• N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Lichaj (for Baker 5)
    • Bannan (for Delph 53)
    • Holman (for N'Zogbia 66)

a fair few on my twitter feed seem to be moaning about our subs, there was one sub that changed that game and that was thomas coming on for them, everyone knew that was our weakness, bit of width, stretch our defence

also not getting the nzogbia wankfest, skinned his man plenty of times, did something with it how many times? probably once maybe twice? far too often wasnt happen until he'd taken on the 6th man and lost it, classic nzogbia down blind alley play

thought gabby was pretty good all game the rest were brilliant 1st half shit 2nd, benteke didnt get a sniff 2nd half after smashing everything in his path in the 1st, we needed the lichaj chance or the gabby one to wrap up the game, the neutrals i was with at half time were straight on the phones for a draw, 5/1 odds, not even a surprise

Everyone is slagging off PL's subs, but firstly Lichaj for Baker was enforced, Bannan for Delph was again enforced and putting on Holman for Zog was probably the right move, for Holman's so called work rate (even though I can't see why). Think about it who else would you of brought on instead, Ireland or Bent and risk getting beaten and not having any points at all. Just proves the squad needs strengthening this month; but looking unlikely though.

Was at the game and we dominated the yam yams for the first 45 minutes, could of been more than 2-0 up, but yet again typical Villa imploded and we conceded two. Defence looked solid with the return of Vlaar organising things, Westwood and Delph played well in midfield and the three prong attack of Gabby, Zog and Benteke (my MOTM, unplayable at times) were lethal until Zog came off.

Think every Villa fan knows we looked weaker when Bannan and Holman came on for Delph and Zog, proving we need better squad players than the ones that came on.

Also a note on the Baggies fans deciding not to join in with the 19th minute applause for Petrov, instead hurling abuse at our end, even though we joined in with their minute applause at the start of the match, disgraceful Tesco bag loving yam yams <_<

Edited by Avflife

Not impressed with their fans, we joined in the applause before kick off to their player. They then jump around mocking us during the Petrov applause and not a single one of them I saw join in. Instead they applaud in the 8th minute because of our defeat at Chelsea.

Obsessed with Villa, we know what you are!

On to the game, great first half, threatened them with pace and power. If we'd got to 60 mins at 2 nil we would have won, but they got their tails up with the early goal and inevitably it was backs to the wall stuff from us, with the occasional counter.

Would have taken a point prior to the game, but thats Swansea and WBA weve blown winning positions, I fear that could be costly.

You sound surprised. Small time club supported by people who......

Was sat in WBA stand as went with a physio of theirs today. Can only say its typical villa. Passed it great first half scored good goals and then lumped it second half. Defence is the big isuue for me and playing 5 has never worked. Spent most of 2nd half seeing Lihaj getting raped by Thomas. For all of u wondering about subs i was stood next to lambo having an interview after game as waiting for my mate and delph was injured but couldnt quite hear the reason on Nzog sub! He also mentions how we just keep gettin injuries all the f#cking time!

Go 4-4-2 now vlaar back. also got to wonder if gabby will look that dangerous again as he only seems to score in derby games!! Nzog looked good in the hole so maybe thats why he doesnt go 4-4-2 but they hit us with everything wide! Roll on tuesday maybe another roller coster ride! All in a good point as it gets us out drop zone but still cant hold on for a win and conceding late on is a big problem for us!!

• Like 1

Not impressed with their fans, we joined in the applause before kick off to their player. They then jump around mocking us during the Petrov applause and not a single one of them I saw join in. Instead they applaud in the 8th minute because of our defeat at Chelsea.

why do people still care? when will our fans realise that no one other us will ever care about the 19th minute applause

• Like 1

why do people still care? when will our fans realise that no one other us will ever care about the 19th minute applause

You miss the point, Albion fans were just words removed today

**** them

yeah no doubt the same as they were at VP, no doubt the same as they spent a good 80 minutes last week at reading chanting songs about how they are going down with us, baggues fans blatantly want something to happen in terms of a rivalry so will act like words removed

tried to explain to a baggies fan tonight we have 1 song that i know of for them (seaside song)

dont bite...

Would've taken a draw beforehand so not really that worried about things - we're out of the bottom 3 now, which is good.

Still need a couple of players though.

Would you have taken a draw if you knew we would be 2-0 up at HT?

Watching it again on MOTD, how many goals/games has Benteke cost us with crap defending at corners?

Great player going forward, but we seriously need to leave him up front at corners, or just tell him to do a job at the near post like Carew/Bent used to.

Oh and Lichaj is just shank, if we're going to play 5-3-2 we need someone who doesnt get a nosebleed at the half way line.

I thought Bennett did ok today but agree he probably is better as wide midfielder.

Lichaj actually did ok also, linked up well with Zog.

Delph was playing well till he went off.

I thought Lowton, Clark and Guzan seemed to have bad days and we lost shape when Bannan came on.

Benteke was unstoppable at times and really knocked down their players like skittles, it's just a shame we don't have someone like that in midfield!

Until we have players able to defend crosses down the flanks, and players that can defend corners - we will continue to struggle.

I really felt for Gabby and Benteke - they really did a number on their defence only to watch ours crumble and undo all their good work. It must be like baking an elaborate and expensive cake only to watch someone to drop it just before it reaches the table.

ok yeah watching the replays Benteke did help murder that cake, but agree he shouldn't be marking from corners in place of other more capable players (if we have any) guess he's there for his height!

Edited by VillanousOne

Watching it again on MOTD, how many goals/games has Benteke cost us with crap defending at corners?

Great player going forward, but we seriously need to leave him up front at corners, or just tell him to do a job at the near post like Carew/Bent used to.

Oh and Lichaj is just shank, if we're going to play 5-3-2 we need someone who doesnt get a nosebleed at the half way line.

Looked like he was fouled tbf.

Brad Guzan - 6 Made a few decent saves none of the goals were his fault.

I'd like to add i was angry with Guzan for not holding that ball and conceding the corner...

What he said. Guzan shat himself with Lukaku bearing down on him and spilt what was a regulation gather. He got there comfortably first and should've held it. You only needed to see his reaction after conceding the second.

Quite a number of opposing teams' fans have joined in. And the applause takes place in the twentieth minute - a fact that has stumped just about every commentator bar Martin Tyler.

What happened?

We honoured their pre kick off minutes respect for derek kevan superbly

They then went on to do the 8th minute crass thing and then all totally disrespect the 19th min Petrov tribute

Not only did they show no respect they went out of their way to make their feelings known

rocket polishers Small time scum club

Â