Favourite Bear

JohnCresswell

Favourite Bear  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Bear

• Panda (Giant)
    • Polar

And the chances of the two meeting each other to beat crap out of each other? Zero.

Dunno. They live not 500 yards apart in Dublin Zoo :P

Red Pandas are indeed very cool. And Simon is right by saying another name for them are Firefox.

However, they were disqualified from the vote as they are actually part of the racoon family.

*tuts*

The Red Panda is often classified as part of the raccoon family (Procyonidae), but many experts, including Wilson and Reeder (1993), now classify it as either a member of the bear family (Ursidae), or in its independent family (Ailuridae). However, it appears to be more closely related to procyonids than the Giant panda.[2]

Wikipedia

Red Panada's without doubt the coolest animal on the planet ...

PS

did someone say Panda's :-)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/397/tpandaam1.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7132/rp10mc5.jpg

PPS

it's def a bear ....

. It has similarities to both Procyonidae (raccoons) and Ursidae (bears). Currently it is classified as Ursidae

ursus arcticus is the scientific name for the brown bear, and not as is often thought the name for the polar bear. The Arctic is actually named after the bear, not the other way round. The polar bear has an entirely different latin name ( I think it might be ursus ursus)

Incidentally, there is also a gorilla whose scientific name is gorilla gorilla gorilla

Polar bears are a pest now in Canada and Alaska. They just rock into town and going through bins causing mayhem, bit like a drunk...

Only 'cus we melted their ice caps with our fridges and cars. Can't blame the bears for that.

Anyway, it's Grizzlies and Brown bears that do that, isn't it, not Polar Bears?

Polar bears are a pest now in Canada and Alaska. They just rock into town and going through bins causing mayhem, bit like a drunk...

Only 'cus we melted their ice caps with our fridges and cars. Can't blame the bears for that.

Anyway, it's Grizzlies and Brown bears that do that, isn't it, not Polar Bears?

Definitely Polars.

I've seen a documentary in an Alaskan town where they have a jail for polar bears that wander into town looking for food as more and more of their natural habitat melts. They lock em up, feed em and release em when it gets cold !

Polar bears love toothpaste. When exploring polar regions please remember to seal your toothpaste in a plastic bag so as to hide the scent.

There was always something special between me and Sue from Sooty, I acted like I didn't like her but would have done her back doors in. Lol! Can we lock the thread now I think kids might read this and get excited.

Â