U.S. Politics

maqroll

23 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I don’t think he has to post bond with his liquid assets.

Funnily enough, his properties should be valuable enough to be able to have insurance use it as collateral to post bond. 

But that would require a deep dive into his financials for his properties in other states and who know what that will discover….

Insurers have said they won’t accept his real estate assets and only accept cash or cash equivalents according to Trump’s filing and because he has to post 120% he basically doesn’t have that liquid to the tune of $550m….plus he doesn’t like paying the $18m bond fee.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Insurers have said they won’t accept his real estate assets and only accept cash or cash equivalents according to Trump’s filing and because he has to post 120% he basically doesn’t have that liquid to the tune of $550m….plus he doesn’t like paying the $18m bond fee.

Ouch - no wonder he took over the RNC. Needs another revenue flow to pay these legal bills!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This has nothing to do with hiring quotas. It's to do with the corner cutting and demand for profits that capitalism loves more than the safety of human life. 

Boeing sold their soul when they merged years ago and this is now the price of it. 

The fact you'd try to spin this as some right wing conspiracy about hiring less qualified people on some sort of quota is laughable. 

I think this highlights CV's point about identity politics. I made a point about identity hiring and within a dozen posts it's a laughable right wing conspiracy.

As CVBurns pointed out you need to be tolerant of of other people's views those on the left do not share this concept.

20 minutes ago, colhint said:

those on the left do not share this concept.

Nice broad brush, there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, colhint said:

As CVBurns pointed out you need to be tolerant of of other people's views those on the left do not share this concept.

That is hilarious

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, colhint said:

I think this highlights CV's point about identity politics. I made a point about identity hiring and within a dozen posts it's a laughable right wing conspiracy.

It is a laughable right wing conspiracy because it is wrong and in your specific example, there are factual reasons why Boeing has taken a nosedive in quality that have nothing to do with identity hiring.

And this goes back to the adjacent point that CV said that anyone can start spouting things like, "DEI is why Boeing took a nose dive" and it's touted as an "opinion" when it's factually incorrect.

We should reconsider the true effects of DEI practices in hiring is an opinion.

DEI hiring has caused Boeing's engineering quality drop is false and crucially - is not an opinion.

34 minutes ago, colhint said:

No no no. You don't have to be tolerant of made up things. 

What you said is not true. The current issues with Boeing has nothing to do with this so called quota hiring you've claimed exists with zero evidence. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No no no. You don't have to be tolerant of made up things. 

What you said is not true. The current issues with Boeing has nothing to do with this so called quota hiring you've claimed exists with zero evidence. 

Really you don't have to be tolerant of made up things. That's a bit archaic.

Edited by colhint
Sne beat me

8 minutes ago, colhint said:

Really you don't have to be tolerant of made up things. That's a bit archaic.

There's probably more evidence of God being real than what you claimed earlier. 

I'm hoping this gets bigger and bigger with trump. I think there will be multiple unknown loans or bonds against many assets which may come out. The other side worse case could be a secret loan from Putin

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

I'm hoping this gets bigger and bigger with trump. I think there will be multiple unknown loans or bonds against many assets which may come out. The other side worse case could be a secret loan from Putin

It will. He's still defaming E Jean Carroll. I suspect that will put off anyone wanting to lend money to someone with a record of not paying his debts.

• Like 1

Him getting the loans/bonds from Saudi Arabia would make him compromised / a security threat in the eyes of the CIA right?

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's probably more evidence of God being real than what you claimed earlier. 

Really. I claimed nothing more than Boeing sought identity on job applications, and why do they need that.

I guess you now have to prove the existence of god,

But be careful DCJonah won't be tolerant.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Him getting the loans/bonds from Saudi Arabia would make him compromised / a security threat in the eyes of the CIA right?

Would the same would apply to Russia. 

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

Really. I claimed nothing more than Boeing sought identity on job applications, and why do they need that.

Because (in this country at least, and I assume in the US also), there is a requirement to monitor hiring practices, in the light of historical prejudice against ethnic minorities. The quota system aims to get more BAME applicants into jobs for which they are qualified. It does NOT mean 'rejecting good white applicants, and hiring poor black applicants just because they are black'. 

• Like 1

Â