Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I bet Lambert regrets leaving Norwich and their spending power to such a small minded club like ours?

They've outspent us in what, one transfer window?

Yes but you have to see the bigger picture.

Which is?

I bet Lambert regrets leaving Norwich and their spending power to such a small minded club like ours?

They're still 4 places lower than us and are -12 GD worse off.

The only bigger picture that I see is Norwich outspending us and buying better quality players than us for the foreseeable.

The bigger picture and 5 year plan looks to be based on us buying an unknown for sweet fa then hoping we can sell them for a nice big profit so Lerner can pay off his debt and give Lambert a pittance to buy another cheap player. It's a bit like shopping at a car boot sale hoping someone is selling a Rolex for 50p because they don't know the real value.

To be honest since Lerner has landed all the talk we get from the club is about five year plans? They have never told us what those five years will consist of only that because Mars was lining up with Venus things changed the whole plan because now Uranus was exposed. Total bollocks and spin! I for one am sick of it!

The opinions on here are like a game of table tennis.

We win, the so called "positives" spend most of their time quoting the result and all the supporting material relating to a result. Like time as if it's a magic potion.

We lose, and the so called "negatives" recite the virtues of performances and how they lead to sustained results as opposed to adhoc results and all the supporting material like money as if it's some kind of guarantee.

I look at the job being done at Everton with Moyes/Martinez and my mind is doing overtime.

I have to say....if they can do it, I'm bloody sure we can.

What I seen at Craven Cottage, simply ain't good enough, despite the injustice from the ref, but just remember, when your work is neat and tidy as opposed to panicky and scruffy, who will naturally influence the ref in some of those iffy decisions.

We really ain't helping ourselves ,guys.

I'd have to agree with some of the comments on here. Despite our history and the size of the club, it's difficult to see why Lambert was so keen to join us. There's not a chance we'd be in for players like Fer and Van Wolfswinkel at the moment, and the outlook doesn't look particularly rosy either. As our wage budget decreases, we're not seeing extra funds being made available as was previously expected, and it's difficult to see where it'll end. Will there come a time when players like Agbonlahor are forced out of the door to make way for the next wave of unknowns? Our yearly spend seems to decrease year on year, as does our wage budget. There can be few excuses for Lerner to hide behind anymore.

We may be left a little frustrated by some of Lambert's tactics, but you only have to look at the names on the team sheet to see that his hands are firmly tied behind his back. We have a good manager here, but he doesn't even have the resources available to recruit average Premier League players.

We win, the so called "positives" spend most of their time quoting the result and all the supporting material relating to a result. Like time as if it's a magic potion.

We lose, and the so called "negatives" recite the virtues of performances and how they lead to sustained results as opposed to adhoc results and all the supporting material like money as if it's some kind of guarantee.

I look at the job being done at Everton with Moyes/Martinez and my mind is doing overtime.

I have to say....if they can do it, I'm bloody sure we can.

What I seen at Craven Cottage, simply ain't good enough, despite the injustice from the ref, but just remember, when your work is neat and tidy as opposed to panicky and scruffy, who will naturally influence the ref in some of those iffy decisions.

We really ain't helping ourselves ,guys.

People keep bringing up Everton and Martinez but he walked into a far better situation there.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

We may be left a little frustrated by some of Lambert's tactics, but you only have to look at the names on the team sheet to see that his hands are firmly tied behind his back. We have a good manager here, but he doesn't even have the resources available to recruit average Premier League players.

Some say he inherited "average premier league players". Why has he chosen to dispose of a large majority of them? Surely Lerner is not telling him who to sign and release from the club?

Yep

meanwhile the other 98% of us stay in Off Topic, shaking our heads at all this nonsense.

Edited by Stevo985

Because the majority of them were awful.

You only have to look where they're playing now

Again he knew what was here before he came he had seen his Norwich side play us off the park just before he joined? Thinking about this why did he come here?

However with the £40 odd million he has had to spent he could have brought in 4 or 5 real quality players rather than the legions of mediorce nobodies we have ended up with?

That peformance against Fulham was as bad as anything I have seen under McLeish.  You cannot just contniue to play rubbish football and expect to get away with it.  I mean we struggle to put three or four passes together.  It has to improve otherwise we will slide down the table. 

Some say he inherited "average premier league players". Why has he chosen to dispose of a large majority of them? Surely Lerner is not telling him who to sign and release from the club?

Personally, I'd say that's exactly what's happening. He may not be getting specific names, but if his remit is to trim the wage bill, then clearly the high earners are going to be first out of the door.

On another note, the team he inherited were relegation fodder, despite containing a number of modestly capable players. He has done well to keep us going while reducing the wage bill even further. I'm not Lambert's number one fan, certainly not in present company anyway, but I am a fan of sorts, and you need to take into consideration his working constraints in order to fully appreciate the job he is doing.

That peformance against Fulham was as bad as anything I have seen under McLeish.  You cannot just contniue to play rubbish football and expect to get away with it.  I mean we struggle to put three or four passes together.  It has to improve otherwise we will slide down the table. 

We were ok passing it around but at soon as we hit the half-way line we would panic and hit the ball long into an area packed with players and expect Benteke to do something.

The players are just a little stupid and naive.

I just think our midfield is seriously lacking.

It's not that they're bad players, I rate Westwood, Delph and KEA.

But they're all pretty much the same sort of player. Deep lying passers without much creativity going forward.

So if we play 3 of them, naturally we get that split between midfield and attack, and that's killing us at the moment. That's why the defenders are hoofing it forward, and that's why even when Benteke gets on the end of them, there's rarely anyone waiting in the hole for his knockdown.

I just think our midfield is seriously lacking.

It's not that they're bad players, I rate Westwood, Delph and KEA.

But they're all pretty much the same sort of player. Deep lying passers without much creativity going forward.

So if we play 3 of them, naturally we get that split between midfield and attack, and that's killing us at the moment. That's why the defenders are hoofing it forward, and that's why even when Benteke gets on the end of them, there's rarely anyone waiting in the hole for his knockdown.

I agree and we are also very narrow with these three as each wants to sit in.