• N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Lichaj (for Baker 5)
    • Bannan (for Delph 53)
    • Holman (for N'Zogbia 66)

What he is talking about is the acceptance of draws thinking they will be enough. I made the same point and it is relevant.

A draw wasn't a bad result today. West Brom have been good at home this season and with our defending you'd think it'd be an easy home win.

Our problem this season has been against the teams around us. We need to start beating them, starting with Newcastle.

Not impressed with their fans, we joined in the applause before kick off to their player. They then jump around mocking us during the Petrov applause and not a single one of them I saw join in. Instead they applaud in the 8th minute because of our defeat at Chelsea.

Obsessed with Villa, we know what you are!

On to the game, great first half, threatened them with pace and power. If we'd got to 60 mins at 2 nil we would have won, but they got their tails up with the early goal and inevitably it was backs to the wall stuff from us, with the occasional counter.

Would have taken a point prior to the game, but thats Swansea and WBA weve blown winning positions, I fear that could be costly.

also why can't we defend corners or score from them?

Neither Westwood or Bannan can take corners, Zog is better but not great.

Baker, Clark, Lichaj, Vlaar, Bennett...... in fact the whole team can't defend corners...... it's mindboggling!

Most of those players are in the wrong league for a start.

Furious on a saturday night again.

It's gutting because you know it's coming. You can't even enjoy leading, because you just have the feeling it won't be for long.

Agreed!

Before the game today I would have definitely taken a point because I couldn't see us getting anything at all but after being 2-0 up and throwing it away it really is deflating and although the point gained has moved us out of the relegation places it really does feel like a defeat. I'm not sure that my nerves will be able to manage much more this season. I'm really not looking forward to the Bradford game.

Same old story for the Villa!

Positives IMO from the game:

- the return of Vlaar

- Bennett (although I'm not convinced about him) had a decent game

- Delph/Westwood played well in midfield

- N'Zogbia, man of the match, set up 2 goals, other chances, was direct and linked the midfield with the attack.

- Benteke/Gabby/N'Zogbia as an attacking unit looked dangerous.

Negatives:

- Barry Bannan - very poor when he came on.

- Brett Holman - limited player who offered us nothing.

- Benteke's defending at corner kicks - just has to be stronger.

- Conceding 2 goals again!

- Poor substitutions from PL even if some of them were forced upon him.

At least we didn't lose. :mellow:

Edited by Brumstopdogs

If we are to sign a single player this window we need it to be center half who can, and this might sound crazy, head the ball away from our goal from corners.

wow... I'm lost in the complexity of it all.You've been listening to stephen Hawkins

Very enjoyable 1st half, attacking like a Premier League side again. But how **** inevitable we get broken down again in typical Villa fashion.

Just get in a DCM and CB. Please!

Its the sheer inevitabiliy that wears us down.

Same old story for the Villa!

Positives IMO from the game:

- the return of Vlaar

- Bennett (although I'm not convinced about him) had a decent game

- Delph/Westwood played well in midfield

- N'Zogbia, man of the match, set up 2 goals, other chances, was direct and linked the midfield with the attack.

- Benteke/Gabby/N'Zogbia as an attacking unit looked dangerous.

Negatives:

- Barry Bannan - very poor when he came on.

- Brett Holman - limited player who offered us nothing.

- Benteke's defending at corner kicks - just has to be stronger.

- Conceding 2 goals again!

- Poor substitutions from PL even if some of them were forced upon him.

At least we didn't lose. :mellow:

THIS

I'd like to add i was angry with Guzan for not holding that ball and conceding the corner.....this may be harsh though when i see the highlights i may reconsider. Holman and Bannan weakened us so much.

Well, at least he's been honest enough to say it - it's a very poor decision - the thing is that even if N'Zogbia had nothing in the tank and even if Lambert knew it, Albion didn't and he was keeping them honest. After he went off they got at Lichaj a lot more.

If N'Zogbia was playing at the risk of missing a game or two, then I think three points today would have made that risk worthwhile - we have Weimann who can play that position on the right and three points today would have been massive.

That's not to say that keeping N'Zogbia on would have guaranteed us three points, far from it, we're still who we are, but it would have helped - poor decision that one.

also why can't we defend corners or score from them?

Neither Westwood or Bannan can take corners, Zog is better but not great.

Baker, Clark, Lichaj, Vlaar, Bennett...... in fact the whole team can't defend corners...... it's mindboggling!

You need more than five players defending corners. Take in mind that we are one of the weakiest team in terms of physical heigth and strength. We can not match opponents - simple as that. Therefore a lot of corner goals conceded and also not scored on the other end of the pitch. Plus the delivery from our corners are just awfull. They can not cross, it is all about ability, the ball after kicking the corner is flying so slow and high that opponents are just prepared to clear the ball easily. The right corner should be inswinging fast mid-high ball, something like this:

I do not really know what are we trying to do in training. It is obvious that neither our player knows this. Personally, I would try Bennet to take the corner kicks. He seems to be our best crosser.

Edited by Majkee

Â