January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I rate your chance of that at minus zero!...........however, if he was our manager..... ;)

Let's just say I rate our chances as a little higher than that . ;)

I think Naaarrich fans may have another reason to be a little pissed off with us actually.

Lambert has shown how he will play these young players ahead of established Premier League stars, that is our major selling point when we go in for these up and coming players, they know if they perform in training and look the part they will get the nod and play in the Premier League and maybe even a cup final.

It also makes me want to see a little more of this Jordan Bowery fella, perhaps hes a little better than we all believe.

i like the fact that weve bought some unknown young talented english lads, its offered a good balance, but lets not buy too many, the balance could then weight out the other way

we still need a balance of foreign flair / international experience

Agree, we need some experience and proven quality now. Once the adrenalin has burned out of some of the kids we will need that experience and we don't want to be resorting to dropping Dunne and Hutton back into the team. Having said that I'm hoping for a couple of young German additions .

It will be interesting to see if any of Michael Henke's work will bear fruit in January, or whether it might be next summer before we see it?

I'm genuinely excited about who we might be bringing in next month. I think we'll sign 2 players personally, as January is never a great time to shop.

I also think we will probably only sign 2 players in january. If this is the case i would like a DM possible Derek Boateng and a midfield playmaker playing in the hole. An unknown young english talent from the lower leagues would be a bonus though.

just putting the question out there to stimulate debate. For example you mention baker there, for me he is the best young centre half in his age in the league currently with his form

I think baker and Clark are showing great potential but neither are top class defenders right now so it's a position I think we can improve on while still allowing them to develop with rotating the squad. I don't think both of them have to play week in week out.

Same with bannan and Holman. Both playing well but we get better by improving on them and then have better quality in the squad to rotate and cover.

I think bringing in 30 year olds on big wages could be damaging to some of our players, particularly if they've played well thus far.

I think Lambert has started a culture of hungry players looking to gel as a young unit and drive us on, and he needs to continue that approach.

The squad currently (assuming the 3-5-2 system is long term) is:

Guzan Given

Lowton Lichaj

Bennett Stevens

Vlaar Clark Baker Herd Dunne

Bannan Westwood Holman Ireland Delph N'Zogbia El-Ahmadi

Bent Agbonlahor Benteke Weimann..

As long as the form continued to be decent, the only players I'd be looking to add to/possibly replace would be the ones in bold. And I certainly wouldn't be looking at players of similar age and wages to those ones.

I think bringing in 30 year olds on big wages could be damaging to some of our players, particularly if they've played well thus far.

I think Lambert has started a culture of hungry players looking to gel as a young unit and drive us on, and he needs to continue that approach.

The squad currently (assuming the 3-5-2 system is long term) is:

Guzan Given

Lowton Lichaj

Bennett Stevens

Vlaar Clark Baker Herd Dunne

Bannan Westwood Holman Ireland Delph N'Zogbia El-Ahmadi

Bent Agbonlahor Benteke Weimann..

As long as the form continued to be decent, the only players I'd be looking to add to/possibly replace would be the ones in bold. And I certainly wouldn't be looking at players of similar age and wages to those ones.

Put Given in Bold and I agree