West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

In the past 8 months he has been done for drink driving and filmed using legal highs

I really don't see many big clubs being bothered with him if he carries on being a bellend

Edited by Jimzk5

Good player, who I think will fall by the wayside once he earns that big contract.

Like many before him

Will probably end up on the City bench or an understudy for Sturridge at Liverpool

or the graveyard of promising footballers - Spudzzzz

West Brom fans I know are putting a brave face on it, but it must surely be a killer blow for them...that their one decent player can't wait to leave.

Its an agonising one. On paper I'd honestly say our squad is head and shoulders above theirs. I just wish they'd show even 10% of their ability and we could accelerate away from them. Despite how we're doing right now, which of their players would you take off their usual starting XI for our first team?

Foster - Definately Not

Wisdom - Absolutely Not

Lescott - Definitely on the rapid decline and paid 80k/week apparently. I'd say Vlaar/Clark/Okore are better

McAuley - Not a premiership player

Pocognoli - He's been unceremoniously dumped by Pulis. Pretty crap.

Brunt - Plodder
Yacob - Plodder, I think he's their Mr Dirty, but lacks most things except the rough tackle.
Fletcher - Definitely had his best days, all his comments are akin to a retired player. He'll be coasting now. i'd be worried about why his W.Ham deal fell through.

Sessignon - Already have a player who turns up to 1 game in 7 in N'Zogbia thanks

Anichebe - Poor mans Emile Heskey
Berahino - Their best player by a mile. Cocky bugger who'd drive us mad too. As others have said, he'd fit in well on Spurs/Liverpool's bench next season.

I think I've chosen a representative XI for them. Others include Dorrans/Morrison/Dawson/Gardner/Baird who are the definition of Championship plodders and Mulumbu/Olsson who have had their day and by all accounts  are now pretty  rubbish.

They've been through so many managers of late, I'd argue each one has overachieved to keep a squad like that in the league. Some of those players (Berahino aside), on their day, are okay, none of them would get into a top 10 team even on top form. If we go down and they stay up.... my God.

Its a pretty old team in terms of being together for a while,since 2009 relegation they still have Olsson, Brunt, Morrison, Dorrans and Mulumbu add in LEscott, Baird, Yacob, Fletcher and id say probably the oldest team in the league in terms of age and staleness

Their midfield remains pretty much what got them up in 2009, Brunt, Morrison and Mulumbu are all good players on their day but could seriously do with some injection of pace in that area.

Not sure Pulis will do that though as he likes central midfields that hold it's position and never get forward hence why Yacob has returned to the starting 11.

Can't believe they messed up not signing a new striker in the window, I know it was only Carlton Cole but still.

Beharino playing up or even gets injured, who scores their goals. Anchiebe is a crock, Brown Ideye?!

Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

Can't believe they messed up not signing a new striker in the window, I know it was only Carlton Cole but still.

Beharino playing up or even gets injured, who scores their goals. Anchiebe is a crock, Brown Ideye?!

They still scored more today that we have in about 3 months :lol:

Wouldn't it be brilliant is Tony "Automatic survival" Pulis ended up taking them down? Not just because they are our rivals but the media jizzfest over him recently, when they hired him people were saying "thats West Brom safe" and it pisses me off like he's Pep Guardiola or something. Even if he does keep them up he has a very low ceiling with them anyway.

• Like 1

Pulis doing a textbook session on how to keep a team up.

Already they've beaten Hull and Swansea at home in his reign so 2/3 home wins and nicked points at Everton and Burnley even if they were terrible.

Probably need 10 more points, can't see them going down on 36 so they need home wins v QPR and Leicester, a draw from one other home game, let's say Southampton and then away draws against us, Sunderland and Palace.

I fully expect them to achieve that.

If Pulis took over tomorrow he'd identify the QPR, Burnley, Swansea and Stoke home games games to win, West Brom, West Ham and Everton would all be potential draws although if you defend well you can nick one of those games 1 nil.

So 10-12 points from the home games and then play for draws at Newcastle, Sunderland and Southampton.

I'm not saying I want Pulis btw but that's why teams never go down under his watch even in reasonable short spaces of time as he identifies games where his teams can claim points/wins and drills them accordingly in the week before the game.

Will he improve West Brom signficantly in the long term, I'd say no but then how far can West Brom realistically go up the league in the modern day premier league. But as a short term fix, few are better to appoint to guarentee staying up.

Let's hope our new guy is made of the same stuff.

Â