U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

One thing that also must be mentioned is that all the violence and hatred (which is what it is), is coming from the left

AFAIK, there has been one Trump protest related homicide, and that was committed by a Trump supporter against a protester in Washington state.

(I know this wasn't your statement, NV)

Edited by maqroll

4 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

Nice to know and thanks Rugeley Villa!  I hope we get a good performance (at least), on Saturday!

You have more chance of John Lennon rising to sort the worlds problems out than a decent villa performance ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's a strange world were 'a changing of the tide for the better' is the euphemistic description of the rolling back of progress to division, and suspicion, and hatred of your fellow man.

Hatred of your fellow man? What a load of cobblers. No hate from me brother just clear eyes that see change is needed. 

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The far left  demonstrations seem a lot more violent than the far right. Infact they are the biggest thugs going. Strange really when you think about what they apparently stand for.

Discussed elsewhere but how many protestors have there been over the last fortnight (let's extend 'left' to everyone opposed to Trump - I don't think there's evidence these people are particularly far left, which isn't that common a position)? And how many were violent? I don't think the right has monopoly of violence and every walk of life has its words removed.

I also don't think it's a fact that the 'far left'are the biggest thugs going. I'd like to see your extensive evidence for these facts, showing comparisons with other movements.

Edited by Chindie

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Hatred of your fellow man? What a load of cobblers. No hate from me brother just clear eyes that see change is needed. 

The growth of the right is about division and at it's nth degree hatred. Trump's movement is founded on suspicion and division and hate.

Can I suggest your clear eyes are myopic?

• Like 3

I'm curious to know what the UK based Trump lover's view of the 2nd world was like? If they have a favourable view of Britain fighting in the world, defending some values and oppressing others - I wonder if they could be so kind as to articulate some of those values that the brave soldiers and heroes were fighting for in their minds? For example, do they think it was to ensure that megalomaniac dictators didn't run roughshod over humanity, bypassing democratic values, and persecuting minorities... or was it just the simply joy of seeing a foreigner dead? 

Edited by Rodders

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Discussed elsewhere but how many protestors have there been over the last fortnight (let's extend 'left' to everyone opposed to Trump - I don't think there's evidence these people are particularly far left, which isn't that common a position)? And how many were violent? I don't think the right has monopoly of violence and every walk of life has its words removed.

I don't think everyone who is anti trump are from the left. You can have conservative views and still find some of the stuff trump is doing as plain wrong. Without looking too far into it is say you get a lot more violence at left wing protests. I can always remember growing up as a kid seeing the left being violent and wondering WTF they were rioting about. Far right groups in this country seem to be very yellow underneath that bomber jacket and Union Jack. 

54 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Not a comment directly aimed at your own, otherwise I would have quoted you (but you can consider it aimed at your general long established contraryism) :)

To pick up your point though... Are people not allowed to 'join the party' unless they're aware of all the ins and outs? Or if they're not absolutely solely dedicated to the cause to the exclusion of everything else?

In all honesty this just reads like sneering supremacy at people with good intentions.

I don't do sneering and I don't do supremacy ...you may disagree of course ... you might be surprised to know that a lot of your posts come across as sneering supremacy to me also ... maybe it's a flaw of the internet and in real life the conversations would truely reflect the person 

me ,  I'm just a simple uneducated bloke who views a world in black and white and just can't understand why people think their 5 minutes of interest in something will change the world ...  I'm sure these people mean well and you can argue it's better than doing nothing but in a lot of cases they just leap from one bandwagon to another because they feel they have to ... my kids dislike Trump , they are 12 and 9 they don't even know why they are supposed to dislike him they've just sorta been told that they do ...they have an excuse ,grown men and women on a Facebook and a twitter , frankly don't .

I'm no supporter of Trump , I'm rather indifferent to the whole America thing if I'm honest , but you'd think Trump was the first American president with a half arsed foreign policy if you read the internet ... bash Trump by all means he's the current incombant  but let's not pretend it all started with him

give it 6 months I doubt I'll see a Trump post on my Facebook wall and everyone will be on a new bandwagon anyway 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don't think everyone who is anti trump are from the left. You can have conservative views and still find some of the stuff trump is doing as plain wrong. Without looking too far into it is say you get a lot more violence at left wing protests. I can always remember growing up as a kid seeing the left being violent and wondering WTF they were rioting about. Far right groups in this country seem to be very yellow underneath that bomber jacket and Union Jack. 

That's a very long way of saying 'i haven't actually looked into it but it matches my bias to think it so don't question it'.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I also don't think it's a fact that the 'far left'are the biggest thugs going. I'd like to see your extensive evidence for these facts, showing comparisons with other movements.

I'm guessing he's used left because well because protesting is what lefty types do :)

but I agree with your post 

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That's a very long way of saying 'i haven't actually looked into it but it matches my bias to think it so don't question it'.

That's pretty much presenting the same argument as I have (about people protesting without understanding why ) and you called it sneering and supremest ?  

Â