Ideas for a Football Team Social

Stevo985

I'm captain of my Sunday league team and I need to arrange a social.

We've had nights out before and they've always been good, but we always do the same thing. Go to someone's house/flat, few drinks and drinking games and then go out to a bar or club.

Which is fine. But interest has been dwindling lately in the team and I want to do something a bit different.

Anyone got any ideas for something we could do?

It would probably still end with a night out, but wanted to something beforehand.

Maybe something as simple as hiring a room in a cool bar somewhere (something like this maybe) to make it a bit different.

But I'd also be open to something more adventurous, maybe like something you'd do on a stag do.

So my question is two fold. Firstly, does anyone know any decent bars in Brum or Leamington (a lot of the guys live there) where you can hire a room for cheap/free?

Secondly, does anyone have any ideas for something a bit different to do during the day in the same areas? Again can't be anything too expensive.

Thanks chaps

I was thinking about a day at the cricket.

But then I thought about having a group "downing hydrochloric acid" day followed by a night of cheese grating our scrotums and it was much more appealing ;)

Get one of the players to steal their dad's classic ferrari then take it for a spin down town. Maybe visit an art museum and then afterwards bluff your way into a posh restaurant by claiming you are the sausage king of coventry. Then you could take in a ball game and finish off the day by singing twist and shout on the steps of Birmingham town hall.

Orgy.

It's a special occasion, not a standard Friday night.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Races sounds good, keep em coming!

Anyone know a decent bar/club with rooms/booths to hire?

Â