Sweden v England

andykeenan

Who could England honestly get to the job? dont say **** Harry

harry is perfect for it though, as coda says you arent coaching this lot to suddenly start playing football, so instead you get someone in to give them confidence and get them playing quick attacking football

instead we get roy trying to play tippy tappy bollocks across a back four that cant pass before either going back to hart or playing it to gerrard or rooney when they come looking for the ball in the middle of our own half, i swear watching england is like watching us under mcleish, you cant actually see what our gameplan is, its not pass and move, its not width, its not direct, its not long ball, its just a mess of everything done badly

Harry would have been worse as his "tactics" and lack of European knowledge would have seen England not get out of group in Euro 2012. Hodgson maybe not most fanciest media savvy manager but he has England organised which is good enough in international football to make you competitive like Greece over recent years.

so Mantis said they are playing kick and rush and you are saying they are playing tippy tappy football. make up your mind ;)

im saying our idea of keeping the ball is pointless passes across the back 4 going absolutely nowhere before either going back to hart or giving it to a far too deep gerrard or just having glen johnson either make a pointless blind alley run down the wing or smash it out for a throw, when we do go long its to welbeck upfront by himself, when we go wide there isnt the balance to have the other winger cutting in, when the full backs go forward they cut inside rather than overlap

im telling you england are an international version of mcleish's villa

like i said i dont think these players need amazing tactics (gerrard and rooney will just go in to roy of the rovers mode come the tournaments anyway) or coaching they just need confidence and to play to their strengths which is fast paced attacking football, traditional prem style football, we wont win anything with it but we sure as hell wont be this bad either

You guys can change your manager as many times as you like but it doesn't matter if you don't have the players. It's no different to people on here thinking we were going to start shooting up the table once we got rid of McLeish.

You need to just stick with one manager and give him some time to get a system going, Hodgson is fine for england manager. He will get the squad playing as a unit and the results will start to come, just like how he transformed West Brom and Fulham.

I thought we played very well last night until we started making all the changes. That's when Sweden took over.

Up until then we were good.

I was hugely impressed with Osman actually. Shame he's so old these days. Played like an older version of Wilshere. Got in good positions, received the ball, protected it and made a pass. Lovely.

The problem isn't the manager but the fact that a lot of the players are either crap or overrated. Plus the younger lads need a lot more time to bed in, it'll take a couple of years for them to do that not a couple of games, it has to be a genuine long term project.

Also I keep hearing about how Joe Hart is 'world class' but that was a mighty fine David James impression last night.

As Ibrahimovic so pointedly remarked. Now that he has scored against England, he might now be rated by their media. What with it being a pre-requisite and all :)

I don't get all these people that don't rate Ibrahimovic, madness.. Well they will shut up after last night.

they will just say its only a friendly which it was ;)

I hope Joe Hart plays like that the weekend against us

Hilarious

just our luck he had that game 1 match before us :(. Hopefully a Carson like drop in form will happen for the weekend

Okay don't mean to boast. But on the 2001-2002 edition of Championship Manager I found Zlatan Ibrahimovic first. His success is down to me.

10 years ahead of a highly paid Sky pundit ;)

Jamie Redknapp’s nous knows no bounds: "Last night the world finally woke up to the mighty Zlatan."

This man is paid handsomely to provide expert footballing insight, this time in his Daily Mail column.

You don’t need us to tell you that Zlatan is now 31-years-old, signed his first professional contract in 1999, has played for a succession of Europe’s most illustrious clubs and has spent his 13-year career winning just about every club honour going (bar the biggy).

We suspect that when Jamie Redknapp says ‘world’, what he really means is ‘Jamie Redknapp’.

True..

Still a great player on his day.

No "on his day" about it.

I put on Twitter last night that "I bet there are still people who think Zlatan isn't that good"

And I bet there are. It's ludicrous, the guy is class.

please tell me thats true about jamie redknapp!

no doubt he's another who discovered this great italian midfielder called andrea pirlo in the summer!

and if you are claiming zlatan pieface im having pirlo, can remember quitting as inter boss because he refused to join and playing as someone else so that i could sign him

The fact that Zlatan tends to play shit in big champions league games (i.e. in the KO stages and often against English teams) is a big reason why the English media don't rate him.

I don't think his talent is ever in doubt just his ability to deliver in the big matches on the European stage (smashing it in Italy and France aren't exactly major achievements and his time in Spain wasn't exactly a great one).

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with those arguments but I think they are legitimate ones.

Â