Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The previous manager. Better is probably pushing it, admittedly. Experienced is more apt. The players were able to grind out results the ugly way because they knew their craft, this bunch don't.

The board also backed this manager and we are left with his duds on our wage bill.

They gambled and got it utterly wrong and we are paying for it now.

which better players did he have a his disposal that aren't here now? Carlos? Lowton is better. Collins? Vlaar is better

One of the reasons we have struggled is we have changed everything at the club in terms of manager about 6 times in 3 years, the answer is not to go for our 7th manager 10 games into the best managerial appointment Lerner has made. The answer is to stick with the project and back him in the next window

Completely agree with this. Come what may we need to stick with Lambert. He has made some good choices and made some mistakes but the last thing we need is more instability. He has already been backed strongly by Lerner, I think in January he needs to go cap in hand to Lerner again. Its not ideal but we need more players to strenghten our midfield.

I like Lambert and agree with sticking with the project but saying it's Lerner's best managerial appointment is a bit premature. It's better than McLeish for sure but that's about it.

better than Mcleish and the clown houllier

We were awful with 11 men against Everton, Southampton, Fulham and West Ham. I agree that Dowd is crap, but if he was any use we'd probably have had 9 men, not 10.

We've been inconsistent really. Very good against Man City, Newcastle and Swansea, and we seemed to be decent against Spurs as well.

But Bennett should never have been sent off.

Man City is irrelevant in the context of the Premier League, and the Swansea and Newcastle performances seem like blips as we haven't played anywhere near that well since. Why on earth does he keep playing Delph? He's shit, and KEA seems half the player since he's had to partner that nugget.

Man City isn't irrelevant. It's still a competitive game. If we had played terribly and got thrashed there would have been an uproar on here and it would be used as a stick to beat Lambert and the club with, but since it doesn't fit with people's arguments it's ignored.

I'm quite baffled why he is playing Delph and KEA in the same midfield.

They both seem to sit back and pass the ball sideways, or get caught in possession.

If he is going to insist on playing them together, could at least instruct one of them to push on more and help out with the attacking move.

I do think midfield is weak and needs addressing, especially in the wide departments

That the midfield is "Weak" is the understatement of the centuary but we need to stick with Lambert a it's the constant managarial change combined with Lerners scaling back of investment thats got us in this situation.

Redknapp? Massive no. Short term thinking. Short term thinking is what got us into this mess in the first place.

No we weren't. If we were so terrible for the entire game we would never have gone 1-0 up.

Short term thinking finishing 6th on how many occasions? Short term thinking on qualifying for europe. Long term thinking by Lambert equates to worst start ever to a Premiership season coupled with not playing our best players and indeed alienating them. Yeah let's stick with Lambert's long term plan and continue to back that plan in the Championship.

Man City isn't irrelevant. It's still a competitive game. If we had played terribly and got thrashed there would have been an uproar on here and it would be used as a stick to beat Lambert and the club with, but since it doesn't fit with people's arguments it's ignored.

"In the context of the Premier League". Did you not read that bit? We didn't get any points for it, and if we go down, beating Man City will be meaningless. Yes it was a great win, and if we win the League Cup, even better, but do you really want to emulate McShit at the Blues and win it but get relegated?

Rednapp wouldnt come here with this team and no significant financial backing to change things.

But he would come to us if Lerner promised substantial backing. To retain our Premiership status its going to take at least 30m plus player sales to include Bent as Harry doesn't rate him. For me Gabby would also have to go.

I'm a fan of Lambert generally, and think he deserves time beyond this season to get things right, but he has to shoulder the majority of the blame for the way the season is shaping up. It is Lambert who has told experienced players like Warnock and Hutton that they have no place in the team, and then replaced them with younger players that are not as good (even in Lowton's case against Hutton). It is Lambert who seems to have decided that Nzogbia has no place in a team desperate both for creativity and width. It is lambert who played a woeful Albrighton today. It is Lambert who refused to play Ireland, who has also refused to play Dunne (i don't believe he's still injured).

It is lambert who took Lerners £20M and decided to buy 7 players from outside the premie league, and then insists on playing most of them week in week out.

His substitutions today were rediculous, and his decision to keep Albrighton on when he took Holman off probably cost us the game. We would have been much better balanced if he'd swapped Albrighton for Bannan, and Holman for Ireland.

The team is lacking experience all over the pitch, it's all very well and good having faith in your signings, but this team needs some senior pro's so that players like Bennett (if he were playing) don't lose it in the way he did today, and cost us 3 very valuable points.

I was also very disappointed with the way we played today, waiting to catch Norwich on the break at home is not what I expect. They are a team that we should have beaten, we have the players within our squad if only Lambert would admit he needs them.

It is Lambert who refused to play Ireland, who has also refused to play Dunne (i don't believe he's still injured).

I agree with much of your post but fyi I saw an interview with Dunne yesterday where he was talking about his injury and his latest treatments. He is really injured. The rest of your post makes a lot of sense though.

But he would come to us if Lerner promised substantial backing. To retain our Premiership status its going to take at least 30m plus player sales to include Bent as Harry doesn't rate him. For me Gabby would also have to go.

But if Randy is prepared to give that backing to Harry then why can't Lambert be given the same? Especially now we've got the scouting system set up and he has already brought in a couple of good signings from Europe. Harry would go the O'Neill route and sign players on big wages which isn't what we need.