14 games left

danthevillaman

There are 14 games left in the league with 42 points available in total.

Now everyone knows we are not going to get anywhere near that but hopefully PL will bring in 1 or maybe 2 new players by the end of tomorrow (lets hope so anyway) and last nights 2nd half proved we have still got figh in us.

So us as fans really need to get behind the team more than ever now, yes we have some hard games to play but games that we can get points from.

1 win can give the team a massive confident boost! We can stay up.

About time someone on here pipes up with a bit of fighting talk.

If we stay up I'd prefer to be one of those fans that stayed positive to the end and believed we could do it.

As Villa fans we're labled as 'fickle' with delusions of granduer. I bet fans of other teams are really pleased we've finally got a dose of something to really complain about.

I'd love to shove it up em and show em we can stay up and get behind the team when they really need us.

• Like 1

Yes one win is easier said and done but look at last nights 2nd half and how we played against southampton, if we can get playing like that the whole game and not make the silly errors we make, i firmly believe we are capable of staying up!

As for signings, even if we do not make any which like you say is highly unlikely, if the players show the carachter and belief to win i again believe we can stay up.

We have mad it hard for ourselves no doubt but bookies have already started putting bets on us to win the championship next season, why not prove them wrong!

Paul Lambert clearly wants to succeed here but he is managing on little money, you cant get premier league quality with that.

Aston Villa and championship do not belong in the same sentence!

If we're to have any chance of staying up we absolutely need to drop this 5-3-2/3-5-2 crap, find a formation that works and keep it simple. Chopping and changing formation works brilliantly on FM, not so much in real life. As much of a goal threat as he is, we're a much better side with Bent on the bench, and Weimann needs to start every game.

4 out of those 14 games left are against the big 4 sides

Man City 

United

Arsenal

Chelsea

I can't see us taking any points from those so that leaves us 10 games to pick up as many points as possible to stay in the division

In 3 of those games we face our relegation rivals 

Reading

QPR

Wigan

We need maximum points from these 3 games we cannot afford to draw or lose we have to win these games to stay in the premier league anything less and were down

A big ask and without additional players brought in i think we stand no chance

I can see us losing our next 4, Everton away, West Ham at home (They will destroy us with set pieces), Arsenal away and Man City at home.

Hoping we sign a few players tomorrow, getting more and more pessimistic the closer we get though.

We're down already,  cut it anyway you want,  analyse what ever fixtures you want to,  look at games where you think we'll get points then be disappointed when we dont we are down.

Confidence is shot and two or three players in January could have stopped that.  It hasn't things are now worse and we are in freefall.

I doubt we have chance. Nothing so far tells me that this will turn around and we will get a couple of nice victories. I just don`t see it. Even if we end up getting a suprise result against Everton or whatever, it`s just not gonna happen. Nothing against newcastle, southampton,wigan,bradford,millwall. There is just nothing that points to it. Would be really suprised if they managed it. Thank you Lambert / Lerner.

Personally I'm writing off Everton, Arsenal and Man U away - and Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea at home.

so in my head we have 8 games left 4 at home (W.Ham, QPR, Fulham and Sunderland) and 4 away (Reading, Stoke, Norwich and Wigan)

The worst thing for me is Wigan are so our bogey team and we have them away last day. But if we cant beat W.Ham, Reading and QPR in the next 6 games we're gone.

Â