (how come Roberto got so much out of him?_

I rate Gabby - thats the frustrating thing. He does some good things but its to few and far between. We see in glimpses hes capable of being a really good player but for me he just doesnt give enough. For too long the fans have been delusional to this so called love he has for the club. I dont see it. I never have when I think about it. I think the lads taking the utter piss tbh and has been since for 2 years now. Its undoubted that players like Holman & Weimann will run through brick walls for the team. I can put up with relegation a lot easier with players who try and arent quite good enough than players like Bent, gabby, nzog and ireland who are clearly good enough yet dont give there all - and thankfully we have a manager in Lambert who seems to be looking for the same traits. That said, he sticks with Gabby so must see something I dont, because bar the goal he was completely annonymous imo