U.S. Politics

maqroll

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

True, I think his announcement the other day was just based on congress. 

That would make sense. His movement would benefit from term limits because it'd allow them to more easily wash away the "old guard" Republicans in the Senate that still oppose him.

It'd be a very small ray of sunshine in a dark sky if Trump got elected and did bother to bring them in.

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

That would make sense. His movement would benefit from term limits because it'd allow them to more easily wash away the "old guard" Republicans in the Senate that still oppose him.

It'd be a very small ray of sunshine in a dark sky if Trump got elected and did bother to bring them in.

Yes though if it requires a constitutional amendment presumably it would need two thirds of senators and house representatives to vote in favour of severely limiting the amount of time they are allowed to stay in power.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2024 at 11:00, nick76 said:

(Dem) Cori Bush alleged to have misused funds

Of no surprise to DC insiders.

Also - the least useful - in terms of progressing bills, holding committee seats, authoring bills - of the squad

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

But Biden is a disaster. 

Yep, it’s really coming down to being old is the reason floated that he shouldn’t be voted for after changing the blame on the border/immigration issue in the last few weeks and the economy is getting better.  Obviously some far left are also against him for his foreign policy actions but they certainly aren’t going to vote for Trump.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They need Trump to sort out the economy 

His personal economy is getting slaughtered at the moment with the $83.3m verdict and the soon to be $200-400m fine he’s likely to get as early as today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

His personal economy is getting slaughtered at the moment with the $83.3m verdict and the soon to be $200-400m fine he’s likely to get as early as today.

100% agree, I was just sarcastically suggesting he is the only person to sort out the well performing economy.

He’ll have to work extra hard to find an angle where he’s the knight in shining armour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

$200m-$400m plus interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I bet his family are ignoring his calls now. Probably telling his kids they need to sell stuff and stick the money in his account.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Using a Trump owned platform, Truth Social, to post this Ad I wonder how long it will stay up! 😂

But then he does need the money too… quite the dilemma 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Using a Trump owned platform, Truth Social, to post this Ad I wonder how long it will stay up! 😂

If it's banned they need to shout Cancel Culture and destruction of free speech from the rooftops. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

But then he does need the money too… quite the dilemma 

Are there laws in USA about not allowing broadcasting of political campaigns? It wouldn't surprise me. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Are there laws in USA about not allowing broadcasting of political campaigns? It wouldn't surprise me. 

There's money to be made in campaigns though and they're a whole industry. Some of them are insane(ly funny). 

Â