PROTEST?

Mendi

Who do we blame for this mess?

You can't possibly pick one man to blame, Lerner, Faulkner, Houllier, McLeish, O'Neill, Lambert, the players, everyone to some degree has **** up.

Everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong at the wrong times.

Yes you can blame one man, and that man is Lambert.

Ok don't take this the wrong way, but, Collins,Hutton and Warnock were 3 of our 4 fullbacks last season and we did not conceed half as many goals.I am not saying that these players are great players I am just saying that with them and Vlaar at the back would we conceed as many goals ? yet none of them have even started a game this season.

Last season Bent got us out of trouble quite often, he did it again in the WBA game at VP,but does he start a game on a regular basis ? no

So it comes down to Lambert for making the wrong decesions in players, tactics and who to buy.

**** off Lambert.

We would do better if we let the computer programme Football Manager run the team.

Yes you can blame one man, and that man is Lambert.

Ok don't take this the wrong way, but, Collins,Hutton and Warnock were 3 of our 4 fullbacks last season and we did not conceed half as many goals.I am not saying that these players are great players I am just saying that with them and Vlaar at the back would we conceed as many goals ? yet none of them have even started a game this season.

Last season Bent got us out of trouble quite often, he did it again in the WBA game at VP,but does he start a game on a regular basis ? no

So it comes down to Lambert for making the wrong decesions in players, tactics and who to buy.

**** off Lambert.

We would do better if we let the computer programme Football Manager run the team.

Couldn't be more wrong.

What else is he supposed to do when he is told to break up a trouble maker defence, slash the wage bill, prevent clauses activating on players heading outwards and being handed 20m and 6 months to achieve a miracle in!

What other position did you think we would be in by now? The kids are **** and nakered, plagued by injuries and topped off with rocket polishers that cannot be arsed to play for the club.

As the late great Brian Clough once said: "Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."

Lambert is once again the fall guy, the snipers target, the scapegoat whatever way you want to word it for those who are in charge and put these hurdles in place combined with there little puppet on a power trip.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

The fans hounded Doug and DOL out of the club because we weren't winning the league. How did that work out? Anyone? We now have a man at the helm with no heart whatsoever in this club. All it took was shaking a few hands and some free scarves - all that was missing was kissing some babies.

Fans think they have the answers to the problems - we don't know much about football. We know how to watch it. If it was as easy as some fans claim - "why didn't he just this or that?" - someone would have done it by now.

In five years time we may well be maoning again that we aren't breaking into the top four.

I'm ranting - I wish I had the answers...

Oh God, more people wanting to protest about things that are part of the game.

Somebodys got to lose you know. Somebodys got to be down the bottom. Its not immoral - its part of the game. Its our turn - get over it.

I don't agree with protests against Lambert but this is a strange attitude. Edited by Mantis

I don't agree with protests against Lambert but this is a strange attitude.

It's sort of true though. We are in the position that we're in because of catastrophic decisions at board level over the last few years. The worst run clubs will generally be relegated, ours happens to be as poorly run as anyone in the league, Venky's-esque. Unfortuantely we've just been unlucky and lumbered with idiots and there's nothing we can do. It is part of the game I suppose, we'll be here long after Lerner so we just need to deal with it.

I don't agree with protests against Lambert but this is a strange attitude.

What is strange about it? Knowing that at some point in my life, it is the likelihood that we will be shit at least once? Nobody's doing anything that would make protests appropriate.

What is strange about it? Knowing that at some point in my life, it is the likelihood that we will be shit at least once? Nobody's doing anything that would make protests appropriate.

Well the whole "it's our turn" thing is a bit weird. Yes there's nothing we can do about it and I accept that we'll probably go down but your post made it seem like we're just unlucky.

Well the whole "it's our turn" thing is a bit weird. Yes there's nothing we can do about it and I accept that we'll probably go down but your post made it seem like we're just unlucky.

No its not meant to sound like that. What Im saying is that, given the nature of football the chances are that (through sheer law of averages) every team will have good/bad times. We are in the middle of a bad time. If people want to protest about that then they are really not considering the bigger picture of the sport. Protesting because your teams losing (which lets face it is the main catalyst of the protest - albeit you start looking for reasons why your losing and focus on them), really is a bit daft. Without somebody losing, we havent got a sport to follow.

Edited by Woodytom

It's not the losing per se it's the way this club is managed and run from top to bottom that people are frustrated about.

Exactly - as I say - we look to reasons for losing and focus on that. I didnt hear any shouts for protests under O'Neill. because I can guarantee you the club was being run/managed a lot worse than it is now. So bad, we are still suffering from it. Nobody gives a shit about how it is run when we are winning.

• Like 1

Guessing most asking for Lambert out don't go ton the games,We do at times play great football is just naivety in the youngsters to finish the job ATM, a couple of players and some confidence would fix that, how any1 can say we played better football last year obviously must have not bothered watching a game under mcduff , Lambert's vision in what he wants to build is there to anyone who is willing to open theatre eyes but he is having to do it in a straight jacket cos learner hasn't gave him the funds this window.

I really think we are just a few players away from being a good team.

Protests are for the likes of Blackburn, ifyouve had enough stay away so I don't get tarnished with your brush. VTID

Â