Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Why did u not sign a quality attacking midfielder?

£££££ limited.

Interesting to see his comments about lukaku and that he wanted to bring in both him and tekkers but couldn't afford to. So he has his eyes on the right kind of players it's just doing what he can with the mone lerner gives him. Hopefully next summer he will be given a nice wedge.

£££££ limited.

Interesting to see his comments about lukaku and that he wanted to bring in both him and tekkers but couldn't afford to. So he has his eyes on the right kind of players it's just doing what he can with the mone lerner gives him. Hopefully next summer he will be given a nice wedge.

What/where are the comments re Lukaku?

£££££ limited.

£££££ limited.

in yesterdays edition of the Birmingham mail...he was asked would you have wanted both Benteke and Rom and he said yes....both powerful lads with a great goalscoring rate, but different.

If Lambert gets decent backing, where he can bring in a few finished articles where we need them. Plus with Okore returning next year, we will win trophies. I think Lambert is THAT good. I just hope he gets backed before a more ambitious club comes in for him.

• Like 2

£££££ limited.

That he spoke to Chelsea before he had looked at benteke to bring him in but couldn't afford to do it, was then asked if he could of afforded lukaku would it haven been him instead of benteke, he said no I would of had them both

How would that have fitted Lambert's system?

The system probably would have been different, or Lukaku would have been a wide forward.

As much as Benteke and Lukaku are big, strong players, they're actually very different in terms of natural playing style.

You're right, it wouldn't. Bent is the answer.

He didn't say he was. It was a genuine question, a good question.

Where would Lukaku play? I'd agree with the outside forward role.

• Like 1

Yeah course it was.

Slip lukaku in for either gabby or andi, or I'd imagine Lambert would play his 352, which I think would be his formation of choice had he been backed with money for his top targets, which IMO would have consisted of clyne, the lad from Ipswich, belhanda and now lukaku

Yeah course it was.

Slip lukaku in for either gabby or andi, or I'd imagine Lambert would play his 352, which I think would be his formation of choice had he been backed with money for his top targets, which IMO would have consisted of clyne, the lad from Ipswich, belhanda and now lukaku

It's a good question because we would rather have both up top, so the question is do we go 4-4-2 considering we are weak in midfield and have no decent wingers. 

• Like 1

Yeah course it was.

It's a good question because we would rather have both up top, so the question is do we go 4-4-2 considering we are weak in midfield and have no decent wingers.

He probably would've played his narrow Norwich formation which always had 2 up top.