January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

What kind of midfielder Dale Stephens is?

Young, inexperienced and not yet consistent but he is good on the ball, a good passer far more ambitious on the ball than Westwood and someone with a more than decent shot on him. A promising young talent, he isn't the answer to our problems in CM at the moment in my opinion and I'd like to see us add experience rather than more youth but as another potential talent for the future I think he would be worth the money.

If we got him and a more experienced body in CM I'd be very happy, less so if he was the only CM addition.

If he's as good as Ashley Westwood then I'd be pleased with that.

Still think priority needs to be a wide player and if he's not going to play Ireland someone creative to play behind Benteke.

We need to score more goals. That problem has to try and be addressed this window.

If he's as good as Ashley Westwood then I'd be pleased with that.

Still think priority needs to be a wide player and if he's not going to play Ireland someone creative to play behind Benteke.

We need to score more goals. That problem has to try and be addressed this window.

I just don't see us going for wide players, we aren't set up to play with wingers and I don't see Lambert changing that in January. He just doesn't seem like a 4-4-2 type of manager so I'd expect CB's, CM's and forwards to be what we are looking at in January.

I see. Would be a shame, we could do with him, I think. Or someone like him.

Agreed, I mentioned him a few pages back. I think he would be a fantastic signing but due to the long standing rumour (lets not repeat/speculate on it here folks) I think it is unlikely.

I just have a feeling, even if Lescott was gettable by Villa he wouldn't have the right attitude we'd need. He's tasted the big time and the big money. Not sure he'd be up for the fight we have on our hands (for a fraction of the wages he's currently on).

Agreed, I mentioned him a few pages back. I think he would be a fantastic signing but due to the long standing rumour (lets not repeat/speculate on it here folks) I think it is unlikely.

Understood. :) I'm trying to think of someone similar. Because, in my opinion, we do need a centre half, someone who has fallen out of favour and is potentially hungry to take a second chance and prove any doubters wrong.

I just have a feeling, even if Lescott was gettable by Villa he wouldn't have the right attitude we'd need. He's tasted the big time and the big money. Not sure he'd be up for the fight we have on our hands (for a fraction of the wages he's currently on).

Yeah, maybe. I just think he may have a bit of hunger after falling out of favour, to get first team football and prove any doubters wrong.

Are we really in for a CM? We seem to have alot of them, maybe not of that top notch quality but, alot of them. El Ahmadi, Westwood, Bannan, Ireland, Delph, Holman, Herd, Gardner (although injured) plus a couple of youngsters in the U21's Johnson and Carruthers.

This may sound a bit obscure but I don't know how else to put it -

Who is Clarence Seedorf six years ago?

Because I think that's the type of player we need, we're missing a leading experienced player who knows when to rally people up but can also be a calming influence and covers the entire pitch.

6 years ago Seedorf was an integral part of the Milan team that were on their way to winning the Champions League.

I think wanting to sign someone like that is a little out of our league unfortunately.

Shawcross in some sort of swap+cash for bent.

Weve conceeded lots of goals due to clark loosing his man. We also need another option up front - if ever bentekke gets injured we would be really in the sh*te

He has either just signed or is about to sign a new and long term contract at Stoke, good player but not going anywhere at the moment.

6 years ago Seedorf was an integral part of the Milan team that were on their way to winning the Champions League.

I think wanting to sign someone like that is a little out of our league unfortunately.

Haha yeah maybe :D

Two years ago then? :P

No, I'm joking. I just didn't know how to describe the type of player I mean. Someone with those qualities I've mentioned before though, leading, experienced, can motivate and calm, gets about the pitch.

Seedorf has a career record of 1 goal in 7 games which would be good enough for this type of player I envision.

Especially as Seedorf links a lot of play and adds assists to his game.

Maybe we'll have it in Westwood. :) But I still think we need someone 28-32, still full of desire.