Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I think what winds me up is the black and white,

Yeah and me.

He scored a tap in and people tried to claim an assist for him against man city and used this to say he wasn't a bad purchase.

That doesn't seem like black and white to me. I've seen no one claiming he's a brilliant purchase or anything like that.

I think ignoring his performances and focusing on a tap in and creating an assist for him is viewing Kozak in a pretty black and white kind of way.

Those who have criticised Kozak have done so by looking at his attributes and how he fits into our style of play or how we set up as a team.

Lol. There's no hope!

I don't want to see baker at LB. Play Lowton and Bacuna as full backs. I'd like to see 4-3-3 with Helenius and Tonev wide.

I agree with this though. 

Yeah and me.

He scored a tap in and people tried to claim an assist for him against man city and used this to say he wasn't a bad purchase.

That doesn't seem like black and white to me. I've seen no one claiming he's a brilliant purchase or anything like that.

I think ignoring his performances and focusing on a tap in and creating an assist for him is viewing Kozak in a pretty black and white kind of way.

Those who have criticised Kozak have done so by looking at his attributes and how he fits into our style of play or how we set up as a team.

I haven't seen anyone ignoring his performances.

There have however been people that have ignored his "tap in" and helping with the assist and focused only on the negatives, before completely writing him off.

Yeah and me.

I haven't seen anyone ignoring his performances.

There have however been people that have ignored his "tap in" and helping with the assist and focused only on the negatives, before completely writing him off.

Well what are the positives? He scored a tap in after fluffing a one a one. I'm not sure that goals a positive, he made a complete **** up and luckily gabby put it on a plate for him. Helping with an assist? Haha clutching a bit with this. There are some on this site who have actually given him an assist for not touching the ball. When he produces some positives I'll acknowledge them but right now there really hasn't been any. He's looked slow, weak and has been dominated in the air.

Well what are the positives? He scored a tap in after fluffing a one a one. I'm not sure that goals a positive, he made a complete **** up and luckily gabby put it on a plate for him. Helping with an assist? Haha clutching a bit with this. There are some on this site who have actually given him an assist for not touching the ball. When he produces some positives I'll acknowledge them but right now there really hasn't been any. He's looked slow, weak and has been dominated in the air.

He still scored - I've seen much easier chances than that missed by better Villa players. As for the assist, he shouldn't be credited for it but he definitely helped none the less. I don't really know how you can deny this.

Lol. There's no hope!

I just love the fact that you have such a high opinion of your own opinions that anyone who says differently clearly can only view things in black and white. Funny.

I think the main problem is that you've formed an opinion about him from 6 games in a country in which he doesnt speak the same language as his teammates and in which there is a notorious adjustment period when players move in from abroad.You seem to think this is a more valid opinion than people payed to judge footballers who probably spent a significant amount of matches watching him last year. As such your view comes across as simplistic especially when you're saying he hasn't contributed anything positive.

Edited by EssexVilla
  • Like 1

Yeah and me.

it was an assist, he might not have touched the ball but his movment distracted the defenders for Weimann to run through. not a fantasy football assist but still an assist like when Sidwell gave ball to Milner from a throw a few years ago. still an assist

Yeah and me.

it was an assist, he might not have touched the ball but his movment distracted the defenders for Weimann to run through. not a fantasy football assist but still an assist like when Sidwell gave ball to Milner from a throw a few years ago. still an assist

Ridiculous.

I wonder if spurs fans gave assists to the players in the box when Townsend scored the other week? They distracted our defence and keeper which resulted in the goal. Be **** stupid to give them an assist though.

Lol. There's no hope!

I just love the fact that you have such a high opinion of your own opinions that anyone who says differently clearly can only view things in black and white. Funny.

I think the main problem is that you've formed an opinion about him from 6 games in a country in which he doesnt speak the same language as his teammates and in which there is a notorious adjustment period when players move in from abroad.You seem to think this is a more valid opinion than people payed to judge footballers who probably spent a significant amount of matches watching him last year. As such your view comes across as simplistic especially when you're saying he hasn't contributed anything positive.

So paid professionals never make mistakes? Tell me what he's contributed that makes you so positive about him then? It is pretty simple because it's clear that if you lack pace in this league then you need some other quality to succeed. At this moment Kozak has not shown another quality attribute that will make up for his lack of pace at this level.

Yeah and me.

Ridiculous.

I wonder if spurs fans gave assists to the players in the box when Townsend scored the other week? They distracted our defence and keeper which resulted in the goal. Be **** stupid to give them an assist though.

am  sure they would, its still an assist, it helped the goal. anyway assists arent given the same credit in football as other sports 

Lol. There's no hope!

So paid professionals never make mistakes? Tell me what he's contributed that makes you so positive about him then? It is pretty simple because it's clear that if you lack pace in this league then you need some other quality to succeed. At this moment Kozak has not shown another quality attribute that will make up for his lack of pace at this level.

Obviously paid professionals can make mistakes. I never stated otherwise. Something else I'd consider obvious is that a paid professionals opinion on a player over 30 games of specifically watching a player is more valid than an amateur watching 6 games in which some were sub appearances and there are other mediating factors in play which are affecting his ability to contribute. Kozak has scored a goal which you've chosen to ignore repeatedly because he missed a simple chance moments before. As such you ignored his movement in creating that chance which from memory was excellent as well as his movement in making himself available for gabby when he actually has scored. I also think that on the rare occasion we have played the ball into Kozaks feet his touch and hold up play has been good. Obviously he has struggled when we have played the ball up to his head which is disappointing but thats something which I'd expect him to develop as he gets more used to the league.

• Like 1

40% possession at home against Cardiff and nearly 5 games without scoring is pretty pathetic. I thought/hoped Lambert had a plan for this season but I have no idea what it is at the moment.

We just won and kept another clean sheet. It would be great to have 60% possession, but in the end it means nothing if you lose the game like Cardiff did.

For 75 minutes today we were appalling. But as soon as he bought Lowton on and we got some width we improved massively. Hopefully Lambert sticks with the formation we ended with next time out.

Although I think it was a poor game, I'm glad Lambert made the substitution which won us the game eventually.

I hope we never see that formation again though when our injured players are back. 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 are the way forward.

Edited by samjp26