Paul Lambert

Pilchard

With Gabby and Benteke out I thought he got the tactics spot on today. I think had Gabby been fit he would have gone with the usual 4-3-3 but no one else can really come in and play the Gabby role.

The 3-5-2 worked really well. From open play City didn't create a lot. Sylla, Delph and KEA worked their bollocks off, Luna and Bacuna likewise but Bacuna especially worked that right flank fantastically both offensively and defensively.

I also thought he did the right thing in putting Bowery on for the last 10 minutes to put himself about a bit and pressure the city defence. A lot of managers would have put a defender on.

That result today was all about everybody putting 100% effort in. Performances are up and down but Lambert certainly has this group of players giving their all.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Got it spot on today and Bacuna looks a great buy.

Kozak also looked like a good purchase.

I hear you've been invited to Tea at Mantis's house ?

.....Im going down the pub with Stefan........!!!!!

Cya there ;)

Can we forgive Lamberts post match comments tonight ?

What were they?

Need you ask:-

"That's important. You don't dwell. You enjoy, yes. But you go into work and you're ready to go again."

LOL

He is right though, no soreheads on Monday morning, preparation for Hull has to begin immediately.

In Lambert we have somebody who could go on and manage a Man United with ease. I think he still makes mistakes and perhaps goes for the wrong choice sometimes, but he has that magic about him that makes him unique and I really do not want to lose him.

Fair play to Lambert for dropping Lowton and giving Bacuna a chance. A lot of managers wouldn't have dropped one of "their" players, let alone somebody like Lowton who was brilliant for us last season.

I have no problem with dropping Lowton -I just didn't reckon much to his replacement. Despite some dodgy moments he stuck at it today - and got his rewards - I was like a teenager when that free kick went it.....

In Lambert we have somebody who could go on and manage a Man United with ease. I think he still makes mistakes and perhaps goes for the wrong choice sometimes, but he has that magic about him that makes him unique and I really do not want to lose him.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll manage a successful Aston Villa?

I think his defensive record puts him some distance away from that. Hopefully he can improve on that.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll manage a successful Aston Villa?

Would make me so bloody happy. Lambert here, us successful. Forgotten how that feels, success. :(

I was 14 when we last won something. I think I have become so negative since :(

Fair play to Lambert for dropping Lowton and giving Bacuna a chance. A lot of managers wouldn't have dropped one of "their" players, let alone somebody like Lowton who was brilliant for us last season.

Good point. A decision that sends out a message to all the players that regardless of if Lambert signed you and if you did well for him last season if your out form you will be dropped.

Lowton will come again though. At 900k he was still a great bit of business but is still a young lad who is still learning especially at this level. I am sure this kick up the arse will see him come back stronger.

Edited by markavfc40

I think his defensive record puts him some distance away from that. Hopefully he can improve on that.

This is one thing I think he will improve if the finances do at Villa, so he can bring in good players and maybe add more coaches (if that is a problem). 

And of course, time.