January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Toure? No chance. Any links to players from top half teams can pretty much be discarded as we absolutely will not pay their wages.

Depends. We might be able to shift Dunne/Warnock/Hutton (doubt it though). Getting rid of those three alone with free up nearly 150k, which is pretty ridiculous really. Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Kolo Toure has the turning circle of Richard Dunne and is arguably slower.... plus, he'll be away with Ivory Coast for the next month or so...

Not a chance of this!

I just hope we get a shift on and bring in a couple of new players before the weekend.

There are players out there who don't demand huge wages and don't have teams of advisers picking up a few grand in the deal. You just need to be a little smarter. I suspect Lerner has got the hang of things now. As we can see with Fernandes at the minute, ambition can be preyed upon and naivety gets clubs in trouble as they get taken for a ride in the transfer market.

I'm sure players wil come in but the talks of Toure/Lescott and the like are pie in the sky. Even if it were likely to happen, I wouldn't want them here, as I don't see them being driven enough to play for us when they've tasted success at the top, financially and otherwise.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

The Scott Parker thing was me. I was trying to show how easy it is to fake a Sky Sports account tweet for any player you like. Someone did it for Milner to Sunderland so I said stop being so gullible - look, I can do one right now: RT @SkySportsNews: Aston Villa have had a loan bid for Scott Parker accepted by Tottenham Hotspur. #SSN

....and then of course everybody fell for it and started asking journalists if it was true :bang:

So my bad. I'll try not to joke about these things or reason with those that can't understand ever again!

• Like 1

Aston Villa are in talks with LA Galaxy with an interest of taking USA International Landon Donavon and Rep. Ireland International Robbie Keane on loan during the MLS Close season.

i thought donavon's contract had expired and he'd be going somewhere permanently, another who bigger teams will be sniffing around IMO

I missed it earlier, but apparently we are hoping to wrap up Hutton's loan to forest until the end of the season within the next 24 hours. Good news that.

better if it was permanent, even for 500k

better if it was permanent, even for 500k

Definitely, I reckon the biggest problem would be that his wages would be fairly high if they don't get promoted. So, if the deal is only to be a loan, I'll be hoping Eck gets Forest up (doubtful), just so he can take him off our hands.

Edited by LockStockVilla

According to Durham (who is a posh fan and knows people inside Posh) he says a premier club has enquired about George Boyd.

I doubt it's us but he is in the lower leagues and is sort of experienced.. but I doubt it's us to be honest.

Saw this. Surprised he's never played in the Prem to be honest. Always has done it for Peterborough in the Championship. Reckon it might be Reading but I would take him definitely.

According to Durham (who is a posh fan and knows people inside Posh) he says a premier club has enquired about George Boyd.

I doubt it's us but he is in the lower leagues and is sort of experienced.. but I doubt it's us to be honest.

is he the forward? Don't think it's us to be honest